main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Art of the Starfighter - Cleveland/Pittsburgh event

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Krash, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    To answer a question earlier about what is considered a Student at WRHS... If you are in college, you are considered as a student. They may want to see your ID though.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again on Saturday! :)

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    So what's the final headcount? What else are we exactly doing? And how much dough should I bring?

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    May 17th WRHS event:
    total: 13 (plus 1 child)
    Cleveland:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    Reborn_Jedi
    JarJarJedi
    TheRandomMenace???

Pittsburgh:
    Mrs_jedi_1966
    MetalliJedi
    DarthDahc
    Rox
    corran_16201
    jedi_1966
    lil'st '66
    jedi_master_sal
    "Em"???

What else are we exactly doing?
    Afterwards, we can all drive out to Dave and Busters...15 mins west of downtown...I have directions for you to get back on the road home from Westlake (suburbs)

And how much dough should I bring?
    With 12 confirmed (?) tickets for adults will be $7.50...3 more people and we save $1 each (contain your excitment)

As for D&B, that depends on how much you want to eat/play games. I would suggest $10-15 (per person) for food, plus whatever you want to spring on games. They have re-chargable game cards called "Power Cards"...the card costs $1 then anything you want on games.

4. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    Just an FYI Krash - lil 66 is only 10 months old = I wouldn't count her in your total count for discounted tickets = sorry

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey, Krash, my fiancee and I might be going to the Rock and Roll hall of fame after the exhibit and D&B's. Do you know how late they are open on Saturdays and how much those tickets cost?

EDIT: Wait never mind. I found it. Sheesh, they're only open until 5:30pm? Strange for a museum like that. And wow those ticket prices are steep at $18 for adults (children $11).

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    And wow those ticket prices are steep at $18 for adults...now you see why I suggested not going to the Rock Hall. It's nice, when there is a special exhibit (John Lennon, Pop Stars)...but it's not a place we locals would go to (unless you're taking family from out of town)

Attention Pittsburgh "younglings"...I managed to get "complimentary" game cards (good for some of the less expensive games) that are good for one game. Since you guys are on a limited budget (more then the rest of us)...I wanted to help lessen the pain on your allowance. When we get there, I'll pass them around for everyone.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Hey, aren't we your family from out of town... J/K ;)

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    aren't we your family from out of town
    Yes, "from a certain point of view"...but WRHS and D&B will be plenty of fun. Besides, if you'd played along with our bet (Pittsburgh/Browns game) you might have gotten in (on me) ;)

9. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    D&B's is quite fun. We have one here in Pittsburgh. Thankfully my POWER card will work at yours as well.

Note: to those that have D&B's Power card. You have to first go to the front desk and let them know your from out of town with another location's card. They will do what's cald a RoamIt. This enables the info from your card to be transferred to their location and your purchases and gameplay are recorded there. However, once you get back to your typical location you must have them RoamIT your card as well to get the info from the place you visited. It's not complicated. I was assured that this process only takes about 20 seconds per card. This is a good feature if your a frequent player. It will help to build your points to be a "gold" member (NOT the Austin Powers movie, get your mind outta there, J/K ;) ) if your not already. Being a gold member, allows you to receive extra credits for the money you spend there.

10. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    The trip up went well bebides getting there via Erie. Upon arrival those who were going in costume finished changing and and introductions were made. THe Starfighter exibit was neat to see again, the mueseam it was in was also neat to see. There was a room that looked like a room in the palace from TPM. The Dr. Suess exibit was enjoyed by all. After wards we all went over to D&B for dinner and gaming. The food was good the service was not. We all enjoyed the games and then around 7:30 we said our good byes and left for home. Over all it was a very fun trip and i can't wait to do it again!

here is a page w/ the pics I took.

My pics

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Nice pics Josh. I really liked the dual FF group shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.