main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MS Update Around the Boards - May 14, 2008 (5.16.08 addition)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JadeSolo, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The Completely Liability-Free ATB for 5.14.08

EUC

2. The 12th Starfighter Draft has hit the playoffs. Come on by to see some hotshot pilots! Judging is based on a "reasonable person in the position of a pilot" standard.

3. The Knight Tournament in full swing so stop on by if you want to see some force duel action. EUC mods assume no responsibility for any injuries sustained by the participants.

4. RPF

5. In administrative news, our newly designed, user friendly Guide to Star Wars Roleplaying piece is up. If you've wanted to get into Roleplaying but don't know where to start, this is the place for you! Subject to terms and conditions set forth heretofore in Paragraph 3, Subsection A, Line 26. RPF mods do not guarantee that you will kick ass at roleplaying if you read the Guide. User assumes all risks.

6. As for fun and games: Star Wars: Episode VI - As Father and Son is an RP making use of a classic premise: what would the last installment of the saga be like if Luke joined his father on Bespin? Play as your favorite canon movie character, a canon EU character, or use your own OC. Join us. It is your destiny. Arguably, it is also an unenforceable contract, given the unequal bargaining powers between the all-mighty mods compelling the users to participate, and the helpless users who fear they have no other choice but to comply with the "request." Or I have no idea what I'm talking about. That's entirely possible as well.

7. SW TV

8. The CW trailer and poster is out on starwars.com - and in hi-def, no less! If you're a nerd (and you know you are), celebrate the awesomeness here.

9. Have you hugged your software license agreement today? When you do, don't be stingy with your affections - choice of law provisions need extra love.

10. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Very short, but awesome update. I am glad to see that those activities are getting mentioned. :)

I can personally vouch for the Star Wars: Episode VI - As Father and Son RPG...very interesting. :D

11. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Thanks for the update!

12. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    QFT.

Yes, short, sweet, and to the point. Very nice.

13. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    If I want to submit something for the next ATB post, to whom do I send the PM?

14. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I think you can send it to pretty much any staff member and they'll give it to whoever is putting together the Around the Boards for that week.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd say preferably, send it to a mod in the forum that it pertains to.

16. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    This thread typically lists who's doing which ATB, but I'd go with Inty's suggestion most of the time.

17. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.