main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arriving with the Dawn - Part the 6th Interlude I, What Obi really thinks about

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Knight_Hunter, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    obaona*kills Qui-Gon* bu...but...but I needed him!thanks

CalaisKenobi: yep there's more...at the rate the muses are attacking this is going to be fairly long

FELICIA_ZEZILIQui's reaction? He hasn't told me how he reacts...or he doesn't quite want to yet...

LadyPadmewho's Bant? i think that she is Obi's mon -calamarian friend...very very close friend, they grew up together... all I know about her is what I've read in other peoples stories

Jedi_Suzuran and LuvEwan and Nikita
    thanks!

obi_ew thanks... I don't tend to do anything but depressing :)

ObiLegolasHope you torture that lazy, lump of a Master named Qui-gon Jinn greatly!!! I think everyone would kill me if i didn't ;)

Nicky thanks [face_blush]

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi you wish is my command...at least when the non-slash muses listen...

FlashbaccaMore? [face_hopeful]
    Yep

ObiLegolas
    thanks for all the ups

dparis
    yep, I was looking for that...I need it for today

Aunecah_Skywalker, obi_ew,Havoc_2Nite and Nikita
    thank you, and more is on the way

Jedi_NifetKill Qui-Gon right now! Or wait and make him pay ;) I vote for now, but...

I think this post is shorter, but I know what goes in the ones after this...and I don't want to loose those ideas...and this post says what I want it to say, I think...

2. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    As the sun set over the temple, most of the inhabitants gathered in the Garden of Peace. Indeed it appeared that nearly all of Coruscant had come to that one place, a place usually calm with smooth ripples of the force floating off of it.

But not today, for a cast of thousands had appeared, young initiates with tears streaming down thier chubby little cheeks and red eyes. Older padawans stood, comforted by their masters and repeating the mantras of the order over and over, to no avail, young knights slightly aloof from the rest of the people, and the eldest masters formed yet another group. All the Jedi who could be there, were. All but thirteen, that was.

Today, the force screamed in sorrow, rather than sing its calming lullaby.

As the last golden beams of the sun touched the horizion, these council entered the garden, walking in pairs, lead by Master Windu, who would deliver the uluogy, and followed by a middle-aged man. This man walked behind the council; shoulders stooping slightly, his blue eyes showing no spark of life whatsoever, but rather, he looked lost, as if there was no reason for him to be there.

The crowd parted to allow the strange procession to work its way to the pond with its cascading waterfall, Obi-wan's favorite place in the temple to be himself.

The procession stopped behind Obi-Wan's body, parallel to the masses. Obi-Wan was resting on a raised dais, looking as though he would wake up any minute... nothing like the victim of a tragic jump from the top of the temple. Master Windu moved to be infront of Obi-Wan . From there he turned to address the crowds.

"As with the sun, a life must also fade away into the twilight of death. We may not know why a sunsets or why a life, especially one so vibrant, so energetic, and so special to us all, fades away, but we must accept that it does. It is then fitting that we have gathered here to mourn the passing the one who would have been the finest of the next generation of Jedi. In a time of darkness, he was the brightest star in our lives, and our chosen one..."

At that, Master Jinn looked up in shock...how could he have... NO! He could not think about that infront of a crowd of possible telempaths. Master Windu continued,

" Now, the time has come for us to say good-bye, not only in our minds, but also in our hearts. So good-bye Obi-Wan Kenobi, our brother, our friend. May we meet again, someday."

Mace turned to Obi-Wan, bowed and placed a fatherly kiss upon his forhead before returning to his place with the other councilors. Master Jinn stepped forward, then to address the crowd,

" I appreciate everyone of you comming today to say your final good-byes to my padawan." Master Jinn glanced pointedly and quickly at Obi-wan's small group of friends befor continuing on," I loved him as the son I didn't have and was always proud of his accomplishments when he listened to the living force. I don't know what I'll do without him, I don't want another padawan right now. He was the perfect padawan, when he tried, obedient, well-behaved, and hard working. He always tried to be the best at everything, it was a pity he couldn't accept that he didn't have to be perfect. I don't know why he chose to take his own life," Master Jinn was blind to the new flood of tears running down childrens' faces and the death-glares the adults were sending him, and continued," but I know it wasn't my fault, nor anyone who resides in the temple now, the force has shown me that much. I also know he knew I loved him." At least he had at one time in his life.

"Good-bye my Obi-Wan."

Master Jinn stepped away from the edge of the dias to stand on the right side of Obi-Wan's head. Pulling out a silver ceremonial dagger, he cut off Obi's padawan braid.

