main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Art Nouveau New Jedi Order illustrations~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mazzic, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Hey! I was thinking about this thread the other day, and had a thought about the window behind Jaina. What if you did something like a stained glass looking sword behind her?

2. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Dang. I REALLY need to work on these...

3. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    you really should!

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Yes, you do. But just seeing this thread, and seeing you post makes me happy. I really love your work :D

5. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I love Art Nouveau and Mucha! I have these Art Nouveau Tarot cards and you're work made me think of them too. Zekk is my favorite, but I love how you made the female Barabel look feminine! that's not done very often! Please give us more! It's a fantastic project! :D

6. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh, Mazzic! If you are considering returning to this thread... PLEASE DO! I miss seeing your work.

7. Day-dreamy

Day-dreamy Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2007
    Wow, I like your drawings! Simple, yet beautiful![face_love] Keep it up!:)

8. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    These are lovely! I especially like the last three. The detail and sense of motion is amazing, and the characters' personalities really shine through in your drawings. Wonderful job, and thank you so much for sharing these. =D=:D

9. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    wow these are some of the best NJO illustrations i've seen to date, brilliant poses and style, looking forward to seeing what you do with these :D

10. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Oooh, I'm drooling...so love AN.

11. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I like to see Raynar Thul in a billowy skirt. This is nice. Tenel Ka too. These would be great colored although the pencil detail is great as is. Although I thought Barabels had no boobs (believe me, this is important; boobs on a Kaleesh caused a major whinefest at a Grievous community I went to D:)

12. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    As for the reptilian Barabels...check out the "Shadows of the Empire" comic, specifically Skahtul and the two pages after the full-page panel of Leia meeting Xizor. Shahtul definitely has breasts. I'd thought against it too though. Ever seen the show "Gargoyles"? Females laid eggs but had breasts too....

13. JenkiMimay

JenkiMimay Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2008
    Mazzic, I found some of your artwork in a search and found them so inspiring that I had to color them. I didn't know it was your work at the time, but the wonderful FF saw it and directed me to you. Absolutely amazing, is all I have to say. And I really hope you don't mind I colored it, I do not in any way claim it as my own artwork---the coloring is all I claim ;)

http://jenkimimay.deviantart.com/art/Darkly-Handsome-Zekk-67588860
    http://jenkimimay.deviantart.com/art/Everybody-loves-Raynar-67589047

14. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    Thanks for the compliments, JenkiMimay! The coloring looks great, sorry the images were so poor quality! :)

I just finished a 9-month project, and have a some down-time to revisit these. Sorry it's taken...uh...several years to work my way through them! Rest assured, I will finish them sooner or later!

Stay tuned....

PS I'm giving a stab at coloring as well...

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Man, still at it? Mazz, you ever get the whole shebang done and colored, and I promise you, you'll get a link on TFN about it.

16. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    Wow! Great job Mazzic! I especially love Tenel Ka, she looks so regal. Would you mind if I colored some/all of them?

17. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
    I finally have accurate scans of my eleven drawings (no more digital photos)!!! The problem was, every drawing is so damn tall (about 18 inches!), and it took a while to find a large-format scanner.

It's much easier to spread out at a coffee shop and start slinging digital color...so instead of finishing my Tahiri illustration, I took a stab at coloring Jovan Drark.

Check it out here!

I'm not convinced I'm super happy with the coloring...and am open to suggestions. It's hard to color in PhotoShop without the figure looking too plastic...but applying textures often makes it look overly "filtered" as well. Thoughts?

I was basing the coloring on Adam Hugh's "Legacy" covers.

More to come!

Mazz

18. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! Really great coloring!

19. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    =D= [face_dancing]

You know my thoughts about this from DevArt, damn sweet job! Keep 'em coming, hehe. :D

20. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
  21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Both look fantastic. They look like they'd fit right in on a legacy cover.:D

22. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Looking great - did you lose the windows-in-the-BG idea, or are you adding all that in later?

23. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Wow, haven't looked in here for a while. Great job with the coloring!

24. Mazzic

Nov 6, 2000
  25. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow! I first saw your work over a year ago and thought it was amazing. Great that you've gotten the time to get back to these illustrations, since their some of the best I've seen yet. And I love that you draw Art Nouveau style! Alphonse Mucha is probably my favourite artist.

The colourings are awesome, they give the pieces a calm but a little threatening mood. I think it suits them really well, considering what they went through at Myrkr...

All in all, great work and I hope you keep at it. I'd love to see your take on Tahiri and the Solo kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.