main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

article in MJS on

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Red_Jedi_Knight, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    okay on May 17, 2002 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had an article about about the credits of the people playing in star wars. Hayden for life as a house, Natalie was where the heart is but ewan this is what they wrote for ewan
    "Ewan McGregor, who plays Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, was decidedly less noble as a heroin junkie in "Trainspotting" (1996, Miramax)."
    now is it just me or could they have found something a bit more recent that might have put him in a more positive light like maybe moulin rouge or black hawk down? but no they had to pull his first major movie in the states!! i'm probably the only one who is upset with this but i just wanted the rest of you to know how they look at him and i realy don't know why. he's a good actor! oh well here's the link for the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/onwisconsin/movies/video/may02/43737.asp

Red*

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Maybe they were trying to show range, from being a junkie to being a noble knight. I would think that his roll in Moulin Rouge would be the one to point out since it's recent, and a bigger part (I assume. I haven't seen it, and couldn't sit through all of Trainspotting. Once people crawl in a toilet, I'm ready to stop watching). At least it wasn't "Blue Juice" that they listed. Though, if they were listing for the sake of range, could have mentioned Portman as a would-be hitwoman in The Professional.

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Maybe they were going for breakout roles. I don't see how Natalie's is "Where The Heart Is" though. I would have said it was "The Professional". Besides, I've noticed that some of the MJS writers don't have a clue what they're writing about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.