main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Around The Horn Fantasy League (almost time for a new game)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Darthsuperbatpooh, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, but showdown doesn't net many points (virtually never more than 3, whereas those who don't make showdown may still have scores very close to those who win. Making the first cut is rewarded by significant points in the next round, but not so much in showdown.

2. JMJacenSolo

JMJacenSolo Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2006
    -10 points for a no-show? That's pretty harsh. With point values so high even for a first cut player(15-20 points usually), It wouldn't be very beneficial for anyone to try and work the system by putting down someone like MacMullan everyday.

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    how is -10 easy to make up?

if you pick JA on monday and tuesday then cowlishaw on wednesday and neither of them end up on their days, you're automatically at -30 after three days...

4. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    then you'll be EF :p

just kidding...maybe -5 points would work better

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think if you're going to use actual scores from the show, then no penalty is needed for picking someone who isn't on.

Imagine the following (very possible) show happening:

Mariotti 30 points
    Page 28 points
    Smith 25 points
    Cowlishaw 20 points

If you picked one of them, regardless of bonuses for winning or anything of the sort, if I picked a player who wasn't on that day, I'm 20 points behind for the day. In the face of having any player on the show giving you a minimum of 20 points, I'd say that taking a zero is a big enough penalty.

6. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    i was thinking more in terms if someone was 20-30pts ahead going into the final week

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    upping for the start of a new game, and for DSBP to announce any rules changes for this edition.

8. JMJacenSolo

May 21, 2006
    Cool. I'd prefer we stay with the original system rather than use actual point totals, but whatever DSBP wants to do.

9. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    if everyone like the og way...i have no problems with it...but if we go with the acctual points frome the game...i was thinking everyone would get bonus points for everytime "Michael Jeffrey Jordan" is mentioned...lol

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Maybe take the original, but increase the amounts for wins and the such. That way you eliminate the "perk" of picking people who aren't often on the show and hence a zero can hurt more?

11. Boomer_Athena

Boomer_Athena Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    If we did, we should make the games shorter, because it's more likely that someone could take a lead and run way past the other players.

12. JMJacenSolo

May 21, 2006
    I call dibs on "Look at the schedule!" ;)

13. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    new game

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=26722939&brd=10777

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.