main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Art of the Sith's Herald (Update - 4/14- Special Agent Tat Argota)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Siths_Herald, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    *Bump* - Two new pieces above. Enjoy!

2. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Still lookin' good there SH!!!

Love Dutchabeen! I remember you showing me the drawings of him - looks totally awesome in color!

And the I-wing? Saaaaweeeet! Then again, I'm a sucker for anything even close to X-wing related!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! Great additions here Siths_Herald! I especially like the I-wing (always been a sucker for a great fighter! ;) )--she looks very much like the F116, but of course, with the appropriate SW laser weapons and torpedo bays! She looks very fierce and threatening, and is a wonderful adaption of the X-wing design--if I were a starfighter pilot, I'd be lathering up to fly one, lol!

I also like the sort of organic lines you've given the Where Credit's Due--and with those engine exhausts, she looks like she'd step out like a scalded vornskyr when the power was kicked up! I hope the rear weapons turret has a limiter that keeps it from blasting off the engine cowls, though (now that would be an exceedingly bad day...)! I can so see a Sullustan owning this ship--it's so appropriate somehow!

Again--wonderful detailing in both of these drawings! You really should be doing some concept work of this sort--your designs are very intricate and well thought out, and appear to be more than functional (in the SW universe, anyway!)! Great work!

FF

4. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    bump - New piece today. Enjoy!

5. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Clean and crisp, and proportionate ships! Very cool.

6. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks everyone. I've always traditionally worked in pencil, so I am happy with the way the pen and ink stuff is progressing. It's been a pleasure working on requests too, because I've always had my own ship designs, but it has been interesting and challenging to try to bring someone else's vision to life.

Mirax80 - What if I told you the I-Wing was green? It's not. It's black and gray, but I thought I might be able perk your ears up. ;)

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome! The cockpit reminds me of a big "evil-eye," hanging there between those nasty-looking foils! A very cool amalgamation of a lot of different designs, and great job of making it cohesive! She looks very well armed, too, with the port and starboard guns and the "close-range" weapons mounted beneath the cockpit...the foils sort of resemble the mandibles of a giant insect or something...intimidating, and very cool!

FF

8. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Hmmm...this thread is to silent. It must LIIIIVE!

You've done awesome work on the Vindicator, S_H. AS FF said, you combined all of the elements in a very coherent manner while still managing to help create a unique looking craft. I definately wouldn't want to see a Squadron of them coming at me.

>:) They will strike fear into the hearts of the enemies of the Osahn Confederacy. Vindication will be theirs!

9. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    ">:) They will strike fear into the hearts of the enemies of the Osahn Confederacy. Vindication will be theirs! "

Bwahhahahahaha! Excellent! - C.M.Burns

Thanks R_Zion! Like I said, I enjoys working on my own designs, but helping put someone elses ideas on paper like this has been a rewarding challenge. I am well into the other peice you asked about, as well as another of my own. Look for them by the end of the week!

10. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    I added a whole slew of new stuff today. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

S H

11. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Loooookin' Goooooood!

LOVED the cars!
    Hate the clown (can't sleep, clowns will eat me!)
    Love the cars tho!

And the Dragons - totally awesome!

12. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    "Clowns are our friends.
    Zay vill not bite you, or srow you in ze basement.
    Zay are not big hairy shpiders."

Dr. Scratchnsniff - Animaniacs.

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    WOW!! It's Christmas in Siths_Herald's thread!!

**dances**

Where do I start???

As always, I love the "O-Wing" fighter (and I especially love that you give us all sorts of backstory and insight into these marvelous pieces--each and every one!--it makes them all that much more intriguing!)! She really looks like a fabulous craft (I was especially fascinated by the mechanism that extended that O-wing--very, very cool!)--again, one well-armed machine!
    "Widowmaker," eh? No wonder the pilots didn't want to fly her!

Your alien species are so beautifully done! You really should take a look in this thread--that artist is gifted with alien species of all sorts, too--you're two of a kind! ;) I'm especially liking the Aquavian--who knew!? A species that was equally adept at living underwater as in the air! Kewl! :cool:

And Tranoj--is he a Chiss Jedi?! Awesome collage--so descriptive of the character! Those can't be easy to compose and render...

The sketchy-sketches are just beautiful! We all love to see this sort of WIP--and I'm really in love with your pencil work: you have such a smoothness to it, both line and shading... What sort of pencils/paper do you use? The Master Bardonna sketch is particularly wonderful--his costuming is superb, and I love his face!

The non-SW pieces are great as well! I really danced when I saw Harly Quinn and Joker with your Dark Knight--two of the all-time best cartoon criminals ever!! And Psycho-Clown?

"Clowns are our friends.
    Zay vill not bite you, or srow you in ze basement.
    Zay are not big hairy shpiders."

Dr. Scratchnsniff - Animaniacs."

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I can see you and I are going to become fast friends, SH!! ;) [face_laugh] Really, though--the detailing on Psycho-Clown is outstanding! The "dead-smile" on his chest, along with the most-excellent shading of his shiny-fabric costume, really make this maniac! Thanks for such a rich update! I've had a blast going through it all, and am really becoming a total fan of your work! :D

FF

14. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks FalconFan, you honor me with you insights! Just being a part of the variety in this forum for the last few months has been a wonderful learning experience. It's great to see all the different ways people are inspired by the GFFA.

