main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art of AOTC = :)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jabachile, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Wow. I'm spoiler-free, but I'm also an artist, so I HAD to pick this up today, and I just finished it...it's simply incredible.

If any of you have the Art of Episode I, you'll know the usual artists: Doug Chiang, Iain McCaig, Jay Shuster, Gavin Bouquet (sp?), etc...

Lucas has expanded on the amazing art team with some incredible painters. Trust me, pick this book up...It has barely any spoilers (if you've watched the trailers), and the second you see one, you just turn the page. Simple as that.

Besides...the conceptual designs of Anakin are mean....and I mean MEAN ;)

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    It's an AMAZING book. Beautiful stuff.

3. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    i want it, but isn't it unavailible?

4. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    you can get it now, it went to most book stores today, I belive. I'm picking up this book this weekend!

5. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    *Scrawls down on her long list of AOTC books to purchase, yet another amazing book* :D

6. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    I saw a whole stack at Barnes and Noble today. I flipped through it and it looked pretty cool.

7. C-3P0

C-3P0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    It has barely any spoilers (if you've watched the trailers)

Are you kidding?

It's got the script for Attack of the Clones.

It's the ultimate spoiler.

8. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Duh, it has the script! ;) But who's gonna read it? Not I [face_plain]

The only spoilers in the art is the captions and actually a few parrts+. There are several production paintings of Geonisis that show it off a bit too much for my spoiler-free taste, but nothing too major, except I have a couple of warnings to non-spoler people:

Do not read the Coruscant captions. Just trust me. Also, do not look past the Geonisis part. From then on there are a few paintings and captions of spoilers plus the script.

Again...it's still a breathtaking book.

EDIT: If anyone wants selected scans of some of the better work in the book, I'll gladly put them up :)

9. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    i just got an email from amazon... i should get my copy tomorow... i cant wait.

10. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    One of the best parts, and people who have seen it can agree here, is definitely the conceptual designs for Anakin...some DARK stuff on THAT page!

Also, some of the cooler work is the continuing idea of a "sith witch," originally seen in Art of Ep I, but emphasized in this one. Awesome.

11. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Yeah, I saw it just a couple of minutes ago when I went to the local bookstore. Definately looks nice, might pick it up this weekend.

And do not post any spoiler style information in the thread, or I will have to lock it.

12. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Sorry, trying to warn people ;)

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Yes this book is GREAT!! I am almost done through my first reading (not the script even though I am spolied). You can definitely see a darker tone for the movie through the artwork. I love the Kamino and Geonosis atmosphere looks. Simply breathtaking. Highly recommended to those of you who don't have it yet!

14. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    I have a question. Does the art in the book have spoilers in itself? Like if I want to remain spoiler free (but have seen all the trailers, Ep.2 commercials, etc.) can I look at the art and still maintain the level of non-spoilerality that I have now? Thanks.

15. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I'm the same, and I'd say if you really want to try to stay spoiler-free, just buy the book and wait till after you see the movie to look through it.

As I said a few posts back, the spoilers are in Coruscant captions, past the Geonisis part (some Geonisis parts are pretty spoilerish), and the script.

I don't really think it's too bad, it's almost all conceptual drawings of characters...Most of it is stuff you won't see in the movie anyways or has been in the trailers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.