main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art of The Ahakista Gambit (blather no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I'm going to buy The Ahakista Gambit on nothing more than a glance. The artwork, storyline, Tarson and that preview of Vader vs Nyl vs whoever that night sider is in that last issue sold me clean off the block.

But what really knocked my hand puppet off was the artwork. I think it's really good.

Simply, yet it's 3D enough for this day and age. Face expressions, Tarson's distinctive look, and not to mention his non-white skin. I don't know what to call it other than emotion art. There is emphatic feeling in the chaos and tension of their mission reflected in their faces. I really liked it, and it's a good balance between Legacy's preening, and KOTOR's simple intricacy.

What did you think of it in particular?

2. Kaje

Kaje Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2005
    I thought it was a rather bland and predictable story... until I got to the last issue. Wow.

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I thought it was a great arc all the way around. I really loved the cover art in the comics. It would make a strong TPB.

4. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    It has way better art than some comics I seen around. :cool:

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The cover art was a major turn off to me- they were really unimpactful (except for that great Imperial themed one) and marred by word baloons. However, the story itself managed to win me over, and the artwork style actually works pretty well for it.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's a deceptive beast of a story and the artwork is a willing conspirator in it all. It does well to follow Badeux's detailed style on the first arc without coming off the poorer. And then there's...Oh wait, no spoilers allowed.

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I confess, it was a stereotypical Marvel Star Wars story (hardly a bad thing) before the rug was pulled out from under our heroes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.