" Now you are a Jedi Knight, it has been decreed by the council." and then, so quiet that the councilors could not hear," Dismal failure that you were."

Master Windu handed him a small silver box elegantly covered with with small stones, the colors of Obi-Wan's eyes. Master Jin

3. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    *Stares in shocked fury at Qui-Gon* You... You... a poor excuse of a master. How could you! :mad:

No, Jedi_Knight_Hunter, you can't kill him now. Make him suffer for a looong, looong time.

More please

Nifet

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *tortures Qui-Gon*

*for years*

Okay, you can him back now. :D [face_mischief]

More please? :)

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    What is up with Qui? :mad: Obi a failure? Throwing away his braid?

He's gonna be a pain in this one, isn't he? :(

6. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    He's not telling you?! Well, beat him until he does! Qui-Gon's as stubborn as a mule so you have to smake him a few times.

ohhhh Qui-Gon what is wrong with you?!

Dismal failure that you were ::shakes head slowly:: I can understand how you are in denial but that is just too far.

Felicia Z.

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    He turned to the Darkside didn't he? That is the only acceptable excuse for what was just said and done.Okay time for some serious Qui-bashing! :mad:

8. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    You call THAT torturing Qui-gon?!!!!! I'd hope that you torture him for the rest of eternity! grrr..... He can't even let Obi die in peace. The no-good-slug-eating-old-fart!

Great post, JKH!

9. Nicky

Nicky Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    What's the matter with Qui-Gon? Please tell me that he's somehow controlled by the Sith, joined the Sith - whatever - and that the Council will discover that!

Nicky

10. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I won't make any speculations, but I DO hope that Qui-Gon sees the grievous error of his ways. Very interesting. Good job! :D I look forward to more.

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Qui-Gon's words and actions were just shocking. How long had poor Obi-Wan been living with that, no wonder he gave in to despair? Hopefully, there is some Qui-Gon torture (mental or physical) coming up shortly. :(

12. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    What!? Dismal failure!? That man is gonna have to suffer!! I hope he's a good swimmer... or maybe he would suffer more if he couldn't get the box back.

Great story! Post more soon... please!

13. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    you call that torturing Qui-Gonn? no... but later... much later it will come

Thanks everyone for reviewing!

14. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    :::looks around wildly for evidence of Obi's failure:::

I see nothing! How could you Qui-Gon Jinn??? After all those times I've defended you on other fics... and there you go and throw away the only precious thing you have left of your dead padawan!!! I e-hat you right now!!! GRRRRR!!!

Maybe that wasn't Obi, and the real Obi was kidnapped??? Please let Obi be alive! SO he can show Qui what a waste of time it was being his padawan. Nobody should have to live through an apprenticeship to that!

:::runs out of the room crying:::

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| quigonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn obiwannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

16. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Jedi_Nifetyou can't kill him now. Make him suffer for a looong, looong time. *adds that to list of things to do* 8-}

obaona*tortures Qui-Gon* *for years* geeze, everyone wants him dead...me too

Jedi_SuzuranWhat is up with Qui? Obi a failure? Throwing away his braid? He's gonna be a pain in this one, isn't he? patience...all will be revealed...later much much later

FELICIA_ZEZILI Qui is just so difficult to work with...but he'll get his rewards later...

obi_ewHe turned to the Darkside didn't he? He...hey! I'm not giving anything away!

ObiLegolasthanks

Nicky What's the matter with Qui-Gon? Please tell me... What is with y'all all trying to get me to tell the rest of the story? 8-}

LuvEwanI DO hope that Qui-Gon sees the grievous error of his ways.uh well yeah... Thanks :)

SheilaHow long had poor Obi-Wan been living with that, no wonder he gave in to despair? Hopefully, there is some Qui-Gon torture (mental or physical) coming up shortly thanks...you've given me more to think about adding in to the story

Havoc_2NiteThat man is gonna have to suffer!! agreed

NikitaPlease let Obi be alive! but what if Obi doesn't want to be alive...besides ...nevermind you'll find out later :p

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girlquigonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ???? he's evil hun... at least for now... [face_evil_malacing_snapelike_smirk]

Post tonight or tomorrow night...I think(as in it's written, not typed and I'm waiting for something)

17. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    For the record, I consider nothing "holy" or written in stone in the starwars universe. This is AU.

Part the Third, The darker past, part the first

Jinn's P.O.V

His padawan is 18.

"But Master, I love you as though you were my father. I need to return to the order. Thats the way its suposed to be."

