Saga Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: The OT Diary [2012 Dear Diary Challenge] - COMPLETED on 21/Dec

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 2, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tag List - part 2: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @Lady_Misty @lukemaraben @jcgoble3 @Valiowk

Entry Twenty-Four

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 39:3:24 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Forest Moon of Endor.
    SITUATION » Happily hiking through the forest.

»» So, here we are, making our way towards the shield generator. I have to state, I kind of like it here despite all the fallen branches that hinder my advance. It's pretty and the temperature and humidity are comfortable for my circuitry. It's also very peaceful.

»» Of course, I should have known better than to comment on this place's peacefulness because here come the bleeping troopers to jinx this party. And there go the twins after them – definitely their parents' children.

»» And now we're separated. Bleeping kids!

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

»» A couple of hours later, Anakin-Junior came back but the Princess did not, so now we have to go look for her. Why does someone always needs rescuing in this group?

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

»» After another couple of hours, our searches have led us to a primitive trap, which we were kind enough to trip. It is time to once again prove my usefulness and cut through the cords and release us.

»» Success! We are now free, although the others were not very pleased to fall from such height. Naturally, as soon as we were freed, another problem presented itself. We found ourselves surrounded by primitive beings resembling children's toys. However, they are not as cuddly as they appear and have taken all of us prisoner. Well not all of us, they seem to under be under the impression that C-3PO is a god - which only proves how primitive they really are. Or, maybe not so primitive, since despite their belief in C-3PO's deity, they do not pay any attention to what he says. So, now we find ourselves being restrained, despite C-3PO's protests.

»» The good news is, we found the princess.

»» The bad news is, the cutesy bears are preparing to cook us.

»» How come I can't go anywhere without someone trying to turn me into food? I'M NOT EATABLE!

»» Fortunately, Anakin-Junior finally decided that enough was enough and pulled a Jedi stunt to convince the cuddly bears to release us. He made C-3PO fly. Needless to say, my counterpart was not happy. I can sympathize, I lost count of how many times Anakin-Junior pulled that stunt on me. But, the stunt worked and we were released.

»» The rest of the day was spent in a joyous feast, in which we were NOT the main course. C-3PO, naturally, provided the entertainment. By the end of the feast, we were declared members of the tribe. Oh joy, just what I always aspired to.

»» It was just before I shut down for the night that I noticed that Master Luke was no longer with us. I am assuming he has gone to confront his father and wish he had taken me along. But he didn't and now I cannot be of assistance to him. I can only wish him the best and may the Force be with him.

»» I hope Anakin-Senior behaves himself this time.

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
  3. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    :D Liked very much the commentary on Endor in general ;) Ewoks in particular LOL =D= on the serious tone at the end as Luke takes off to do what Artoo doubtless believes is something incredibly reckless. :p
    Hazel likes this.
  4. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Can't help but chuckle knowing that Han and Artoo share the same thoughts at being named honorary ewoks! [face_laugh]

I loved his line about jinxing the peace. Quite accurate there! But this has to be my favorite:

[face_laugh]
    Lady_Misty, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    The joys of being a droid.

Endor is pretty. It reminds me somewhat of the woods on the property. Of course Endor was filmed on the West Coast and I live on the East Coast.

The Ewoks have been called Teddy Bears before and you can see it as well.

I don't think that R2 will ever like it when beings use the Force to move him around.

Well it looks like R2 is still getting trouble from Skywalkers.

I think when R2 gets the news that Anakin Senior died saving his son R2 will be sad to know that his friend is gone.

Hey, R2 should tell Luke and Leia their Mother's name ASAP. None of that nonsense from DNT where he refused to tell them anything. There are numerous mistakes. One of them being that if R2 saw Anakin choking Padme there is no way that he would just stand and record all of it. R2 would have been racing across the platform proverbially screaming at Anakin to stop.
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  6. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    @Lady_Misty - I wish I could have Artoo tell them, but thia is canon so I can't. I think the only explanation as to why Artoo didn't try to stop Anakin but still knew what happened is that he extracted the imaves from some security system Luke he did with the images of the younglings being slaughtered by Anakin :(
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    According to the Swarm War he watched the whole thing and then tried to move Padme when Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight took them away from the platfomr. Troy Denning said that R2 was on the platform for the whole thing.
  8. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh yeah.... i forgot about that. I tend to forget the idiotic stuff.
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    *blinks* Misty, Hazel! You're kidding, right? He was there for the whole thing ... gah but that's being more or less an accessory to a crime or a bystander who could've done something - at least tried :p :frustrated:
    Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  10. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Just another case of poor plotting. :rolleyes:
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Poor plotting in star wars?! Nooooo, never! :rolleyes:

Always great chapter. I loved this part:

»» How come I can't go anywhere without someone trying to turn me into food? I'M NOT EATABLE!
    Lady_Misty, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    love the observations about the children's toys uh ewoks. And his comment on the twins.

