main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Army of One Man? (2009 Dear Diary Challenge - Final Update 12/31/09)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corellian_Ale, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, I see know you have your mind now, seeing how you completely missed the 'i' in 'thiong'.:p
    weekly updates? Lovely.:D

Maybe it was a reward to go with that gray pudding they bestowed upon us at chowtime.

Ew. I hope it was just disgusting and not containing anything dangerous, too.[face_worried]

paranoid commanders?

More paranoid than you, Gal? o_O
    And I claim complete nescience about Mij's whereabouts. O:)
    good thing you update more often now. I can't wait to see how this will go on.:D

2. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great. Now Mij disappears. Just when he was getting to some meaty answers. :(

3. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Takianna: :D why thank you!

MsL: I think by now we can all agree that Gal is not paranoid... :p

BigE: When will Gal get the answers he's looking for???

[b]Entry 26:[/b]
    [i]
    1,080 days after the Battle of Geonosis/ day 1 of the Battle of Coruscant[/i]

WAR!

Grevious is attacking Coruscant. The navy that?s been in reserve here on Kamino, has been deployed to crush the Separatists. Was that the whole plan for this army all along? And why is this division of military forces calling themselves Imperial?

But are those questions I need to ask? I?m a grunt. I have a job to do, what I?ve trained these new men to do. They?re stuffing us onto newer versions of the Republic?s capital ships, and plan on dropping us to the surface to help the currently stationed Coruscant clones fight the tinnies that have landed on the surface.

I can?t help but feel the old fears, but now, there?s a thrill? I?m back to doing what I do best, for better or for worse. As long as I do as I?ve been trained to do, I can worry about contacting Mij later. It?s much harder to control my movements once I?m out of this contained environment and deployed.

In the meantime, I?m a soldier. I don?t know who?s in charge now, but I was bred as a soldier of the Republic. Bred to fight for those who can?t, to defeat those who should be, and to die if necessary. It?s all I want to do, because I know nothing else. I know it?s the adrenaline, but I feel so alive.

I know these men won?t understand, so I shut off my helmet?s comm unit and sing Vode An loudly. I sing for this army of one man.

4. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "But are those questions I need to ask? I?m a grunt. I have a job to do..."

Yes, they are the questions that need to be asked, but unfortunately yes, you're trained to do a job, not ask questions.

Not that you could do much if you had asked those questions and someone were to answer you. What would you do? You're indeed a grunt. Go and fight the enemy. Imperial or Republic - it's all the same.

Good stuff, Ale. Keep it up!

5. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    They wouldn't understand would they? I can't wait to see how this all works out.

6. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    And why is this division of military forces calling themselves Imperial?

How big's the chance that they know I'm an Imperial girl and they try to please me? [face_batting]
    I wonder if he gets Mij on th comm, and what will happen then.
    I'd say 'yay for battles' but with the end of Decemeber drawing near, I fear for Gal.[face_worried]

I know these men won?t understand, so I shut off my helmet?s comm unit and sing Vode An loudly. I sing for this army of one man.

Now that made me cry.:_|
    Army of one man indeed.

7. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    BigE: Exactly! Thanks for reading!

Takianna: The end is near! ;)

MsLanna: Crying? There's no way you could know how this will end!!! [face_whistling]

[b]Entry 27:[/b]

[i]1,083 days after the Battle of Geonosis/ day 3 of the Battle of Coruscant[/i]

We run through the streets of Coruscant like mad dogs. Devil-Dog, Sludge, and Half-Dozen are all dead, but we trudge on. We?ve been joined up with another squad trying to clear the area south of the Command Bunker Omega, fighting super battle droids who apparently think that taking out that command bunker will stop the clone army as easily as destroying a droid control ship.

What these mindless SBDs don?t know is that we?re the best of the best of the finest clone army ever created. I can believe nothing else, and they?ll believe it to, right down to their micro-processor hearts. It?s just Lokki, Joker and I left from our original squad.

Ha! Irony! The two named for tricksters, and me ? the biggest trickster of us all. They all think I?m one of them. I can?t dwell on it too long as we break down the doors to a general store, hiding to ambush a couple of spider droids looking to break a hole in our defenses.

I can hear the distant clanking on the artificial streets, so I turn to the men, ?Time to go to work boys!?

I can?t help but smile as I start issuing orders. I'm back doing what I was born to do.

*RECORDING STOPPED ? JOURNAL MARKER ACTIVATED*

8. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    OH! OH! I love this. I know that my clones are smiling everytime they get to blow something up! Such a good feeling to be back at work!

9. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh, great, Ale, now you got me really worried.[face_worried]
    Run, Gal, run!:_|

Devil-Dog, Sludge, and Half-Dozen are all dead, but we trudge on.
    what? Dead clones? No!:_|

Ha! Irony! The two named for tricksters, and me ? the biggest trickster of us all. They all think I?m one of them.

I am still wondering if there's a plan within a plan waiting to go boom on Gal.[face_thinking]

*RECORDING STOPPED ? JOURNAL MARKER ACTIVATED*

[face_worried]

[face_worried]
    Don't do aynthing lethatl to him, Ale. [face_shame_on_you] I know where you live... :p

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sorry I've missed the last several posts [face_blush] But they were AWESOME - I loved all the new stuff, especially the His Majesty's Empire. This is getting very creepy.

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can?t help but smile as I start issuing orders. I'm back doing what I was born to do.

