main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Armageddon

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Webb, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
  2. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    I don't get it...

Couldn't we prep, years in advance, to have large explosive objects in it's path, detonate at intervals, thus coercing it's path?

Doomsayers suck.

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    ONly one problem...

We no longer have the capability... nor really, the political will.

The US could not put a man (back) on the moon in the next 5 years... Let alone get a device to rendezvous and explode with a deep space object in the next 11 years... not gonna happen.

4. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    "Let alone get a device to rendezvous and explode with a deep space object in the next 11 years... not gonna happen."

we could send void ;-)

5. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.... That's not a bad idea. Heh heh.... [face_devil]

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    things crashing to earth in 2014....why does this sound so familiar to me....

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well, since the world was supposed to end in 2012 (according to x-files):

In the final episode it is revealed that on December 22, 2012, aliens will invade and take over the world. In reality, December 23, 2012 is the day the ancient Mayan calendar will end.

so i figure an asteroid hitting in 2014 wont bother us too much...

hehe

8. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i've heard 2012 somewhere else besides x-files, and i've also heard 2040. i can't remember exactly where they got those numbers, but i think it had to do with some weird kind of equation involving the bible. it's been too long for me to recall.

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well, as i posted 2012 is also the mayan date for the end..

10. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    yeah i saw that you put that... i meant i couldn't remember where i'd heard it, i guess. but i'm thinking it was some show like sightings, and now that you mention it, i think they did bring up the mayan calendar.

11. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm trying to find a good article on the end of the Mayan calender (it's also the end of an Aztec 13 year cycle which started in 1999).

Remember, for native american people (yes, Mayans are native americans), the end also marks the beginning. In circular concepts, there is no end and no beginning only points in time and space. So if the count ends in 2012, it also marks a beginning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.