main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Art of the Sith's Herald (Update - 4/14- Special Agent Tat Argota)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Siths_Herald, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eamon

Eamon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    Wonderful new Jedi!! =D= I love the color! [face_dancing] What did you use to paint him?

-Eamon

2. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks! I'm using Photshop Elements and a Wacom tablet. I meesed arounf quite a bit with the opacity this time. SOmething I had not done on my two previous digital pieces. I think it really opened up a lot more options and saved quite a bit of time.

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! "Siralous" is wonderful! What species is this? Very cool creature/character design, in any case! I lurve the costuming here: the beautiful blue vest with the embroidered/brocade trim, the almost Victorian high-collared shirt and those awesome gauntlets are all very unique and interesting, and the lightsaber design is very cool. Wonderful handling of the foreshortening (something that fascinates me with alien species--such a complex task with limbs and "paws" that aren't human!), and the pose is very dynamic. Is this a character design for a request, or something that you dreamed up yourself? It's wonderful, in any case! Well done!

FF

4. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks Falcon Fan,

He's one I came up with myself. The spiecies is Baundili. The look I was going for was regal, with a little bit of absurd mixed in, so I made him tall, lean and graceful, but gave him the big paws, doggish face and floppy ears. I designed some of the costume based on the Clone Wars action figures, that ended up being Jedi robes plus accesories.

He is a master of the fencing type lightsaber style. I came up with the basic hilt design many, many years ago, so when Dooku was introduced to the GFFA with his curved saber and Form II mastery, the pieces fell together pretty nicely.

5. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    This Starfighter is a request I recently finished for Eamon. I beleive he said it is a single person vessel with some connection to the Sith. I like things with connections to the Sith. ;)

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa!! =D= Awesome fighter, Siths_Herald! This one has echoes of the YT-1300 and a Chiss clawcraft, between the mandible design and the central cockpit elements--very cool! I love the angular shape to the "nacelles" on this one--all the planes in them (and the fin arrangement at the ends) coupled with the more rounded shapes of the rest of it create a lot of visual interest here. I also like that sort of swollen look to the central cowling--it belies a really powerful engine lurking in there! A very cool ship--and Eamon must be really happy with this! Another great piece! =D=

FF

7. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    That's great! Somehow it really looks like a sith ship! And although it's quite small, it still seems to be very dangerous and deadly.
    =D= Great job on this.

8. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thank you and Veilen Dank!

I think it turned out pretty well, but I have to give ALL of the basic design credit to Eamon. I received a CG rendering of this ship along with the request. The shape and concept was all there. When I did it I just created a different angle and added a lot of the details, panels, etc.

Once I got into it, it went pretty quickly. It took me a while to really get started though. I'm used to sketching up and fleshing out my own designs, so to work on someone elses ideas, and still keep true to their vision was a welcomed growing experience for me. The same holds true for the duros and some of the other ships I've done as requests.

I'm almost finished with my next original; Tat Argota, the Twi'lek cop. Then my next project is to draw a collage of a friend's father's GTO drag car, as a gift. That'll probably take me right into summer...

9. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Hi all,

Please see my latest finished piece Special Agent Tat Argota. For his background, pop up to the beginning of the thread.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks! S_H

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow!!

This looks fabulous S_H!! I am so loving the uniform/costume detailing--the badge, the hat (no small effort with a Twi'lek! ;) ), the beautiful fringed sash...what a superb job! He really looks quite official and imposing, even with the obviously-personalized tattoos on the headtails. He just looks great! =D= Gosh, if you ever start taking on requests for characters, your list is going to fill up faster than you could ignite a lightsaber blade! ;) Great, great work!

FF

11. Nefarious_21

Nefarious_21 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2006
    Your attention to detail is fantastic!
    I adore anyone who can really draw ships- and that you've designed so many is an incredible feat.
    Superb job Siths_Herald-
    Expect me back here soon!

-NeF

12. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    NeF - Thank you! The ships have turned out better than I thought they would at first. I've learned a little on each one, to the point that I am considering going back and redoing a few of the first ones. I guess many years of training and experience in mechanical drawing and drafting has rubbed off on my artwork.

FF - Thank you too! You're really beginning to make me beleive you're a fan of my work. Rest assured that the feeling is mutual!

13. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, thanks for your German thank you. =D= That was really good.