Wonderful updates! =D=

12. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    :D
    Your story hooked me instantly, very gripping from what I've read. I'd like to be on your PM list.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    In the meantime, I?m a soldier. I don?t know who?s in charge now, but I was bred as a soldier of the Republic. Bred to fight for those who can?t, to defeat those who should be, and to die if necessary. It?s all I want to do, because I know nothing else. I know it?s the adrenaline, but I feel so alive.

Very moving. Loved it. =D=

14. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Geez, it's been a whole year already? Thanks to everyone that stuck it through, or joined in later and are still reading!!!
    [:D]

I lost all my files on this story and had to "jimmy" up the ending from what I could recal from what I had intended. Thank-you all and Happy New Year!!!!

[b]Entry 28:[/b]

[i]1,086 days after the Battle of Geonosis[/i]

*** JOURNAL MARKED RE-ACTIVATED***

The tinnies, or clankers as some of the clones around here refer to them, have run back to the Outer-Rim thanks to Generals Skywalker and Kenobi. Rumors are trickling down that Skywalker killed their leader Dooku and that Kenobi is on his way to finish the job on Greivious. One would think that would surely end the war, because I don?t see this droid army holding the line under the directions of bankers and engineers that make up the Separatist Council.
    The war will be over, and I?m not sure what to think about it. Joker and Lokki are still alive, but I still don?t consider them my brothers. I?m recording this on a personal channel in my helmet ? I?m going to have to purge all this data to somewhere else?
    Senior staff wants to update our equipment after we return from patrol. We?re currently scavenging for droid units that have reportedly gone autonomous since Grevious control ships left orbit.
    I think I need to talk to someone about the whole ?His Majesty?s Empire? nonsense I heard before?

[b]Entry 29:[/b]
    Grevious is dead!!!!

The word has just come down through the ranks and is now broadcasting across the tri-dee billboards across Coruscant. Oddly enough, no mention of Kenobi in the reports. I hope the general is alright, I heard he was one of the better Jedi to deal with. Not that I?ve met many.

We were scheduled to report back to the barracks almost two hours ago, despite the news, command seems to be on edge about something. I don?t know how to feel about what I know about this second clone army. Obviously these boys were the killing blow, but they seem too quick to obey orders, especially those that don?t make sense.
    Lokki and Joker are pressing me to return to the barracks. They?re hungry, and tired and I don?t blame them. But my gut is telling me to go back until I have things sorted is a mistake?

[b]Entry 30:[/b]

Frackin? Order 66!!!!

I had submitted to our fatigue and was en route back to base, but then a coded message from Palpatine?s office cut that trip right short. My boys are tired and in no shape to go hunting Jedi, but orders are orders as we make our way via public transport to the Temple District.

Order 66, among about a hundred others were contingency orders in place in case the unbelievable happened. But the Jedi just one the war riding rivers of clone blood, why suddenly try to overthrow the Chancellor and the Senate?
    It?s clear to me now? His Majesty?s Empire. Somewhere along the line of being granted emergency powers, Palpatine became greedy and maniacal. He created this second army not only to defeat the Separatists, but also the Jedi who could stop his claim to power. How convenient Order 66 has become. I dare not mention this to Joker or Lokki.
    ***JOURNAL MARKER ACTIVATED ***

*** JOURNAL MARKER RE-ACTIVATED ***

[i]4 days later[/i]

I don?t know what came over me.

Public transport had stopped quite some distance from the Jedi Temple as Marshall Law has been declared on all activities surrounding the temple. We?ve been given orders to stay onboard the mono-rail transport, and deny any possible route of escape for Jedi that have been seen escaping the Temple.

Some older female Jedi came dashing to the next car, two children in one arm, and a lightsaber waving in the other. Joker blasted her in the chest. Lokki turned his rifle on the kids. I told ordered him to hold fire, he took aim. I ordered him again to hold fire and he repeated Order 66 verbatim to me. Joker turned his rifle towards the children and my heart started panicking.

I didn?t even think.

The adrenaline took over as I shot them both, Lokki in

15. Takianna

Apr 22, 2005
    OMG!!!! Speechless. This is AWESOME! Kal, so glad you brought him in. I LOVED THIS! You are a master. =D=

16. CT-770492A3

CT-770492A3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2009
    :eek:[face_frustrated][face_thinking]
    Kandosii finish.
    =D=

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh wow. Oh wow wow wow. What and ending!! Especially the last nice. Absolutely amazing!!

18. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    But, but, but -
    Ach, clones dying all over the place, I hate this war.
    Poor Gal, and he was SO close!:_|

And I hope you meant that as an open ending and I would hear from Gal and his kids again.
    Mesa sad. :(

But what an end.
    He shot his own men.:eek:
    But saved the kids, though not on the long run.

Great Diary and great end!
    =D=[:D]=D=

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Mij turned off the recording and sighed as he looked across the modest kitchen at Kal. He expected the older dodger to admonish him about having not mentioned anything about Gal sooner, but Kal wouldn?t. They both knew deep down they couldn?t save them all, no matter how badly they wanted to. Niner had passed on the journal to Mereel at some point, and the two old men had listened to it undisturbed for several hours now. All Niner had said was that it was retrieved from a patrol that had located a deserter aiding to Jedi younglings. He left the results unsaid.

A great ending to a superb journal. You always amaze me (in a good way, just thought I'd make sure you knew that!) :p

=D=

20. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    That was awesome, Ale.

The uncertain yet hinted dire ending was a nice touch.

21. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Several months later. [face_blush]

Sorry I disappeared from the face of the boards. Awesome finish to the story. Especially the ending with Mij listening to the diary.

=D==D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.