Beyond - Legends Artoo's Frazzled Circuits - L/M, Artoo - Romance, Humour

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Nov 16, 2010.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: Artoo's Frazzled Circuits
    Genre: Romance, Humour, extended scene
    Characters: L/M, Artoo
    Timeframe: VotF
    Summary: Artoo's reaction to Luke's marriage proposal.
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars Universe does not belong to me (unfortunately). I just play in it.
    Author's Notes: *text* means Artoo is ranting; *TEXT* means Artoo is ranting loudly. Italic means quotes from Vision of the Future.
    This bunny bit me hard and wouldn?t let go until I wrote it down.

Special thanks to Jade eyes for betaing, advising and for the title. @};- [:D] @};-

------------------------------------------------------

"Mara... will you marry me?"
    "You mean if we get out of here alive?"
    "I mean regardless."
    "I will."

Luke smiled when he heard her answer and in his smile held all the joy that was filling his heart. He raised his hand to caress her cheek and, as the touch of his hand sent sparks through her veins, Mara leaned in to him and touched his lips with her own.

Even though Luke was surprised by Mara's forthcomingness in accepting and kissing him so willingly, he took full advantage of the situation, encircling her waist with his arms and bringing her closer as he deepened the kiss, then tipping her so she was placed with her back comfortably across his lap.

They were interrupted by an abrupt series of whistles and assorted chimes, as Artoo bounced his short cylindrical frame left and right.

Artoo was still trying to get rid of all the water that had found its way in to his many hidden compartments while his human companions assessed their situation. Despite the loss of his datapad, he had successfully transmitted to them his observation that the water level inside the cave was rising.

As Artoo expelled one final gush of water, along with a dead little fire creeper, Artoo noticed that the tone of their conversation had changed. They were still sitting on the balcony, but now they were looking into each other's eyes and their voices were lower, as if whispering.

Then Artoo caught the thread of the conversation. "… Will you marry me?"

Artoo couldn't believe his own auditory sensors. The kid was proposing marriage to the red head! Seriously! Now! At a time like this! That boy was as unreasonable as his father had been.

"I will." What? Mara Jade, the personification of practicality, was going along with it?

And then they started to touch each other and to exhibit the kind of behavior Artoo had come to associate with the foreplay of mating rituals.

That was it! Artoo decided he had to put an end to that untimely behavior. He proceeded to express his irritation towards the two beings in front of him.

*WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? YOU TWO SHOULD BE THINKING OF A WAY OF GETTING US OUT OF HERE, NOT EXCHANGING FLUIDS! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!*

It didn't even occur to Artoo that his companions couldn't understand a word of what he was ranting about.

*If I wasn't here to watch over you two, you'd be kesseled!*

"What do you think got in to him?" Mara asked, both surprised and puzzled at the little droid's outburst.

Luke shrugged and answered: "Water?"

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you have has much fun reading this has I had imagining it.
    Last edited by Hazel, Sep 8, 2012
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Enjoyed so much Artoo's "ranting" [face_laugh]

Luke's proposing and he and Mara kissing each other senseless [face_dancing]

And I do really LOVE that title [face_laugh]

[:D]

3. DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Master

star 5
    About catching of errors... if I see 'em, I say something. [:D] to you for writing in a language not your own.

Artoo couldn?t believe his own auditory sensors. The kid was proposing marriage to the red head! Seriously! Now! At a time like this! That boy was as unreasonable as his father had been.

Ah, Artoo... [face_laugh] (Love, loved Artoo's POV of that moment!)
  4. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic & Costuming/Props Manager

Manager
    star 5
    That was great [face_laugh]

I loved Artoo's point of view and his ranting.

And then they started to touch each other and to exhibit the kind of behavior Artoo had come to associate with the foreplay of mating rituals. [face_laugh]

I just about fell off of my chair laughing at that point.
  5. PonyTricks Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! It's only fair if H/L have Threepio constantly interrupting them, that Artoo should interrupt L/M! :D Very funny!
  6. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Poor Artoo has had such an...interesting life. I think his sense of humor is just a defense mechanism, or else he'd be just as nervous as Threepio!

Very cute story!

This makes me want to go reread Vision of the Future...lol....
  7. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
  8. Tarsier Jedi Master

star 3
    Artoo couldn?t believe his own auditory sensors. The kid was proposing marriage to the red head! Seriously! Now! At a time like this! That boy was as unreasonable as his father had been.

?I will.? What? Mara Jade, the personification of practicality, was going along with it?

That was pretty much my reaction to that scene in VotF.

Cute story! A fun glimpse into the mind of Artoo.
  9. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi all! Thanks for reading. :*

Jade eyes - That title is REALLY great, thanks again. And I learned a new word. @};-

DaenaBenjen, JediMara and FelsGoddess - Poor Artoo, he has been cursed with putting up with two generations of Skywalker men. They should raise a statue in his honor. :)

PonyTricks - I believe Luke and Mara didn?t get any action on their way back to Coruscant because Artoo had too much fun interrupting them. [face_laugh]

Tarsier ? I think that, although that was a strange time for a marriage proposal, the idea there was to make their feelings for each other ?official? in case they didn?t make it out alive. [face_thinking]
  10. dm1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Absolutely, and Artoo is so much more fun anyway! [face_laugh]
  11. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Absolutely, Artoo is such a wonderful character.
  12. kataja Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was funny!

Nice work! =D= :D
  13. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Kataja!

Glad you liked it.
  14. Jadestar28 Jedi Youngling

That was really cute. Artoo's ranting was priceless [face_laugh].

Plus Luke and Mara kissing is always a good thing [face_love]. Loved it!
  15. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you, Jadestar! @};-

16. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Uping this because it directly relates to my diary and also testing the Edit mode. Guess what - It works! :D
  17. Jedi_Lover Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How come I never seen this before? Oh 2010...I think I was still trapped in that rabbit hole I fell in back then. Awesome story! You know, I had just started thinking about writing an evil viggie about that same exact scene. I actually opened a Word document, but then decided I needed to think about it more and I also realized I was just going to do it to avoid writing the bootknocking scene in Waru. o_O I love reading bootknocking, but hate writing it.

Very nice story!!
  18. Jedi_Lover Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heads-up...I'm going to steal this idea of a droid commenting on human pre-mating rituals for my fanfic.;)
  19. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
  20. AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Very cute! I always knew that the little one had temperament. :D
  21. Lady_Misty Jedi Master

star 4
  22. Hazel Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, Jedi_Lover, Azure Angel2 and Lady_Misty. [:D]
  23. pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This was so much fun! Artoo is too funny [face_laugh]
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  24. Jedi_Lover Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can I nag you into writing Artoo's thoughts about that walk through the forest of Myrkr?! Poor Artoo is being dragged around by Luke while Mara holds him at blaster point. I bet he had a thought or two about the situation. LOL!
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  25. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Bah ha ha ha.... How did I miss this??

Poor R2, he just doesn't understand! But you have to admit... he kinda has a point! :p

Love it!
    Hazel likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade