main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HamptRds, VA Armor Build

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sithspawn_3, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithspawn_3

Sithspawn_3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 23, 2007
    It has been posed on the web forums, but I thought I would post here as well.

I have my TIE armor that needs going over and we know of 2 others that got Snowtrooper armor. Maybe it's time to plan an Armor Party and have another get together.

I would offer my place again, however I do NOT have a garage to work in. It would be outside brrrrrr.

Who's up for an Armor Party and who can host it??? I know I am up for it, just can't host it in the cold weather.

Sithspawn

2. Azuren_Zyblade

Azuren_Zyblade Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    we could always do it in the back of my bicycle shop.
    Jim the local armoror lives close by.

3. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    also you can set it up for any date you like. Even If i'm busy or somthing you can use the back.
    the shop is open from 10 - 7 mon - sat.

any other time afte hours I would of course have to be there.

4. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I'm in.

5. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Great. We need to make sure Jim can make it and set a date. There are somethings I still want to do to the TIE armor and my bucket will be started/prepped for painting this weekend after the party.

Jim, what date/time do you prefer?? Please advise.

6. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    We're definitely in! We can't do weekdays during the day because of work, but other than that and assorted birthday parties/weddings/etc, we're open ;).

7. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    I will talk to to Jim today and firm up a date. Hopefully next weekend, if not as soon as possible.

Can't wait to see your armor for the Snowtrooper. You will be able to see my TIE outfit that is still a "work in progress."

Sithspawn

8. wendynat

Jun 8, 2005
    We've got a wedding next Saturday, but Sunday's fairly open.

9. Jedi_Jim1674

Jedi_Jim1674 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2007
    I'll be in Pennsylvania Friday through Monday. As much as I want to be here for it I don't want you to not have it because of me. The following weekend would work for me.

10. wendynat

Jun 8, 2005
    The following weekend actaually works better for us, also... but it's up to the Tie Pilots ;)

11. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Feb. 24th, i'm booked up. Feb. 25th, I'm available for a few hours. My attendance is obviously uncritical seeing that i already have an imperial costume, but I would like to learn more about customizing TK armor, etc. I actually did some cutting with my tie ABS armor around the rib area to make it less wide. It's been auto-painted, so it looks and feels 110% better!

12. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    Yep the 24th is the big party day and meeting and all that jazz.

13. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Hopefully you are all booked up on the 24th with us Thumpy.

Is there a chance we can get togther on the 25th (Sunday) for a few hours??

Please post intentions for the 25th.

Sithspawn

14. wendynat

Jun 8, 2005
    25th works for me!

15. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    If you all do it on the 15th it will have to be after Church in the afternoon, if you are going to use the bicycle shop.

16. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    Was hoping to use the bike shop if that was ok Mike.

We can make it in the afternoon just let us know when is a good time for ya.

17. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    Jim, are you in on Feb. 25th? If so, you (since you're the 501st armorer), should post on the GT forum to see if any others would like to attend.

18. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    FYI - 'Armor Build party' is a 501st only type event. Let's try to "minimize" posts like this in the public FanForce forum. Stuff like this needs to be posted in the GT site, that way, all of GT knows what we'd like to do, and perhaps members of that costuming group can attend as well. Let's try to keep Rebellion FanForce issues separate from 501st issues.

19. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    OK we'll call it a FanForce chapter costuming event hahaha. Yeah if we do a BIG one we will definitely post on the 501st GT board. Since we are only talking about club members on this one, I thought I would post here to see if there are any other FanForce members that want to come and check out armor and what we do as a club within the FanForce.

Advertising baby.

20. wendynat

Jun 8, 2005
    It's easier for me if this sort of thing is posted here, also. I don't always get to check all forums each week - stupid work, limiting my internet time ;).

21. Azuren_Zyblade

Jan 24, 2007
    sounds good wendynat,

we can always post it here and on the 501st boards if we do a 501st build.

22. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    We will talk more about this on Sat during the meeting. We can come up with a "hard" date for next month or what not.

I think maybe we can get together on Sun for a little bit. Again, we will discuss this more on Sat.

23. Thumpy

May 3, 2005
    If all else fails...there'll be an armor build party next month in NOVA I believe on the March 24th at Misty's house. All (members, prospects, non-members such as significant others) are invited. Check the GT boards for details!

24. Jedi_Jim1674

Jedi_Jim1674 Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2007
    Wow, we have generated alot of interest in this armor build. This is great. The third of March works for me because I'm already off. The 17th is also a possibility. Obviously we all want this to happen as soon as possible so lets set a definate date at the meeting Saturday and I'll post it on the GT website. The post will be Hampton Roads Armor Build. This is gonna be alot of fun.

25. Sithspawn_3

Jan 23, 2007
    The posting for the Armor Build is on the GT website. Thanks for heading this up Jim.

See you all there!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.