around town invite thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darth_Tofu, Apr 15, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    ok will be there around 10...need to get some cleaning done around here!! ;)
  2. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
  3. jthornto Force Ghost

star 4
    It was very cool. Kim, Melody, and Jason joined us a sifting-through-other-peoples-crap-fest.

We got a canteen, 100 sponges, a gun holster (no gun included), fruit and veggies, Topo Chico, and queso fresco.

Good times were had by all. Too bad y'all couldn't make it. It was a bit hot, but not terribly.

4. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i got some gloves for bombstrike! only twooooo dolllllarss..........hehe
  5. Darth_Tofu Force Ghost

star 4
    anyone going to nine inch nails on tuesday?
  6. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    NO, I here it's a good show. I want to go to Lacuna Coil on 9/22.
  7. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    So...the Museum of Nature and Science has a free day on Sunday, January 11th. NOW i know with play-offs and all that could be a MUTE point, however I thought this could be a fun and most importantly FREE thing for us to do.
  8. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had no clue they even did a free day. I would be VERY interested.
  9. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    i went last year...it was not crowded AT all. :)
  10. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    It's on the ballet every so often, your taxes pays for free Zoo days, Art galleries the first Friday of the month (we should go some time....???) and all other large museum thingies.

so our tax dollars makes this possible.

I would be up for it 1/11/09??? Most of us have Tivo, so I see no problem.

I want to go to the Free Art Museum walk sometime soon too.
  11. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    is that the museum right by the zoo?
  12. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I will go to the art museum. Love that place!
  13. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes.

Art Museum free every first saturday of the month. ;) and i am FOR sure game for that as well.
  14. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

The Art Walk is First Fridays on Sante Fe. Near me...ooh near the Rio! man i haven't been in awhile!
  15. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Yes, are you going to be living up here by then?
  16. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    http://www.guidespot.com/guides/denvers_free_days

Here's a 2008 & 2009 schedule for free days to many places. We should try to make meetings around these days.....
  17. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! Thanks for the link! :)
  18. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6

:)YOU are so smart! I was going to suggest that for the Januaray meeting, but I didn't want to suggest it with the 2nd weekend thing.
  19. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    To arrange meetings around these free days we would have to change our weekend, not sure if we are willing to do that. I'm trained to not plan things on the 3rd weekend!

This is the Art Walk I was talking about.

http://www.denver.org/events/detail?e=3870&t=visual_art

Here's another link of free things to do. Not very user friendly, but lots of good stuff in there if you can find it.
    http://www.colorado-for-free.com/
  20. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
    Did we decide about doing this for the January meeting? Or do we just want to get some of us to go? I am game as long at the AFC Divisional Round game isn't on...i think that is the first week for the Titans to play. Maybe the Broncos!!! :)
  21. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    We didn't talk about the next meeting but the 11th is the 2nd weekend, so we will just do it outside of a meeting weekend.

I don't want to change any rules & then split :p

22. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    the punisher is playing at the cinema grill starting tomorrow. looks like one showtime per day 9:00pm

cinema grill
    http://www.cinemagrill.com/cgcontenido/showtimes.htm

elvis
    http://affiliate.zap2it.com/movies/mvtheaterdet.do?theaterId=4869
  23. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, man. Lacuna Coil was on tour and I missed it...? :(

Hey! They've got a new CD out! Anyone checked it out yet?
  24. FanForced Force Ghost

star 4
    Free Movies All Weekend!! man, that rocks. Just got this email from the Mile High Sci-Fi Guys...

Hey Bad Movie Lovers!

So, last week we sent out an email saying the first ten people to reply could get free movie passes to Cinebarre. Why? Because the economy sucks and we want people to check out our cool new home (Cinebarre, not Thornton). People were so into it that we're doing it again this weekend, but this time we're not limiting it to the first ten.

So...from Friday through Sunday night, all you have to do is go to the Cinebarre box office and say "I am a faithful and devoted follower of the Mile High Sci-Fi Cult" (or something along those lines) and they'll let you in free. Or, you can just say something disparaging about Thornton and they will probably let you in. You could also try "I have a gun" but while they would most likely let you in, you'd have to face a posse of Thornton's finest, so maybe just say the cult thing instead. My bad.

Free tickets = more money to spend on Dale's Pale Ale - Yeah boooooy!!!

See? See how cool the Cinebarre People are?! So enjoy and let us know what you think of the place.

And don't forget to start 2009 with MHSF's opening weekend at Cinebarre with JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME in TIME COP!!! 8:30pm both nights.

For directions and a listing of the films currently showing at Cinebarre go to www.cinebarre.com

Word.

Mile High Sci-Fi
    www.milehighscifi.com
    www.myspace.com/milehighscifi

See MHSF only at the coolest theater in the Milky Way:
    www.cinebarre.com
    (there is a cooler theater in Galaxy NGC-3745+ but they currently pose no threat)

MHSF's cool kick-@ sponsors: Dale's Pale Ale, The Onion, Comedy Works, Stranahan's Whiskey and Kevin our pot dealer.
  25. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    we have karmacode but that came out in 06. looks like they just released a live one from a show at wacken, which is the biggest metal festival in the world. im not much for live stuff but i will look into it.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby