main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Articulation

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Fleeboy, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    The coming of the well articulated VOTC figs made me ponder a few things about articulation...

In the vintage line, did ALL figs have 5 points of articulation (neck, shoulders, legs)? Or were there some that had more?

What was the first fig that had more than 5 points of articulation?

Is there any figure that has more than 12 points of articulation? Top of my head, the figure with the most articulation I can think of is Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon, and that only had eleven. =P

.... I actually have more questions about articulation and figures but I think these will do for the moment... hehehe... =)

Thanks to anyone to knows the answer to these questions. =P

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    The only vintage figure I can recall having more than 5 points of articulation would be FX-7, since his(its?) head went up and down and rotated, and he had like 10 arms going around his body that also went up and down. So I guess that makes 12 points... :D

Other than that I don't think any had more than the 5 points. If any should have had more, it would have to have been the Biker Scout as he looked pretty lame sitting on the bike with his legs straight out forward.

3. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Articulation, to me, is very important. In the case of many figures, it is not necessary. But others benefit from it greatly... especially the more action-oriented figures. I'm not to keen on the vintage line, since I don't own but one vintage figure.

With the VOTC figures, the thought of having a loose collection of them is intriguing. However, if I'm going to pay $10 (mostly for the packaging) of these figures, I'm definitely not going to open them. For that price I'll just stick to the HOF versions of the same characters that I already have.

4. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    Ahhh yes. i remember that Biker scout... poor guy looks a bit retarded the way he "sits" on his vehicle. As for FX-7, I guess you're right on him being the only fig in the vintage line with more than 5 points of articulation. I can't think of any other either.

It appears that the POTF2 figs either have only 5 or 6 points of articulation. 10 years after the first power of the force figs that's the best they could do. =S

My BIGGEST peeve is the POTJ Biker Scout. The bloody guy is supposed to sit on a speederbike, hence the name BIKER scout. And still they didn't give him bendable knees. I already have three speederbikes, and I don't wanna buy one more just so I can have a bikerscout with bendable knees. >:-|

With the VOTC figures, the thought of having a loose collection of them is intriguing. I totally agree there. I was toying (no pun intended) with the idea of getting 2 of each VOTC fig, one to open and one for display. But at the possible price these will retail at, I figured I have enough opened figs already to play with. =)

5. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I know there is a figure that has more articulation than the Pit of Carkoon Boba Fett. The SA Clone Trooper from the Clone Wars line has more than him. It has like 20 points of articulation.

6. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Too bad nobody has ever seen one :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.