main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Armor for a FanFilm....

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DaiAtlas, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaiAtlas

DaiAtlas Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Hello,

I'm planning a fanfilm and one of the evil characters is supposed to wear some kind of battle armor. Does anyone know of anything that could be painted black and used as armor? I was considering the chestplates that BMX bikers wear. Also, does anyone know of any helmets that could be repainted and would look semi-exotic/evil?

Thank you,
    Dai Atlas

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    You could make your own armor out of black sintra, that would save you having to paint it. Not sure if that's quite the look you're going for though...just a thought.

3. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    You could always go for the 'adventures in vacuum forming' route and make your own armor entirely. Though, that gets quite expensive quite fast. There are alternate routes to take. Sintra, foam rubber (which is suprising sometimes), etc.

Anyhoo...

-Matt

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Don't forget about Sports equipment, words great!

5. Soupsc111

Soupsc111 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2003
    If you need a helmet then I would definately go for a paintball helmet. It might need a little customization (lenses replaced, new paint job) but maybe you'll find one that looks good as is. Good Luck on you fanfilm!!!

6. DyeJedi

DyeJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2003
    No no no no no no no no no paintball stuff unless it's modded to the point where people (me) can't recognize it as a paintball *mask* (they aren't helmets, they cover the face and sides of your head, nothing else) I can't stand seeing paintball stuff in films because I know exactly what it is. It ceases to be a blaster and becomes a company x peice of junk I may have a prejudice againts from playing the sport. But if you change it enough that I can't tell what it is, supar.

7. krillindb

krillindb Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    I must agree with dyejedi. I hate seeing paintball stuff in fanfilms. A fanfilm not only needs a good story but it also needs good costumes and props to get the story across. just my 2 cents.

8. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I would deffinatly go with the sintra! Its what I used for my fett costume.

[image=http://www.mattrinck.com/uploaded/oustidefett.JPG]

9. krillindb

krillindb Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2002
    [Yoda Voice]To jediknight88 you listen.[/Yoda Voice]

I used Sintra for my custom mandalorian costume. Great stuff, in fact we are using some for armor for my school's play. Also FYI, Sintra is a brand name. It is actually high density expanded pvc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.