main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Armageddon Expo Melbourne - 13-14 October 2007

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by starfire-phoenix, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    There is no longer a 'rivaly' issue happening between Armageddon and Supanova planning events for the same city on the same weekend anymore.... as Armageddon are moving their event to Melbourne now instead. But that's kinda bad for those of us who had hoped to visit one event on the Sat and the other on the Sunday :(

Some of you who were heading over to Melb for the weekend after might want to consider extending your trip if any of the guests appeal to your interests.

http://www.armageddonexpo.com/

2. LittleTinGoddess

LittleTinGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 7, 2006
    Omg i so gotta go to that!

3. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    So if Ray Park, Matt Wood and Jay Laga'aia are going to be at this the week before Jedi-Force, why is Star Walking's guest list still TBA????

4. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Hmmmm, a very good question!!

5. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Ohhh the suspense!! :p

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Should our CR pose the question?

7. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Not a bad idea! Maybe he'll get a reply!

8. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    There's seems to be a lack of discussion on the Vic boards about Jedi-Force, but I dropped a hint on the closest thread I can find, http://boards.theforce.net/oceania_regional_discussion/b10033/26822757/p1/?8

lordvaderFF is usually pretty good with knowing what's happening :)

9. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Back on topic - Matt Wood and Ray Park will be in melb for Armageddon... but they will be heading over to Auckland for the other Armageddon event the following weekend. So, unless they have perfected transporters, I think 'jedi force' will miss out :(

10. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    I'm so confused with all the different events happening around the September / October time frame. And now that the new one with Morena is on.... :oops:

Hmmm, I think I'll draw up a calendar of stuff and work out what is the most appealling. [face_worried]

11. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Chances are, MS and I will be going to Armageddon. I've let MS decide which event we go to, and the guest list for Armageddon is a lot more appealing to the both of us!

12. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Oooh, I just checked...I'm on holidays from then until the week after the SW convention thingo is on.

9 days in Melbourne being planned. Although it could be extended to 2.5 weeks if we stay for the Firefly one the following week!

eeek!

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wish I could attend this one as well, but I will be in Mildura for a Swimming camp for the super fish......

14. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    I'm going to try for both in Melbourne, here's hoping :)

15. oz_skipp

Apr 20, 2004
    Indeed :)

There's a Firefly con in Melbourne on Saturday the week after the StarWalking one, so unless I stay in Melbourne for 2.5 weeks or fly back and forth, I might miss the Armageddon one unless I do a quick flyby just for that weekend.

Not to mention that the Firefly one moves to Sydney on the Sunday, so preliminary plans are being made to go to the SW one, stay in Melbourne for 4 days, then go to Syndey for 4 days.

My head hurts just thinking about it!!

Firefly con details: http://www.thehubproductions.com/ (the hub people have done a few, so it's legit...I just want to know who the 3 stars are...Inara, Kayley and River should be fine by me ;) )

16. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Ahhh then Starcruiser might wanna stay for the Firefly one :p might be the kick up the butt she needs for her Kayley costume.

Ahhhh costumes...

17. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Just got back from Melbourne Armageddon 07 & I have just one word !! WOW !!

What a great convention it was. Having only been to one convention prior I had no idea how good a convention could be. The guest list was amazing , the guests were friendly, down to earth & just great people. The turn out was purely unbelievable. Each of the panels talks that I attended had upwards of 450 people in them. The last one I attended they had to shut the doors because it was absolutely packed full.

The venue was absolutely perfect. Located in the heart of Melbourne with many hotels to stay at & public transport right at your touch, it was the perfect choice. Everything was under one roof & all you had to do was walk up or downstairs. The food cafeteria was brilliant, with over 1,000 seats, I found a place to eat no worries on both days & didn?t have to sit on the ground eating by the wall as I did last year. The food was hot & reasonably priced.

Billy West was absolutely funny, he had some great stories to tell & when he walked in to the room the crowd just went ballistic !! The crowd booed when the organisers had to drag Billy away as his time was up. A great guest !!

Alan Tudyk was a surprise?being such a huge Firefly/Sernity fan I knew he?d be great, but I had no idea that his talk would attract 500 a strong crowd. Having seen his talk I now know why. He is funny as Hell !! He showed a small behind the scenes film beforehand & people laughed & really loved it.

It was an honour & a privilege to meet Andrea Romano & Bruce Timm, brains behind Justice League & many more animated series. Andrea was so nice & so much fun to talk to especially.

Rino Romano, the voice behind ? The Batman? was a great guy & was especially taken with Alison?s Wonder Woman costume & even my Jedi robes?he even insisted on having a photo taken with his camera !!

John Wesley Ship, the man in the 90?s ?The Flash? TV series was full of charisma also, his talk was brilliantly attended & I learnt plenty from him.

Not being a Stargate fan I did go to one of the guests talks- Joe Flanigan, I didn?t go to Peter Woodwards. Joe?s was awesome?once again the auditorium was packed completely full & he was such an awesome guest. He kept the huge crowd entertained the whole time.

Richard Horvitz- Billy from Billy & Mandy was funny as Hell also, he seemed as awestruck by Billy West as the rest of did *lol* It was funny. Neil Kaplan- Optimus Prime was a extremely funny too- at one point he threw the microphone away & said ? what do I need this for?? He was right, he was one loud yank*lol*

I met up with the guys from ?Starwalking? & told them about us, they were really nice & friendly and welcoming of SAFF & I met some great people there.

Overall, the convention was amazing, the attendance was amazing & for the first Amageddon it was unbelievably well attended. The line up of guest was brilliant & the organisers did a superlative job of putting together one hell of a convention. The organisers were stoked with the turn out & promise on the strength of this one to be back next year?. & for mine, I hope to be also.

AWESOME !!

pics to come tomorrow !!:D

18. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Lazy post.....new costumes!

Raven from Teen Titans

[image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/Images/teentitans/raven/raven1.jpg]

Wonder Woman from Justice League Animated

[image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/Images/wonderwoman/ww1.jpg]

The pic with Rino

[image=http://www.starfirephoenix.net/Images/gen/rino.jpg]

I have much more to share when I get my head together.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Look forward to seeing more photos... ;)

20. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Mandy took a few pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandymaria/sets/72157602430504077/

She also found this shot of the back of my costume on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dogmatic/1568405920/in/set-72157602415380979/

Some pics of us on the WETA gallery: http://www.wetanz-forums.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=37&page=4
    http://www.wetanz-forums.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=37&page=5

Still uploading mine.

21. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    I'm sure Armageddon was cool, but it could not have been better than standing on DarthBeanBabie's front lawn, surrounded by crates of figures, lego, cans of drink and a life size JarJar waving the Aussie flag ;)

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now that was Awesome! And tonight at Swimming the Coach was saying if he'd known how cheap Jar Jar was he'd have stopped and bought him!!

23. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Did JarJar sell?

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I don't know, but I want to find out as the coach is still interested!?!!?

25. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    OMG... someone likes Jar Jar enough to buy him...[face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.