main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arriving with the Dawn - Part the 6th Interlude I, What Obi really thinks about

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Knight_Hunter, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    AU Obi is 18
    This is the first story I've written in a long time, so please bear with any mistakes or inconsistencies, I refuse to read the JA books, so anything from that era is what ever I've picked up from around here.
    Feedback appreciated. And since my flight or fight instinct is kicking in... and is voting in the favor of fleeing:

without further ado,

Off the cuff, rough draft, and inspired by Calais Kenobi...

Disclaimer George Lucas owns them, I'm just playing with them.

The end is near. It has to be. I can't go on any longer. I just don't care. I don't even care enough to-

No!

I can't think that! Its too late though, I've already thought about it countless times. I just haven't admitted it to myself.

I want to die.

There, I said it.

Are you happy?

Now what?

I can't kill myself, I'm too weak. I don't want to feel the pain.

*What a coward! You can't even kill myself. *

I'm weak, I don't deserve to live. They all hate me. I know they do; I see it in their eyes, so cold, filled with hatred, loathing, or worse yet, envy. Why do they envy me? I may be smart, I may get good grades, but I sure as hell don't earn them. If only they knew the monsters that are ravaging within my soul.

Undying pity.

That's the worst they can feel for me. They stare at me...blue eyes, green, brown...all looking at me like I don't care, I don't deserve to exist.

They're right, I see that now. Everything makes perfect sense. Their eyes tell me that everyone would be better off without me, even my master's. He could have a padawan who deserved him, not some little cast-off like me. The padawan nobody wanted. Thats me. He deserves so much better than me. Someone more attuned to the living force...some one who can be everything he needs. His Chosen One...the legacy he will leave to the galaxy.

I've seen it, you know. I'm nothing to him. Soon he will cast me aside for some cute little kid, once he arouses from his drunken stupor; just because his precious living force tells him to. Hey, if it makes him happy, then who am I to complain?

I'm also rambling...

Where did I begin? Oh yeah, it doesn't matter what I want, does it?

I've told you my secret...no one cares. No one listens.

No one hears my cries, not even my master. I know he is still angry with me for the death of his beloved, and he's right. It was my fault. I cost him his wife; my best friend her master.

This could be my way of paying the debt I owe them. They will be happier without me. The galaxy will be better off without me. But, I've already been here... I need a new thought.

What will happen to my soul when I- NO- if I suicide. Suicide. Such a harsh medical term; it practically strips all the soul from it. It means nothing...the words don't...the action however...

*Suicide is cold, cold term. Come on Kenobi, say it, you want to kill yourself. Was that so hard?*

Why can't I say it out loud?

*You thought it, why couldn't you say it?*

Am I so afraid that someone will here me and do nothing- or worse, try to stop me? Master would never stop me...he can't hear me anyways...he's out cold in the bathroom. He and his new Padawan, Jack Daniels are getting along great. What the council doesn't know, won't hurt them.

*No one else is around to hear you... and yet once again, you've rambled off topic. Come on Kenobi, get it together...your such a dumbass...*

Will I become one with the force? Will I be cast in to the fiery pits of hell? I hope neither...all I want is to rest, cease to exist forever more. Sleep eternally...

Yeah right, like I'll ever deserve that reward.

*Come on, Kenobi, there is only one way to find out*

*Dawn is coming soon. Fitting, don't you think. They always said that in the old days, the traitors died at dawn. You betrayed your master...You will die at dawn, too.*

NO! I will not die. I can't keep thinking it. I will not! I am the only one

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :_| :_|

*kills Qui-Gon*

:(

That was fantastic. Very sad, with good emotions . . . :(

Great job! :D

3. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Great Job JKH! I hope that more is in the works? [face_hopeful]

4. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Gasp. Wow! That was excellent Hunter!

I must be such a sadist but I really loved reading that! ;)

5. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    You know what? I really, really liked this. But I don't know why. Maybe cause it makes Obi-Wan seem more human. I hope it's not the end I want to see qui-Gon's reaction. You did a really great job and what makes it perfect is that I have Creed's Weathered Album playing in the backgrouns and that album just screams angst!

6. jedi_nayru

jedi_nayru Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    That was amazing and very nicely written.

Good job!

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Yikes, what a start!

Forgive my ignorance... who's Bant?

8. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Wow... I'm speechless, but I'm going to talk anyways.

You made it so real. The feelings of despair we all feel at one point in our lives. But Obi had no one to help himh through it. It hurts to think about it!

Absolutely wonderful. I hope there's more to this...

~*Nikita*~

9. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    WOW! This is really great so far, Jedi_Knight_Hunter!!!! :D I'm glad you began this, it's dark and angsty and different! Now, you better post soon... [face_love]

10. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Wow, great job, JKH. :eek:

Much angst, I loved it! :D

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks everyone for commenting. I do have another part written...but its not ready to be posted yet :(

Individual replies later :)

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Oh my! That was wonderfully..depressing! Can't wait for the next part!

13. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Wow! Glad CK put a link on her thread for this wonderful story! And YAY!!!!!!!!! You are continueing it! Hope you torture that lazy, lump of a Master named Qui-gon Jinn greatly!!!

Very good post!!! Can't wait for the next part.

14. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Very good! I hope you're going to continue because I see lots of ways how this fic could take. :)

Nicky

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Ooooo!! MORE!!

16. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    WoW JKH that was a very powerful post.

More? [face_hopeful]

:D TW

17. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
  18. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Ok, I have almost all day thursday to polish the post... If I'm happy with it, ya'll can have it tomorrow night, if not, I promise by Sat :)

19. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    How terribly sad! Poor Obi!

Nicely done! I can't wait to read the next part. I hope Qui-Gon suffers greatly.

20. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    <stumbles in, carrying deadish Obi>

Did someone drop this?

Woo more!

-_dparis

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I get so excited when I see a reader?s name beside a thread?s title. ;) Wonderful post, J_K_H . Absolutely wonderful. I liked it. It?s so sad and poignant. My poor Obi. Now post that next part of the story! 8-}

Aun

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Hello! :D

23. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    more please?

pretty please?

fine i'm getting on my knees and begging you...

::::gets on knees and throws her hands up:::

I need more!!!!!!!

24. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Just found this. It's wonderful! So angsty, so... I'm at a loss of words.

His emotions are so realistic. You can virtually feel them.

Such a despair and no one to help! Kill Qui-Gon right now! Or wait and make him pay [face_mischief] [face_devil]

Please, please, post more

25. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    ::looks around for post:: Awww it's not here yet! I don't think I can wait much longer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.