Let me see if I can answer or expand on your questions/comments-

The O-Wing: I've had the concept of the Mark 7 for years. As I developed my characters and fanfics (which are not fit for posting yet), the fighter took on an important role in the backgrounds of a few. I decided it would be just as important to create the origins of the fighter, so I came up with the Mark 2. When I designed the Mark 2, I used WWII aircraft for my inspiration. This is the first time I actually put the Mark 2 down on paper so I'm sure there is some work to do on it yet, but it is a good start.

The Aquavians: As I mentioned, they are isolationists. They inhabit the planet Mantithea in the Unknown Regions, so their contact with the main galaxy is minimal. Most of them reside in cities built into the cliffs of Mantithea's many shallow seas. Though they average 2 meters+ in height, their unique bone and muscle structure make them suprisingly light and suitable for flight. Their oversized lungs and webbed feet make them skillful swimmers. They are able to stay submerge for 20-30 minutes at a time while hunting. My inspiration for this species was basically a squid and a sea bird all smashed into one. Don't even ask where that idea came from...

Tranoj: Tranoj is, indeed, a Chiss Jedi. He was abandoned on the steps of the Jedi temple, as an infant, several years before the outbreak of the Clone Wars. The Jedi did not know his species, but recognized great Force potential in him. As he grew, he bacame an excellent student of the Force. That and his Chiss accelerated rate of maturity made him a Padawan candidate by age eight (one of the youngest ever). He was paired with the skilled Baundili Jedi Master Trouper Siralos.
    Even before the wars, Palpatine was secretly doing what he could to deplete the Jedi of their powerful masters. He sent several of them off on the Outbound Flight project into the Unknown Regions, and when that "went missing" he petitioned to have Siralos go investigate. Trouper and Tranoj were attacked in the Unknown Regions and crash landed on Mantithea. Trouper died in the crash, leaving yourn Tranoj to fend for himself. He grabbed his master's damaged lightsaber, a few supplies and took off across the Mantithean plains. He was eventually taken in by the Aquavians, who offered him a safe home, but would not help him contact the Jedi. Because of this, he was sheltered from the Jedi Purge. Growing up with the Aquavians, he eventually became a skilled diplomat and a master vibro-sword smith, as well as an accomplished duellist. Because of these skills, he was asked to serve on an expedition to invesitgate the Vourren. In collapsed Vourren ruins, he found the crystal in which Jorden Farseer's life force had been trapped. Jorden, who could appear from the crystal as a hologram, helped Tranoj complete his Jedi training and repair his master's saber. ...By now we are approaching the Thrawn era in the EU. I have yet to figure out if and how Tranoj's story fits into that.

Art Materials: I usually use Strathmore medium weight sketch pads. For the pencil drawings, I use a variety of graphite pencils. For color, I use Schwan (sp?) Carbothello pencils. For my digital work I have Photoshop Elements and a wacom tablet.

Hope I didn't ramble too much... Thanks again for your interest!

S H

15. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    I've updated today with some pieces from another art medium I like to work in. Enjoy!

16. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Great Job Siths_Herald

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wow! I finally got back in here to check out the figures--awesome! They are all so detailed--what size figures are they? I'm especially impressed by your original characters (very cool Sith disciples!), and your Aurra Sing is just fantastic! She almost looks real... You've put a lot of work into all of them, and it really shows--bravo!

FF

18. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: Wow. That's really good! =D=

19. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks everyone! Sometimes I just have to work in 3 dimensions. ;)

FF, all of the customs are built out of the 3 3/4 figures. I've tried a hand a sculpint a little, and have done a few busts (they were a little bigger than the 12" figure scale) but have not done it in a long time.

20. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow, you really have done some amazing drawings. I envy your ability to draw mechanical objects. My son always wants me to draw robots and spaceships for him and they all turn out terrible. I have to tell him they were hit by enemy fire, that is why they are so screwed up. ;)

Your spaceships are impressive, but I was really blown away by the drawings of the cars. They are magnificent. And that clown pic... well, that is just down right creepy.

Excellent work!

AG88

21. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004

Why, thank you!

22. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Here's my latest finished piece. He is the Duros Merc. Captain, Marrik Danar, done as a request for R. Zion.

Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:=D=
    WOW!! What a great portrait of Marrik!! It's unmistakably a Duros, but you've given him such a great expression and pose, he really has a ton of character, too! The detailing here is fabulous: the costume is awesome, as is his weapon--and geez, it just makes me smile to look at his face! You've really captured an abundance of personality with this piece, S_H, and R_Zion is surely slap-happy with the results, I'm certain! This is just a superb character portrait, and I applaud your skill! =D= Beautiful...just beautiful!

FF

24. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks much FF! I had been working with inks and computer graphics for the last year or so. This was the first piece I've finished in pencil in a long time. So glad you liked it.

S H

25. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    After a the Duros, I decided to get back on the digital horse and try a few new things. This piece is of Jedi Master Trouper Siralos. The Baundili Siralos was a powerful Jedi in the closing days of the republic, and master to the Chiss Padawan Tranoj. The rest of his bio is under wraps for the time being. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.