main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Art of the Starfighter - Cleveland/Pittsburgh event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Krash, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hey everyone, just in case you didn't see the thread on the Cleveland board WRHS Starfighter Event...thought I'd keep everyone here up to date on developments in the WRHS Art of Starfighter Exhibit.

I've been in touch with WRHS, and have prices on discounted admission to the museum (which is good for more then Starfighter) Just need to know HOW Many of the "black and gold" are coming (in addition to our own people)...it takes 15 people to get the discount.

Plan is to meet at the museum around NOON on April 5th, since jedi_master_sal explained that"we will then be meeting at Terry/Rox's place at 9 am then leaving at 10 am to get there by noon." After spending some time at the WRHS, we can get some food...and possible around the city on a toy run

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    :( I can't go. I'm so disappointed. Somebody from the Pittsburgh FanForce needs to take lots and lots of photographs, for the scrapbook!

Hopefully, the next Cleveland-Pittsburgh get together I'll be able to make.

3. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    sorry ~ if we are leaving that early = we can't make it.

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    All right folks. You've heard the call. We'll need to meet at Terry/Rox's house during the 9 o'clock hour so that we can leave by 10 am. You don't neccessaryily have to show up AT nine but at least before 10. From here we will consolidate to as few vehicles as neccessary. (To help with fuel consumption)

I'll need you RSVP here in this thread. Also please state if you are driving and can take passengers and how many.

I know I've been mentioning this along the way that this would be early. We DO have to travel to Cleveland, see the exhibit, go eat somewhere, have a dual meeting between the groups and maybe then some other fun. There is no other way to get this ALL done in one day without leaving this early.

So please again, if you plan on attending, post here. You will need money for the exhibit, gas or at least a couple of dollars for our "drivers" to put in their tanks, food, any souvenirs and so on.

I think the bare minimum (and this is only an estimate, bring whatever you feel you need) is $30. This should cover admission to the exhibit, food and a little for gas. Really that's not all that bad for a day trip. Especially considering all that we'll be doing that day.

With that all said, as I've mentioned I can take two with me but I only have an extended cab truck so unless you like being cramped you should be a person of the "smaller" variety.

5. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    AND as I've been saying all along ~ I have class that weekend and we won't be able to go if we need to leave before noon.

6. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    I am attending this event. I am also planning on driving. I have room for 2 additional people in my vehicle.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Carrie, that wasn't a remark toward you specifically. We know that we are a big group now. And from time to time not all of us can attend events. I know your education comes first and I would never ask you to give that up for this group. I just don't want you to think you or your family are being singled out of this. If you can't come, you can't come. That's okay. I hope we'll see you at the ComiCon then.

I'm just reiterating the plan as has been stated, for others, so everyone is sure of the when, where's, and how much's (okay, maybe that wasn't proper English, I've never been accused of that anyway, haha)

Glad to see you coming Tom. Are you bringing CK and your fiancee?

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    As of today I am coming, but that could change. If I end up working the night before I would rather not drive since I would most likely not get off work until 6:30 am.

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Terry, you can sleep along the way and since we're meeting at you place you can get in some of that much needed sleep since you'll already be at where we are meeting at. I'm sure if you can't drive because of sleepiness that we would have someone else available to drive.

BTW, are your parents still cool with us all meeting there first?

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    They're fine with it.

11. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Once we know how many people you're bringing,, and can "guess-timate" your arrival time around noon. I have another question of preference for you.

WRHS (near downtown Cleveland)
    then...
    FOOD - "The Winking Lizard" (Coventry...not far) or someplace else?

There is the Hard Rock Cafe (downtown) but you'll have to pay for parking. There are also places 15 minutes outside of Cleveland (where many of us live) like Damon's and such that could accomodate large groups...and have plenty of "toy hunting" to be had. Just need to know what is your preference???

12. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay folks, we need to have your RSVP no later than March 22nd (Saturday from next) If you don't RSVP by then, we may not be able to accomadate you. Also when RSVPing state if you are driving and can take passengers or not.

So far I have:

Myself and Emily (my fiancee)
    Terry/Rox
    Tom/Noble Kale
    Chad/Darth Dahc

That's not too many folks. I know GC and the 66's had t drop out of this, but i know there were others who said they were interested.
    So please "Répondez S'il Vous Plaît"

13. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    we r a lil disappointed we can't make this one. Would anyone be interested in going another weekend with us?

I know we'll miss the Cleveland group 'n all ~ but I would still like to see the exhibit. Does anyone know how long it will be around?

14. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll go see it with you guys Carrie

15. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'd love to go another weekend . . . but my weekends are pretty much booked through April. Just how long does the exhibit run?

16. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Our schedule is pretty booked too. I was thinking maybe May 17th (providing my brother's girlfriend doesn't go into labor = she is due May 22)

How does that date sound to others interested in going with us? Providing the exhibit is still there then.....

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Here is the site for the exhibit.

http://www.wrhs.org/current/current.htm

Luckily enough i runs through til June 8th so your in luck Carrie.

It's $7.50 per adult and $5.00 for students but they don't mention what qualifies as a student so everyone bring at least $7.50 for admission.

Also you can go here for directions to the museum:

http://www.wrhs.org/sites/direct.htm

18. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    thanks sal

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmmm, I talked to Chad today. If I understood correctly, he's taking the SATs on April 5th.

Perhaps we could just reschedule with Cleveland for a Saturday in May since April 5th is turning out to be such an awful date for almost everyone on the Pittsburgh end of things . . . . (GC ducks as Sal throws large stones at her for the very suggestion)

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    That would be good for me. I can't go either now. I have to work friday and saturday 10 PM to 6:30 AM that weekend.

21. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    I'm with Master Renca on that one.So wadda yinz think,I'd much rather we do it all together like we talked about originally.
    ***looksall about***
    Oh Krash...you in here?

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    well. i give up. i guess since noone else can make it for whatever reasons. will someone else please notify Krash by PM and organize the new trip to Cleveland. I've got a bit much on my plate at the moment and won't be able to organize this again in the time before it stops being exhibited. Thanks to whomever you are.

23. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I've just gotten word, that you guys were having problems...and may need to reschedule.

If you guys would like to come up in May, that's fine! The weather will be a little more predictable; and could present other opportunities to spend time getting to know each other.

I'll inform everyone that we're postponing the Cleveland/Pittsburgh meeting. Pick a day in May...and we'll continue this discussion.

24. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    How does May 17th sound to everyone?

25. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    17th works for me. Are your classes over, Mrs. 1966? We will most likely still have the same time schedule -- as in leave Rox's house by 10 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.