main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Armor: Phase II or Stormtrooper

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by A'den Skirata, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Which is Superior?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2023.
  1. Phase II

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Stormtrooper

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Neither

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Does anyone else think that the Stormtrooper armor is a downgrade from Phase 2? It seems as if its hard to move and See in a Stromtrooper Uniform:
    [​IMG]

How can he move in that?

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It doesn't look all that difficult, really - there's lots of joints and stuff.

The Phase II clone trooper armor looks a little cooler, but overall I prefer the more anonymous look of the OT stormtroopers.

3. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Strormtrooper is the classic, and works greater as the embodiment of a cold faceless empire. McQuarrie deserves much, much respect for the original design. BUT-

Phase 2 is cooler in just about every way. The more vertical helmets look incredibly badass, the use of accent colors makes it more exciting visually, and by ROTS, the cgi had progressed to the point where not only did the armor not look fake, but it actually looked like it was made of higher quality materials than the obviously plastic materials of the OT storm troopers.

4. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Phase II is better, but I always assumed this was on purpose - Stormtroopers are expendable, and thus they get cheap armor.

rumsmuggler and Thoix Heoro like this.
  5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    This.

Phase II armor was a symbol of the clones individuality, while the Stormtroopers armor contrast that.

6. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I don't know. This is a hard question to answer. I've always liked the Phase I Clone Trooper amour. It's easily one of my favorites, but then again I could consider the two others favorites too.

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I don't like the Phase I clone trooper armor very much at all. It just looks like Boba Fett's helmet on stormtrooper armor - which does make sense, but is still much less visually distinct then the Phase II design.

8. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/TK1068/day26-49.jpg

My favorite helmet personally is AOTC clone troopers. Always liked the stormtroopers regatdless.And the ROTS clones look neat to bc the war has been going on for awhile now and the clones start putting there own personal touch on the armor they wear. But again my favorite out of all of them would be the ARC troopers love them to death, also forgot to add that i like the blaster reflective blaster bolt skirts they wear.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Phase I is my favorite, it looks the most uniform (CGI uniformity of the soldiers was actually great) and the most mechanical, like you know, clones.

I hate the variety of Phase II, totally defeats the purpose imo.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    So is mine. Phase 2 is the less original (and my least favorite), since it's a mix of Phase I and Stormtrooper armor.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Interesting. Being a mix of Phase I and Stormtrooper is actually what makes me prefer Phase II over Phase I. That and that it looks a lot more badass than Phase I, which is probably also intentional given Order 66 and the coming Empire. As far as the helmets themselves, I really like that all of them represent logical, evolutionary design steps between Jango's Mandalorian helmet and the OT Stormtrooper helmets. Between Phase II and Stormtrooper is kind of a tie for me, they both have pluses. I do agree with others that the more anonymous and more cost effective look of the Stormtroopers totally reflects the Empire's view of them.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Phase II is awesome

13. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Phase II armor with a modified phase I helmet.

14. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Moving to SWC.

15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    As armour, I think Phase II does more to protect its wearer than stormtrooper armour, although the latter looks better.

Phase I was rubbish; they couldn't even sit down comfortably in the stuff.

rumsmuggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.