I stared in shock at my prodigal padawan, returning after all these months. "You betrayed me once, Xanatos, whats to keep you from doing so again?" I hurl at him, my voice dripping in disguist. He looked back at me with sorrow in his eyes and pain in his voice.

"Master, I was young and naive, I believed that my father had to love me, and he truely did. He was not the twisted cruel sadist the enviromental terrorists made him out to be, the same terrorists that your girlfriend came from"

"STOP!" I yelled, "She is not a terrorist, she is just worried about the living force, same as I."

"Thats bull**** Master, and you and I know both know it. "

I watched him walk out of the room, obstensively to cool off. What did I care, as long as the brat was out of my hair? It's not like I asked him to come back into my life you know. Rheniana and I were happy the way it was, with no reminders of the past.

Half an hour later, DeCrion walked back in. Picking up where we left off, with out the shouting and swearing he began to plea for his apprenticeship again. I didn't have the heart to tell him he was wasting both my time, and his.

"Master Jinn, my father was not the bad guy you make him out to believe..."

I opened my mouth about to get back into it again, but he held out his hand in a stangely compelling gesture to stop.

"Please just let me finish what I have to say. My father loved all of his employees of OffWorld...provided shelter, education, work experience, and the ability to travel from planet to planet, not only to his employees but to their families as well. He was cruel to his enemies, especially the...disidents, but he was no sith lord. He wasn't prefect, but he was a heck of a lot closer than you are Master Jinn!" His last few words dripped with venom.

I stared at him in disbeleif...this little upstart, not even a pure blood Jedi was daring to speak to me, the Chosen Servant to the living force, and heir to the great Jinn family like this?

"My dear padawan...," I trailed off. Sarcasm was just one more tool I had been provided but, I figured I should probably at like the rational Jedi Master I was. Starting again, this time more gently," you were blinded by grief. Alas, that was not, nor has it ever been the point here; the point is that you knowingly, and willingly disagreed and disobeyed me publically before the war, and after I ...negotiated a desision that pleased most parties, you took up arms against me boy. Had I not cared about you, I could have, and probably should have, killed you right then and there. But thats my mistake, not yours.

You denounced myself, and the order, and now I find it just a wee bit ironic that you are here, practically on your knees begging me to allow you back in the order, and to be my padawan, again. Sorry, but it ain't gunna happen in this life time Xani. I will not take part in this this disgrace!"

I tried to keep a grin off my face as I ripped the already charred and torn remnants of our training bond from his pathetic mind. I watched the color drain from his already pale skin. I saw him lie there, convulsing on the floor, hands grabbling painfully at his head. He seemed as though he would be physically sick any moment.

'Good' I thought to myself, 'now he shall know what it is like to have your heart ripped out by one you care for.'

To him, I said, "Tsk-tsk-tsk poor boy...its only physic pains and they will pass in due time... a week or two."

"But Master Jinn..." he attempted to finish that sentence but he never got farther. With all my strenght I smacked him, hard,

18. Havoc_2Nite

Havoc_2Nite Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Whew... that Jinn sure is full of himself! It's a sanity thing right? Delusions of granduer?! Let's see what is it they say about the Grinch?

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch,
    Your heart's an empty hole,
    Your brain is full of spiders, you have garlic in your soul, Mr. Grinch,
    I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

Should we substitute Mr. Jinn?

Poor Xani and Obi... I'm starting to have the feeling that torturing that poor excuse for a Jedi won't be as easy as it should.

Great post... keep them coming!

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Confussed!!! , but i liked it, more!!!

20. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Wait, Obi is Xani or Xani is Obi? I'm confused!

And Qui is acting like a lunkhead. [face_plain]

21. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Opps, forgot to mention...flashback [face_blush]

Thanks for reviewing everyone!

22. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] I'm still confused too! Which was the flashback? Xan was mentioned in both and he had Obi's hair? JKH you have some explaining to do! :D

23. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Qui-Gon What has happened to you? I love-ed you Qui! I love-ed you! I knwo all you need is a hug and then you'll better right? ::goes over and hugs him::

Felicia Z.

24. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Yikes, I thought it was rather straight forward...

Re Obi with Xani's hair...it's Xani's pov, key words involved sleep and dreaming :)

The last was all one post, I just switched P.O.V's from Qui to Xani...

Quick note that I feel like I owe you guys:

This is really three separate parts of one story... the deep past being about Xani and Qui, the recent past are the events leading up to Obi's death, and part the now...which starts at Obi's death and continues on.

25. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Sorry missed the posts!!!! Great one, what is up with Jinn!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.