main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Armor?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthbarracuda, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    What's the point of armor if a single blaster bolt and penetrate it and kill you?

And why are the clones' and stormtroopers' armor completely white? Not very good a camouflage...

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Maybe...taking a blaster hit is less lethal if you're wearing stormtrooper armor?

3. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Camouflage was great on Hoth, no?

You can also die or get injured if you use a bulletproof west, but it does not hurt your chances to wear one.

4. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    I think most body armor used by militaries in real life are more for protection from shrapnel and smaller rounds than actually stopping rifle rounds, though it can give you a fighting chance with those.

I'd imagine it's the same situation with Star Wars weapons. If someone tries to produce armor that can reliably stop blasters someone will just bring out bigger guns anyway.

darthbarracuda likes this.
  5. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Probably resists fire from slugthrowers well enough.

The clone troopers on Kashyyyk had camouflage, but I guess the Empire thought white would be scarier.

6. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    Paint costs money

7. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    According to the EU, it is pretty effective. It's been referenced in several books about how you had to aim and hit a vulnerable point in the armor in order to take the target out. I think they show a blaster bolt to the chest killing someone in the movies because it's much more visible.

8. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    During the battle of Kashyyyk clones rocked Camo armor in combat. Watch Revenge of the Sith or read any Starwars: Republic graphic novels set during that battle or in any other jungle-like system.
    I do find it funny though that in the Clone Wars CGI animated series the clones end up wearing specialized camo armor for that particular desert/dune environment. Why didn't the republic think of that during the first battle of Geonosis, surely they didn't think they wouldn't be fighting in that sorta terrain now did they? I understand the GAR was just discovered shortly before Clone Wars broke out throughout the Galaxy and whatnot, but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.