Art of the Starfighter @ WRHS event - UPDATE

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Dunno if I can go or not (too late to request the day off from my job) but if you guys are going toy hunting, don't go to Wal-Mart on Brookpark rd (where I work) because their toy selection has gone to crap. A few old figures and lightsabers is all they have. Although I did snatch a cool Jango Fett Room Alarm (originally $40) on clearance for $10. I'll let you all know before the event if there's good clearance stuff!
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Never fear, new toys are on the way. I have found all of the new wave here in the Burgh so you folks should have them shortly. As I mentioned to Krash in a PM, we should be cool with going to a place in the suburbs to eat as long as that's reasonably accessible to the road we need to take to get back to Pittsburgh.

I do know that some of us will be in costume, but don't know if we'll have enough time to help in shooting for your film. I'll pass that along to my group.
    Oh yeah, and the rest of us should have our Pittsburgh FanForce T-shirts on.

You don't have to get hung up on the "toy hunt" as there will only be a small number of us who would be looking for toys.

I do ask that for a place to eat to keep it to a minimum for finances. As Krash mentioned we as well have 18 and under in our group and we have to think of their funds as well. I put it out there on our boards, that at a minimum each person should bring $30. This allows for admission, food and gas. Do you all think that's reasonable? (Of course they can bring more and the $30 does not account for any souvenirs they might want.)

Well, I can say that we are anxiously anticpating our dual meeting with you fine folk. Browns/Steelers aside we're all SW fans so you (and we) can't be all that bad....

Someone please remember to bring a camera. We want lots of pics. I'll be asking my fellow members as well.

Well, ttyl and see you on the 5th.

?Sal
  3. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
  4. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm almost positive that the Rib Crib can accomodate a 15 person group, but I'll call and check for you guys. And I have a take out menu, so if I see any of you guys before then, I'll try to remember it. But I think that the most expensive thing on the menu is like $20, and that's for a full rack of baby back ribs.
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Where is WRHS?
    WRHS directions

It's in University Circle, near the Art Museum/Natural History Museum.

So the question becomes...after the museum, what do we do? Because Pittsburgh (and ourselves) have a number of younglings, we need to keep the costs as reasonable as possible (which I'm in favor of right now also)

Winking Lizard has some fairly reasonable prices (and a variety of food choices), and "Big Fun" for the toy-hunters among us. Candii's idea of Ribs Crib sounds good (do they have more then ribs?)...we'll have to get more info on them.
  6. JediCandii Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, they have more than ribs. They also have things like ham, turkey, and sandwiches. I highly recommend the turkey, it's really good. And here's an idea: since you'll be so close, why don't you just go to Collector's Warehouse? It's a little on the expensive side, but they have some really cool stuff. It's not all SW, though, it's also go a bunch of sports stuff and movie posters.
  7. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Do they have anything for vegetarians? I'd like to have more than fries... I know places like Applebee's and the Winking Lizard are good cuz they have things like Caesar salad w/ shrimp and whatnot.
  8. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Eric, I forgot that shrimp was a vegetable! 8-}
  9. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not one of those strict vegetarians... I am trying to lose weight (I dunno how counter-productive it is to drink all the beer I received as a gift for my 21st) and that's why I do it... not for "humane" reasons. So I eat cheese, tuna, shrimp, and things like that... I'm not a vegan.
  10. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Edit: comment no longer required.
  11. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    If Kim didn't say it, I sure would have. :p :D
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    EDIT: After some private discussions, Eric...could you please step down from the "EDITED vegitarian" comment? I really don't want this blowing up (THANK YOU ERIC)

Pittsburgh is really leaving it up to us to decide where to go afterwards. I still ike the idea of places like Winking Lizard, Damons, TGI Fridays...because they offer selections to both carnivores and herbivores alike. Plus, we're going to want places where we can be social...without spending alot of cash.
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm happy wherever you all decide to go. :D
  14. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    The comment was changed to strict. Now Rosie and Krash, you can both edit your posts so that the word is removed altogether. Sorry if any offense was taken, it wasn't intended.
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    EDIT: New developments in Pittsburgh have caused them to request we postpone our multi-fanforce event. I'm sorry for the inconvience to everyone's schedule plans, but they still want to meet up with us.

As always, we are all free to go (on our own time) and welcome to go with the group...when Pittsburgh arrives; as we will be doing more then just the WRHS.

We can continue working out the details, and the eventual April meeting will allow us to organize things in-person.

Always in motion the future is!
  16. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhaps we could do a solo trip while Rosie is in town? She was fun to hang out with at X-Mas.
  17. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I was thinking we should still go... I mean we've had this planned for weeks now... and just because Pittsburgh might not come doesn't mean we all shouldn't still do it if we're free.
  18. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not saying we ditch Pittsburgh and go without them, just that we go with Rosie while she's in town. Plus this'll give us a better idea of how much there is to see.
  19. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would love to go, of course. But I'd feel kind of bad having an entire trip planned around me. If some of you wanted to go when I'm home for spring break though, I'd certainly tag along. :)
  20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Master

star 3
    Don't mean to sound all rude but this works out great for me! I wasn't able to get the day off in time, so if you guys are planning another day to go, can I get a tentative date so I can request it off from my job?
  21. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Sounds like a plan to me...we go, then when Pittsburgh comes up, we (and anyone who can't make it this time) go with them.
  22. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm :confused:.
    Does that mean we're on for April 5th or not?
  23. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I say we go! There is some chance Detroit may come down for the day...and they're talking about wanting to go to a Dave and Busters (we've got a Dave and Busters)

Does anyone else sense this could still work out after all?
  24. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd still be willing to go assuming myself, Will, Drew, and any other of us guys don't get deployed to Iraq before then.
  25. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Eric, don't talk that way!

I'm still up for it... my mom is "iffy".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.