main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Arrow Leader, standing by...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Dak Oolron, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Howdy!

My name is David. I've been a Star Wars fan since the mid-90's when my family bought the last VHS box set of the pre-Special Edition OT. During summer vacation, I watched the OT over and over to the point that the tape comes off the spool if you rewind ESB all the way! (Luckily I figured out a way to fix it when that happened.)

My In-Universe name is (Cmdr.) Dak Oolron. I'm the leader of Arrow Squadron, a Facebook group I made as a place to chat with people I met on the defunct Facebook app "Jedi vs Sith." Members of Arrow Squadron use our group as a roundtable to discuss all things Star Wars as well as collaborate on fan fiction focusing on Squadron characters we created. The general feel of the squadron is comparable to Rogue and Wraith Squadrons in the "X-Wing" series, and could be considered a spiritual successor. The group is set as a "secret"/unsearchable group and hasn't had a new member in years, but I may consider admitting new members if you are amiable and interesting... over the years a couple of members have lost interest and dropped out, and it's always good to get new ideas.

When Episode VII was announced as being in the works, I began prowling for a place to find out more info. Early on, I found these forums and have since checked around once a day, sometimes more, for updates. I decided to finally make an account so I can take part in polls and contribute my two cents in discussions, so here I am! I am totally stoked for the ST and can't wait for December 2015. :D

Bazinga'd likes this.
  2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard. We are glad you joined. The JCF is really a fun place to be apart of, and with casting news just being released its gotten exciting. Just look around and see what interests you. Is there anything I or anyone else can help you with?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    At the moment, no, but thanks! :) I'm definitely looking forward to taking a greater part in the action than simply lurking/reading, haha.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    Thanks, NYCitygurl- I'll check it out!