main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Art Needed for the 2006 Summer Fanfic Awards

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by academygrad88, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    [I got permission from HanSolo29 to post this request in its own thread.]

I just wanted to let everybody know that the Summer Fanfic Awards are swiftly approaching and they are looking for Art to post in the Awards ceremony thread in between announcing the winners of the various categories.

If you are interested in submitting art here is the link with all the information: http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/24174448/p1/?7

It is a great way to get people outside the fanart forum to see your art.

AG88

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    The fanfic awards entertainment committee is still looking for artwork for their three awards ceremonies (before the Saga, Saga, and After the Saga eras). You don't need to draw anything special for them. Just send them the links to your favorite pictures. It can be stuff you made years ago.

The fellow that is getting together the entertainment has posted examples of the type of art that he is looking for (he actually posted two of my pics as examples [face_blush] ). Basically he wants anything that is a great Star Wars pic. It doesn't have to be a parody, it can be serious Star Wars art. It can be wallpapers, paintings, Photoshopped pics, Poser. Just PM the links to your pics to YodaKenobi at: http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/user.asp?usr=876954

For those who are not familiar with the eras, here are the definitions:

Before the Saga - Before the time of The Phantom Menace.

The Saga - From The Phantom Menace to the end of Return of the Jedi.

Beyond the Saga - Everything after Return of the Jedi.

AG88

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Well I already submitted all of my SW fanart to Yobi, so good luck with the awards!

4. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    I submitted mine too. :)

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, thanks so much, academygrad [:D]

We're still accepting submissions for all three eras, but we're running a little short on "Before the Saga", so if there are any KotoR artists around here, or who do any work that takes place before the movies, we'd love to see what you've got :)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I still plan to submit something for this but I need to see what I have lying around first. Who knows, maybe I'll go ahead and do something new just for this. ;)

7. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Do either Nomi or Vima Sunrider count as KOTOR? I don't play these games, but I've read the comics.

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I am pretty sure he is looking for pics of anybody or thing in Star Wars in the time frame prior to The Phantom Menace.

JL

9. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    They certainly would count. The Sunriders are even mentioned in the KOTOR series.

10. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    Thanks for posting this! I sent in a couple...

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Really? They're mentioned? Well, hold the awards back just a little cuz I think I can do Vima quite nicely as a manga girl! Or maybe Ulic or Cay or Tott!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.