main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Around the Boards, 12/10/08

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Master_Keralys, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    12/10 Around the Boards

Two code changes went live last week, one of them from IGN's end and one from ours. Observers indicated a number of issues with the launch, but administrators on scene at the time of the event seemed to have things well in hand, and errors were being addressed in resolved in short order. General giddiness on the part of the population ensued, and was quickly put down by the selfsame administrators, who cited "excessive joy at change" in their decision.

Literature has discussions for The Clone Wars: Wild Space and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor ongoing. Moderators are keeping a close eye on things to prevent the outbreak of any holiday cheer; bansticks are handy in case of such an event. We see the launch of The Clone Wars ongoing, pt. 3 this week; again, staff are on hand in case overwhelming positive sentiment breaks out.

Comms has discussions of both of the code updates ongoing, as well as a hopefully productive discussion on suggestions to improve the JC and a discussion on improving various aspects of Lit. In these cases, no catastrophic outbreaks of happiness are anticipated.

Forum Feud is returning for a Holiday Special. And, we all know how well Holiday Specials turn out. So, stop by and see the champions of Forum Feud, THE RICHARDSONS, take on a special team of Forum Feud All-Stars. The administrators refused any comment on their expectations as to the likeliness of the event to produce any dangerous outbursts of happiness, apparently feeling the historical record speaks for itself on the matter.

The RPF is having its Third Annual Winter Ball in the RPR. If you wish to enjoy some holiday themed RPing, come on by! [Editor's note: the announcement states "enjoy," and while the administration is not inherently opposed to enjoyment, it will have a close eye on proceedings, as dancing is known to produce effusive and affirmative emotions, which will not be tolerated.]

Come vote for your favorite TV show in C&G. Please remember as you do so that excessive displays of excitement, including raised heartrates, will see you subject to possible punitive measures.

JediDajuan is running a custom Star Wars Miniatures Scenario contest on the main page: Most of the pertinent information can be found in the article but the highlights are:
    • Ends 1/10/09
    • Must be over 18 to enter
    • Prizes for the top 3 scenario creators
    Remember that competition is encouraged, but celebration of victory is not. Armed moderators will patrol the boards on the days following the 10th of January to ensure cooperation with maximum happiness standards.

Non Star Wars Fan Fic is hosting the X-Mas X-Over challenge, where one of the fandoms has to be a holiday fandom. Anyone is welcome to participate. [Editor's note: "holiday" should not in any way be taken to be an endorsement of the enjoyment of the season; rather, it should be understood in a purely commemorative sense. As always, consult your Emotive Guides for maximal sentiment barriers. Surveillance will remain high until the conclusion of the season.]

That is all.

2. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    [face_dancing]

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Huzzah, I say, huzzah! Great to hear.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    BTW, if you're interested in participating in the All-Star team, send me, Gimer, or Jag4Me a PM, as we're working to get the team together.

5. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Also please note as this is a Festive edition, that all prizes will be donated to a charity chosen by the winning team.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm excited to see the Forum Feud will be returning.

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Now I'm off to check the Emotive Guides to make sure I'm not "too excited"

7. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    ASAP of course...

8. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Hooray Forum Feud! I eagerly anticipate more Tunick pissing and moaning. [face_dancing]

9. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Calm down, there, Coruscant. You're starting to look... happy. [face_not_talking] [face_mischief]

10. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    Note that teamS are complete.
    See here for more details!!!

11. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

UGH, BOO. Bad idea.

12. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    Note that there are members of multiple forums on each team, so when one wins, LOTS of forums will get defaced! [face_devil]

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    What great insight. I'd never thought of it that way before. Thanks for bringing these new details to my attention.

Sorry, guys, but this argument is too persuasive. I'm canceling the Holiday Special of Forum Feud.

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I do not care.

15. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    He's speaking in Halloween speak. He hates Christmas.
    To monsters and ghosts and things, UGH, BOO. Bad idea. are all GOOD things, so when you translate that into normal people speak, it is:
    "YAY! Hooray! Best idea ever!"

16. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    So when we are hurting for users and things to do for registered users to keep them around...its a game for only chosen people. Great idea!

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Just when I thought the holidays couldn't get worse around here, it did.

18. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Certainly late entries, but....

Classic Trilogy
    The Classic Trilogy Scene Rewrite Contest has returned with an all new challenge, this first one being to write the scene where Han, Leia and Chewie have the reception on Cloud City with Darth Vader. The premise of the game, for those who don't know, is to rewrite existing scenes or write brand new scenes for the Classic Trilogy era based on the challenge given by the host (who, for now, is yours truly). Specific guidelines can be found in the aforementioned thread.

....and....

Fan Sites
    Based on a suggestion given by drth_nemesis, who, unfortunately, is now pretty inactive, I am working on a Fan Sites game with a Fan Sites board user that we hope will generate some interest in the board and bring in new people. Essentially, the game is a creation challenge, and specific details will be coming soon. Hopefully they will be sometime this week, as the would-be-host is currently on a vacation until tomorrow (if I remember correctly).

19. FIVE-GIMER_RINGS

FIVE-GIMER_RINGS Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 2002
    The Forum Feud game has started HERE:
    http://boards.theforce.net/forum_feud/b10810/29585881/p1/?26

As far as I know, Flare, we included EVERYONE who asked to be included in the game.

20. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

sweet!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.