main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

around town invite thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darth_Tofu, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002

If I were in town, I would definitely be down...I want to see all three of those movies.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Heard decent things about Valkyrie...but I've heard bad stuff about Defiance.

Gran Torino, I saw. And it's totally worth the time. But it's not for anyone with PC-sensitivities. [face_whistling]

3. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    does anyone want to go skiing or riding with me this friday? all skill levels welcome? pretty please? I'll let you use my buddy pass so it's cheaper? anyone? ANYONE????

I'm just lonely and i'm over going alone.

come play in the snow with me? anyone?

4. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    no one????

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    weekdays=work

6. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    /cries

i hate going by myself. i dont even know why i bought a pass this year i've barely gone at all and my knee keeps getting reinjured and i have no one to play with. this year sucks.

7. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    I'd go except my gear is 20 years old and have no ski boots anymore, I'm in horrible shape for the sport and well.. my daughter's daycare is having a valentine's party that day that I'm expected to attend... not to mention my hubby would be uber jealous he didn't get to go.

8. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Babies make surprisingly bad skiers. I wish I could :(

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah i can't ski to begin with...now i am coming up saturday, but you already know that. :p (if it isn't snowing)

10. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    We'll go when I get back in town, I promise. Last few days in February okay?

11. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    maybe? I don't think I have any full days off but i might have some half days off... i'll see what i can pull off.

12. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Comedy Works wants to fill sits Wednesday night for their recording of Last Comic Standing.

To help facilitate this, they've distributed to me 20 $5 ticket vouchers, which as I understand it, is a discount to usual admission.

For a place peddling the funny, though, they sure do have a lot of rules.

1. These vouchers must be exchanged between 6:45 pm and 7:30 pm for the 8:00 pm show. After 7:30 pm, your admission is no longer guaranteed. (Emphasis theirs)
    2. Seating is first-come, first-served. No exceptions.
    3. This voucher is valid on the scheduled night only (10 June 2009) and does not include beverages or gratuity.
    4. You must know the name of your party when exchanging the voucher. (Casantini)
    5. There is a two item minimum per person in the showroom, food or beverage.
    6. Everyone must be 21 years or older with valid IDs.
    7. This voucher is not for resale.

Comedy Works is located at 1226 15th Street, Larimer Square, Denver.

Anyone interested?

13. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    Sounds awesome! If DWDR is feeling better by then (he's sick) then I'll see if he's okay with me leaving him with the 2 kiddos. Trying to get the both of us there would mean getting a little-notice babysitter wanting to watch 2 infants--I'm not going to even try that.

14. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Anyone interested in this? So far, FF is a maybe.

I'm half-hearted about paying to do Comedy Works a favor and fill a seat, anyway.

15. FanForced

Jun 15, 2007
    darn it! I just got a text from DWRD that his plane is going to be coming in late. I'm not sure how late, it's not a commercial flight. Looks like it would be cutting it too close.

I really wanted to go. :-(

16. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Some other time, FF! No worries.

For anyone waffling, I won't be going.

17. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Amy and I will be heading to downtown Denver for the Denver Pridefest parade and event Sunday morning. The parade is from 9:30 to 11:00, the festival goes until 4.

We'll probably take some sort of mass transit down to Civic Center Park, and then walk along the parade route to find a spot to watch.

If anyone is interested in joining us, let me know.

Here's the event website http://www.denverpridefest.org

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    SINCE some of us don't have to work on Friday, we were throwing around the idea of going to Cinema Grille to see STAR TREK.

It is at 7....should be fun!

19. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I'd be down to go if we went to an earlier showing I know Shane doesnt work, but we would have get a babysitter. What if we did lunch instead? Like 11am or 1:40pm? Any thoughts?

20. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I think she meant to say Thurs. nite.

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Thursday nite! Sorry! What you cannot read my mind...GOD help the person that could. ;)

:)

22. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Gotcha! Well anyone interested in doing Friday daytime lunch instead? If not, thats ok too, I wont be mad.[face_not_talking] :p

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I have a lot to do on Friday during the DAY...:( i am sorry. i could that evening.

24. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Possibly. I'd have to check with the master calendar keeper. She might have something else planned, but I don't think so.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    *grumble* City of Denver is closed that day...so that cuts out one thing i was planning...so MAYBE on Friday.

But if there is interest in Thursday nite that would be fun as well. :)