main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Around the Boards for July 9, 2008

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Rogue...Jedi, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Around the Boards Update for July 9

ForumFeud

The Forum Feud game is about to get underway! 19 teams have signed up, representing 13 different forums. See this thread for details, including who each team will face first!

FanFiction

The 2008 Fan Fiction Awards are in full swing! Saga is now accepting votes. You can read excerpts from the nominees here. Before the Saga and Beyond the Saga have their final list of nominees, which can be seen here (Before) and here (Beyond).

Star Wars Community

SWC is walking down memory lane as we celebrate the JC's tenth anniversary. We want to know your story ... what brought you to the JC, what kept you at the JC, and specifically what you have loved and enjoyed participating in at SWC.

Prequel Trilogy

General Kenobi just posted the new JC Top 100 Scenes of the Prequel Trilogy thread over in PT. We hope everyone will head over there and send in your lists!

The Countdown we did in CT was great fun!

Census & Games

C&G is having a Decision Poll to decide what our next tournament will be. It ends Saturday, so if you have an opinion, come vote!

In addition, Mafia is in the sign-ups stage with a new rule: NO GAMEBANS.

The Arena

The Arena's American Football Favorite Player Tournament continues, go here to cast your vote for your favorite player. We're almost down to the quarterfinals, with only big names remaining!

We're also getting ready for the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Or, give your thoughts on the incredible final at Wimbledon.

Fan Sites

Riding the coattails of the recent TF.N 10th Anniversary Celebrations, a discussion has started about the progression of web design over the years and it can be found here. I used past designs from the last ten years of TF.N that can be accessed through the Internet Wayback Machine as a jumping off point. It'd be really great to see a lot of discussion there, especially from those that were there back in the day, so I invite everyone to come on over and join the discussion!

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Good update. =D=

3. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I encourage everyone to head over to PT to join in the top 100 scenes countdown!

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I've put my list in. :D

5. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Nice update. I will probably be heading to SWC here shortly. :)

6. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    This forum Feud game looks like it's going to be good! Nice update, Rogue...Jedi!

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Forum Feud could be very interesting!

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    In addition, Mafia is in the sign-ups stage with a new rule: NO GAMEBANS.

9. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Just to add in my two cents here:

Fan Sites:
    Riding the coattails of the recent TF.N 10th Anniversary Celebrations, a discussion has started about the progression of web design over the years and it can be found here. I used past designs from the last ten years of TF.N that can be accessed through the Internet Wayback Machine as a jumping off point. It'd be really great to see a lot of discussion there, especially from those that were there back in the day, so I invite everyone to come on over and join the discussion!

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    There are still a few open spots in Classic Trilogy Trivia, before the First Question goes up on Tuesday!

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    JC's Top 100 Animated Films is now accepting nominations. See the threads in Amph and JCC. [face_peace]

12. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Beyond the Saga is also now accepting fanfic award votes.:p

14. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    The boards are overflowing with democracy. [face_flag]

Thread Status: