Saga Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: The OT Diary [2012 Dear Diary Challenge] - COMPLETED on 21/Dec

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 2, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    »» It is now our first priority to find and rescue Captain Solo and I know none here will rest until we do. Hopefully, it will not take too long, since the war rages on with or without us.

»» May the Force be with Captain Solo and with all of us also.

He can be so sweet, thoughtful & supportive!
    Hazel likes this.
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
  3. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tag List - part 2: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @Lady_Misty @jcgoble3 @Valiowk

Now, lets go to Jabba's:

Entry Nineteen

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 39:3:12 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Tatooine
    SITUATION » Infiltrating Jabba the Hutt's palace.

»» SITUATION UPDATE: So, here are C-3PO and myself, once again strolling through the sands of Tatooine (sizzling circuits, how I hate this place!), only this time we are not in search of a Jedi Master, we are preparing to take our designated positions in the plot to rescue Captain Solo. But maybe, I should explain: after almost one standard year of searching for Captain Solo, we were finally informed that Boba Fett had collected the Captain's bounty from Jabba which could only mean he had finally delivered Solo to the Hutt. Seriously, how the hell did Fett take this much time to get to Tatooine is beyond me. Maybe there's some truth to that rumor I picked up on the Holonet about him and that Twi'lek starlet. But that is not important. As soon as the intel reached the Princess' ear, off we came back to Tatooine. The only one less thrilled than me about being here would, of course, be Master Luke who spent most of his life trying to get away; and C-3PO, who is making his complaints more than acute; and Chewbacca, who keeps ranting something about sand and fur not going well together. Well, basically the only one who was excited about this trip is the Princess, which only confirms that she had never set foot in this hell-hot sand-bucket before.

»» And while we are here playing sandtroopers, Vader and the Emperor are out there building a new Death Star – oh, joy!

»» Well... here we are, better knock. C-3PO, be a good protocol droid and knock on the door now.

»» Okay, here we go. Hmmm, maybe Master Luke should have clued Threepio in on the plan.

»» I have now decided that this is my least favorite place. Better deliver Master Luke's message and get the plan moving, so we can get out of here.

»» We definitely should have clued C-3PO in on the plan. Now he's freaking out after hearing the message. I would try to comfort him, but as per usual, he won't listen to me.

»» Oh, my! They torture droids here. I hope Master Luke hurries.

»» Hey, where are you taking me? I'm supposed to stay close to the center of the action. How am I supposed to watch over Threepio and out for Master Luke way over here?

»» I so bleeping hate this place.

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
    earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love his complaints about Tatooine. Treepio is hilarious too.
    Waiting for the next part;)
    Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  5. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] Love the snarky comments about jabba and also sand in inconvenient places
  6. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Love it. Love it, love it, love it![face_love] Especially his line about Leia being the only one excited for the Tatooine trip, which could only mean she was the only one who hadn't been there before. [face_laugh] For some reason, that was read in my head with How to Train Your Dragon's Hiccup's voice....
  7. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5

Oh R2. I think you have captured (almost) everyone's sentiments about the place.

Great entry!
  8. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Maybe there is something on Tatooine Leia wants more than anybody else...like a gold bikini to die for...or Han. Both are good.
  9. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    R2 reads tabloids?!? Or does he read just the covers? I will admit that I find some amusement in reading the covers of the gossip rags.

They aren't the nicest people in Jabba's Palace. Even though he spent some years in Gardulla's place there can't be much of a difference between the two.
    Hazel likes this.
  10. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Like Lady_Misty, I never knew Artoo was so interested in gossip! :p

I was beginning to wonder if there was actually anybody more thrilled to be back on Tatooine than Artoo when I remembered that Leia hadn't been there before... :D

I see there's a good reason why the protocol droid is the one assigned the task of knocking on the door... :p
    Last edited by Valiowk, Nov 10, 2012
    Hazel likes this.
  11. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    »» Seriously, how the hell did Fett take this much time to get to Tatooine is beyond me. Maybe there's some truth to that rumor I picked up on the Holonet about him and that Twi'lek starlet.

LOL! So Artoo reads the tabloids. I don't think I want to know what a droid finds interesting about them.

»» We definitely should have clued C-3PO in on the plan. Now he's freaking out after hearing the message. I would try to comfort him, but as per usual, he won't listen to me.

Poor Threepio. Always out of the loop.

»» Oh, my! They torture droids here. I hope Master Luke hurries.

Even Artoo can have second thoughts.

»» Hey, where are you taking me? I'm supposed to stay close to the center of the action. How am I supposed to watch over Threepio and out for Master Luke way over here?

How does an astromech droid express frustration?

I don't think anybody loves that place except Jabba himself.

Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by jcgoble3, Nov 10, 2012
    Hazel likes this.
  12. lukemaraben Jedi Master

star 1
    Loved this!!! LOL Leia's the only one excited...I bet I could guess why ;).

I'm coming in late on this, but could you please tag me!
    Hazel likes this.
  13. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Now now, guys, Artoo doesn't really enjoy reading the tabloids, he just feels it's important to know what's going on in the galaxy so that he can add the information to his records. :p
    Thanks everybody! [:D]
    Let me know if you want to be added to or removed from the Tag List. Also, let me know if you did not get your tag.
  14. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tag List - part 2: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @Lady_Misty @lukemaraben @jcgoble3 @Valiowk

Entry Twenty

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 39:3:13 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Jabba the Hutt's palace, Tatooine
    SITUATION » Standing-by.

»» SITUATION UPDATE: Master Luke's plan does not seem to be going well at all. Last night, after C-3PO and I got separated, the Princess arrived with Chewbacca pretending to be a bounty hunter collecting the price on the Wookiee's head. The plan was to stand-by and wait for Master Luke's arrival, but the dormant Skywalker genes within the Princess activated and she decided to rescue Captain Solo herself. Needless to say, her attempt failed. She is now chained to the Hutt's hover-throne and wearing a rather exotic outfit. As for the Captain, he has been released from his carbonite prison and is being held in an actual dungeon along with Chewbacca. At least, Lando Calrissian's cover remains intact. As for myself, I have been assigned to bardroid duty. I am somewhat pleased with my assignment since it allows me to stay near the throne room and keep my visual receptor on C-3PO and the Princess. I just wish the beings here stopped throwing their drinks on me. I don't make them, I just distribute. It's not my fault they're terrible.

»» Hey, who is that dancer chatting with Threepio in the corner? » EXTEND AUDITORY SENSOR ARRAY » Why is she so interested in Master Luke? I hope Threepio keeps his blabber mouth shut.

»» Oh, Master Luke has arrived. Master Luke, be careful, the Hutts do not appreciate Jedi mind tricks.

»» OH NO!!! He has fallen into the rancor pit. WATCH OUT!

»» Thank the Force, Anakin-Junior has inherited the reckless/lucky Skywalker gene and managed to deal with the rancor without too much trouble.

»» And now he is being sentenced to death by being eaten alive by a Sarlacc along with Captain Solo and Chewbacca. Seriously, can this plan go any worse?

»» RECORD OFFICIAL STATEMENT » Anakin-Junior is the worst strategist in the galaxy.

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
    Last edited by Hazel, Nov 17, 2012
  15. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] But he's awesome with a lightsaber -- ahem [face_laugh] -- [:D]
    Hazel likes this.
  16. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    ROFL![face_rofl]

Hmm... I wonder if Artoo will recognize this 'dancer's' voice later on....;)
    Hazel likes this.
  17. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    We will find out if I get around to writing next year's diary - the TTT diary.
    Last edited by Hazel, Nov 17, 2012
    Jade_eyes and Jedi_Lover like this.
  18. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke's not that bad of a strategist. Anakin Senior as Artoo puts it sometimes goes by the seat of his pants and other times he plans out the battle.
    Hazel likes this.
  19. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, no. Being a substitute teacher takes a toll. Missed two of your glorious updates. Can THIS go any worse? But well, I caught up with our little droid friend. Cannot believe that we entered the RotJ period already. Will you also write on when we enter EU waters? Pretty please?
    Hazel likes this.
  20. lukemaraben Jedi Master

star 1
    Wonderful entry. Can't wait for the next one!
    Hazel likes this.
  21. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    There are a fee other readers that have been clamoring for Artoo's diary during the Thrawn Trilogy. I might do it for next year's challenge, if my muse cooperates.
    Don't worry about being behind. As long as you catch up eventually, it's all good. :)
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah for considering writing that! Perhaps you can lure MsLanna/ Etain back with such a stunt. Right now she is as busy as I am, but I know she loves a jolly good story still.

[:D]

I myself find writing always re-creative, when I find the time. NaNo thingy is hard work though...
    Hazel likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Love this entry with Artoo and his peek into the business of a Hutt. And his comments about the Skywalkers[face_laugh]
    Hazel likes this.
  24. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    LOL! I totally agree. I mean they had years to come up with a plan and that was it? Really? Obviously, Yoda didn't teach Luke much about tactics. Okay it could have been worse I guess. Luke could have dressed up as a Pizza delivery guy... wait a second...I just got a plot bunny for a PWP story.

Nice update.
    Jade_eyes, Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  25. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    »» RECORD OFFICIAL STATEMENT » Anakin-Junior is the worst strategist in the galaxy.

Oh, I don't know... "When outnumbered, attack with a stick of light that reflects energy blasts" worked pretty well... Loving Artoo's POV, Hazel. Hee. :)
    Hazel likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade