main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art of the Star Wars Universe (in-universe!) & Thrawn's Hobby

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    We all know this intelligent blueskinned GrandAdmiral and his favorite Hobby: Art; collecting, interpreting, analysing, using and crafting of Art.

Now, what pieces of art exist within the star wars universe? If you are interested, lets compile a list of in-universe Art. Paintings, scultpures, etc.

Already lots of art was seen in episode 1-5. Naboo sculptures, statues, architecture, paintings, symbols, clothing, cultural signs, colors, in universe music, etc.
    the expanded universe added lots more.

So lets start collecting art. listing it, maybe interpreting it if possible, and analyse cultures as Thrawny did etc.

and, a question to finish this post: Did he study erotic artwork as well as the normal one? nudes, sculptures, and whatever? I believe Thrawn did because it is just another aspect/branch of art.

use this if you want for the list:
    Name of Art / classification (f.e. scultpure, painting, etc.) / who made it? / when, where was it made?

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I would like to hear his interpritation of Killick Twilight...

3. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    I have no idea why but I think it's cool that some villains are fascinated by art. And Thrawn is not the only one, Palps seemed to have a nice collection too in ROTS and he even visits the theater. I'd love to learn more about those statues in Palpy's room. I think there were some paintings in Visionaries, but I haven't read that. I'm really interested to learn more about the art in SW though. :D

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    How about that painting of Padme in the babies' room in the comic of The Last Command?

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    nice adds, thx.

I want to add the paintings of Padmé that the crazy Naboo artist did in the visionaries comic. maybe he was, when still sane, painting that unnamed padme from the last command, would make sense?

Do we count sith artifacts, jedi artifacts, or ancient archeologic sites, like korriban as art and places of art? they look like art with such decorating wallpaintings, statues etc.

6. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Beldon's Eye- sculpture- symbol of Cloud City mining guild

7. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Selonian Nudes - as seen by Baron Fel and Wynyssa Starflare at the Coreelian art gallery. (The Making of Baron Fel)

8. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Palpatine's sculpture of Wapoe; mythical Atrisian demigod of disguise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.