This Twi'lek looks great! =D= Love his tatoos and all the deatails on them. His eyes caught my attention, they are very outstanding.
    And is that a tonfa in his left hand?

Keep up the good work!

14. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Keine problem. Ich habe Deutsch praktizieren gern.

And thanks for you comments on Tat. When I color a piece, I always start with the eyes. I figure if I can't get them right, I might as well start over.

I'm not sure what a 'tonfa' is. I imagined the tool in his left hand being some sort of stun baton, kind of like a nightstick.

15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Dein Deutsch ist sehr gut, wo hast du das gelernt?

A tonfa is some kind of weapon, probably from China. Security officers and policemen in Germany often run around with them, but most of them have no idea how to use them.
    In my martial art is a also a specific group where people learn to use it, my brother has trained it from time to time. Last summer he has bought one, but he's on a ship now and I have his tonfa in my room. (didn't want my little brother to run around with it)

It looks exactly like that thing on your drawing, a long stick with a handle on it. The interesting thing about tonfas is that you can use the long end, the short end of it and the handle as well to stab. It is also good against an enemy with a tonfa, you can block his canings with your own tonfa by holding up your forearm.
    You usually hold a tonfa so that it's long end is under your forearm, the short end pointing away from your body.

But you must be at least 18 to buy it. (that's the full age in Germany)

Okay, enough about Tonfas.
    If you would like to practise your German, you can stop by at the German Speaking Fanforce. (GSFF) All of Germans there are also (more or less) fluid in English, so you should have no problem. :)

16. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Cool. Sounds like a tonfa is pretty much what I had in mind when I drew it. Some U.S. police carry a similar 'nightstick'. I pictured Agent Argota's having a power source that could stun a being it came in contact with.

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    That's very cool, great idea. For a special agent this could be very useful.

18. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    upping :)

19. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Thanks for re-opening Nidrail! I guess that shows that I have not posted something new in far too long.

Anyhoo, I've finally finished my 'summer' project, and am looking forward to getting back into some of my own SW themed art.

Here is the project I completed for a friend of mine in the Minnesota Force.
    GTO

This is also a sketch I am currently working on. I was inspired after finishing "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction." This is a drawing of Darth Bane and his new apprentice Rain as they gazeout upon the unknown future of the new Sith order they will forge together.
    Bane and apprentice

This one was a little something I put togther for the Anoka Halloween parade in which the Minnesota Force participated. Seeing as how it was an election year, we didn't want to be the only group without candidates to promote.
    Campaign Poster

Thanks, and as always, feedback is welcome!

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Siths_Herald! Welcome back! **does happy dance** It's great to see a post from you, and we'll be looking forward to more!

I LOVE the GTO!! Wow!! That looks fantastic! So much detail (and the two different views, along with the symbol...wow!)--it's really beautiful, and I'm sure the owner is delighted with this! Darth Bane and apprentice is awesome (although--and this is just me--it makes me a little sad that such a young man is already so immersed in the Dark Side... :( ;) )--wonderful depiction of them! The poster is the same link as for Darth Bane, though--we'll look forward to seeing that when you can fix it!

Cool to have you back!

FF

21. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    That campaign poster wouldn't be a "Yoda for President" would it? LOL I have seen a bumper sticker with that slogan and I LOVE the idea! hehee

Very nice sketch of Darth Bane and his apprentice. I notice the emphasis on their eyes and rightly so considering the description you gave.

That GTO almost looks like a photo it is drawn so well! If I were to attempt that, I would find the most difficult part to be the windows--looking through the windows to capture the interior shadow/details. Great!

22. Siths_Herald

Jan 5, 2004
    Oops! I fixed the link.

Thanks for the comments. I'm trying to decide now whether to finish Bane in pencil or digitally.

23. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    SH that's awesome stuff!!!! The car is absolutely COOL!!!!! I LOOOOOVVVEEE flames done like that, and the drawing of the car is incredibly detailed and real!!!!!
    :eek:[face_laugh]
    your campaign poster is HILARIOUS!!!! LOL! hehe thats awesome! Well, did they win? :p
    The sketch is turning out great, too. I can't wait to see the finished vrs!

God bless and Merry christmas!
    ~n

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    GAH!!
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]=D=

Great poster, SH!! =D= And of course they won, lol! [face_laugh]

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.