main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ ARMAGEDDON!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Sep 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Just arrived home from the Wellington Armageddon, where I had a mountain of fun. It was great to meet up with other SWNZ members for the first time, in some cases matching names with faces. Pcked up some neat stuff (including an some vintage die casts and an original ghostbusters storybook) and for all those DBZ fans, (skite skite) I got Goku's autograph! I really enjoyed it, pity I couldnt stay a day longer. Hghlights for me:
    a) the Kamehameha competition (kids trying to do DBZ moves, sooo funny)
    b) getting my photo taken with Buffy and Lara Croft.
    what did everone else (who went) think?

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Dude, I won Kamehameha competition here at comicfest!

3. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Cool, I just managed to find the time to finally post something. Great to see all those that turned up we had a really good time.
    Met Che-Fu yesterday, he came and had a chat about star wars. He's a big Comic fan and his concert was great.
    I'm not sure what happened to me yesterday but seeing all these kids getting cards signed by Goku got to me and I lost the plot completely and ended up in the autograph line with a baseball bat. But right at the last minute when I was about to tell him how much of a joke DBZ is he said "Hello" and signed a card for me, so now I have phat DBZ card signed by Goku and all last night I was running around the house doing kamma-wamma-gamma-ray forces on people.

Keep an eye on the site we should have pics up soon.

4. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    you should've entered the kahama whamma competition.

5. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I should have, and then got on stage and kamma wamma'd everyone... including Goku.

6. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah right.
    much else happen on sunday? whadddi miss?

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Che-Fu was your biggest miss. The guy next door selling the DBZ cards was funny again, he got all angry the with kids and told them he wasn't going to trade or buy stuff off them anymore. I think one too many kids tried to sell him one of those signed Goku cards.
    [Rant]I couldn't believe the amount of money that traded hands with those cards. Under 12yrolds handing over between $20-$40 for a few cards. I saw one kids who looked about 8 buy about $70 worth of cards in an hour. He'd buy a card then go away and comeback with more. They had no concept of money or possesions which is pretty sad cause what are these kids going to be like when they are older. And also while i'm on my rant, what's up with Parents spending $20-$30 on a few packets of cards for their kids. It's kinda wrong I reckon, sure treat ya kid now and then but make them earn some of the money too, teach them some decent values.[/rant]

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    [rant2]What the hang is up with grown adults wearing big bright yellow Pikachu toys on their shoulder whose eyes light up and talk gibberesh when you pat it?[/rant2]

9. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    nuts, they're all nuts.

10. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    I agree with rant 1 & 2
    Kids need to be taught the value of a dollar
    How did the Star wars booth go?

11. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    When I was a kid I got 50c a week pocket money. $70 was like a million :D

12. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Wat pisses me off about DBZ card kids is the theivery. Ok at the local comic shop about 3 form 1 punk kids stool a whole box of boosters over $300 worth. Me and my mate went on a 10 min chase but lost em but then there parents made them give all of there cards to the owner who i know well. But the thing is when u give kids money they expect it all the time and if they dont get it they steal.

13. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Star Wars booth went really well, we got a lot of attention thanks to Thumb Wars and the stormtrooper helmets. We were basically the only strictly star wars stall there so that was a bonus as well. Sold a few figures too.

14. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    First lot of pictures are up on the site.

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    sounds great, damm i wish i'd been there for DBZ at least, i mean how many 22 year olds can claim to have watched every episode (well, nearly anyway, some 2, 3x) at the 430 timeslot!

a friend promised to get me goku's signature, lets hope comes through......

oh, re the rant about kids with too much money, anyone remember that time Krusty opened a Clown Academy, then the mob took it over for failure to pay gambling debts, anyway...."kids have a lot of money these days, after you entertain them, you should consider robbing them"

16. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Like that idea humble

(rant 3)Think kids today are getting it to easy
    i remember when i used to get 50c pocket money, putting toys away on layby.
    I also remeber getting 5 bucks for pocket money at high school, it was a lot of money
    bring back 1 & 2 cents coins i say.
    the problem all started when we changed our $1/2 and 1/2c
    i remember when you could buy a big bag of lollies for 50c last u all weekend, not anymore

I hate going to buy stuff and seeing parents just give money to their kids. i had to work for my pocket money. i had chores, no chores no money

17. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Agreed!

18. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    Is that why my parents dont give me money :(

19. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Peter Mayhew has revealed himself as the special guest at Armaggedon 2002 in NZ, on the eps 2&3 spoilers allowed message board.

Hopefully I'll have the guts to actually go and get his autograph. With Jeremy Bulloch, I had to send my friend over. She said to him 'Hi, my friend was to embarrassed to meet you, so she sent me. That's her over there'. She nearly became my ex-friend. :D

20. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Aaarrrggghhh that was my big secret!!!!!!

We asked him if he would like to come to arme next year about 3-4 months ago and he was keen as a been. So we talked to the right people an voila :D

21. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    yeah can't wait for it

now the count down begins

22. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    as chewbacca would say in this situation,

OOOOAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! UMPH UMPH...

23. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I've got another secret!!!

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Can we play 20 questions?

25. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    you really are bored arent you?