main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ARTIST Chris Woods’ Museum Exhibition of Star Wars-Inspired Paintings: ‘SANDSTORM’

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chris Woods ARTIST, Oct 12, 2012.

?

Was Darth Vader the Real Hero of the Star Wars Trilogy?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2012.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. Chris Woods ARTIST

Chris Woods ARTIST Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2012
    Fellow Star Wars Fans,

I have just launched a www.indiegogo.com campaign to fund the production and museum exhibition of my upcoming series of 14 epic-scale, Star Wars-themed paintings titled: SANDSTORM.

Please drop by: www.indiegogo.com/sandstorm for details.

SANDSTORM, is scheduled to show in the summer of 2013, at 'The Reach Gallery Museum' in Abbotsford, BC, Canada. www.thereach.ca

SANDSTORM will be my first solo-show of paintings in a museum setting and it will depict the events of the original Star Wars Trilogy as seen from Darth Vader's, darkened perspective.

You can learn more at indiegogo.com/sandstorm with videos, links, pics, and an exhibition, project-outline.

I really need your help guys and you would be supporting a true-blue fan of the Original Trilogy.

I was born in 1970 and Star Wars has been my guiding 'force' since I was 7. It’s always there.

Thanks,
    Best Regards,
    Chris

2. castewar

castewar Jedi Master

Nov 6, 2003
    Hi, hoping you can help - had a look at your campaign page and had a couple of questions.
    I wanted to know more about the mixed-media print ($50) - is this a special piece, or, like, a test print, or... I'm not sure I understand what it is.
    And what is the difference between the $25 perk and the $100 perk? At first glance, the $25 sounds better as it says custom, but the $100 is a rough of one of the pieces you're making? If I understand, that's pretty cool - I guess it comes down to if people prefer a piece made just for them or a piece related to the final art.

Thanks! Sorry to bother - was hoping to find out before the campaign ends. Good luck!

3. Chris Woods ARTIST

Oct 12, 2012
    The mixed-media print will be a limited, unnumbered (about 100) run of prints done especially for this indiegogo campaign. I will hand paint elements on the paper and then a silk-screen print of Vader will be done over top. The $100 drawings will not be 'studies' for the final paintings. They are just 'b-sides' of the scenes and characters that I did not find interesting enough to make it into the paintings. I can take requests on ALL incentive options of course. Thanks for the queries! Hope it helps. Cheers,

Chris

4. castewar

castewar Jedi Master

Nov 6, 2003
    Cool! And I don't want to abuse the perk, but how much can we request? Like, can you do me? (I would loooove to swap my avatar to an art piece version of it, if that could be done.) The perk says we can request a SW character, but can we at least - even if you retain the right to say no way, too much - to ask for something unique or personal or what have you?

I only wish I could afford one of the final pieces...

5. Chris Woods ARTIST

Oct 12, 2012
    You can indeed have your self included in a drawing. All I need is a decent high-res photo of you. Then just tell me what you want the subject of the drawing to be and where you fit in. It's just that easy! Thanks.

6. castewar

castewar Jedi Master

Nov 6, 2003
    Cool!
    I think this might... might... be my favorite of your proposed pieces.

7. Chris Woods ARTIST

Oct 12, 2012
    Thanks man. I appreciate it! I must say I agree. Cheers,

Chris