A nice update and waiting for the next one
    Hazel likes this.
  13. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    The bad news is, the cutesy bears are preparing to cook us.

[face_rofl] Poor Artoo!! He must look tasty!!!

And I love that end line about Anakin Sr. behaving himself. LOL!!! Artoo is a hoot!!
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  14. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    »» I hope Anakin-Senior behaves himself this time.

There is always a (new) hope out there. [face_sigh]
    Hazel likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    I only watched ROTS a couple times, but was Anakin actually touching Padme? Wasn't he using the Force to choke her? And if I recall she was facing away from the ramp...so maybe Artoo didn't know exactly what was happening.

Very nice update. I like the part where Artoo talks about the primitive Ewoks and C3PO. :p
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Dec 15, 2012
  16. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Cuddly bears thinking that C-3PO is a god - this was a fun mental image! I too loved the last line about Anakin-senior behaving himself. Artoo has outdone himself in his storytelling in this chapter! :)
    Hazel likes this.
  17. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4

R2 went with Anakin to Mustafar. So he wouldn't have been on Padme's ship.
  18. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Come on Lady_Misty, help me out. ;) I'm trying to give poor Artoo an alibi. Jade_eyes is talking about bringing him up on charges of accessory to murder! :eek:

Although did Anakin really kill her? Can you be convicted of breaking a person's heart? I would like to see the CSI show proving that.

"CSI Mustafar!" [play the 'Who are you' music]
    Last edited by Jedi_Lover, Dec 15, 2012
  19. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    The whole point is that if R2 had been on the platform he would have intervened.

No doubt he was elsewhere and 3PO called out for him.
    Hazel likes this.
  20. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry, I just remembered to check for alerts for the first time in a week and found 10 of them. (I usually access the forums via a direct post link in a watched topic notification and rarely stay long, so I often don't see the top bar where the alerts are.)

»» Of course, I should have known better than to comment on this place's peacefulness because here come the bleeping troopers to jinx this party. And there go the twins after them – definitely their parents' children.

»» And now we're separated. Bleeping kids!

I think I may have said it before, but I'll say it again: The use of "bleeping" is perfect for Artoo.

»» A couple of hours later, Anakin-Junior came back but the Princess did not, so now we have to go look for her. Why does someone always needs rescuing in this group?

Answer: They're Skywalkers. I'd be more concerned if they didn't need rescuing because that would mean that they're not doing what they're supposed to: saving the galaxy.

»» After another couple of hours, our searches have led us to a primitive trap, which we were kind enough to trip. It is time to once again prove my usefulness and cut through the cords and release us.

Note that he takes the time to make a diary entry before releasing them from the trap. Artoo needs to get his priorities straight.

Keep 'em coming!
    Last edited by jcgoble3, Dec 19, 2012
    Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  21. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tag List - part 2: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @Lady_Misty @lukemaraben @jcgoble3 @Valiowk

Alright, this time I'm posting early and I'm posting the 2 last entries, mainly because I need to concentrate on next year's diary and on this little fic I just started posting. I hope you all had as much fun reading as I had writing Artoo's entries.

The next Artoo's diary will be set during the Thrawn Trilogy and I hope to start posting in the first weekend of January.

Thank you all so much for your support and great reviews. [:D] :* [:D]

And now, let's wrap this thing.

Entry Twenty-Five

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 39:3:25 GrS
    SITUATION » Preparing to raid the generator's bunker.

»» Today we attack the bunker. The Ewoks have pledged their help to us (apparently they do not like the Empire either, it scares away their game). Captain Solo will lead the attack and we are optimistic that we will prevail.

»» We are now standing-by just beyond the back entrance to the bunker. We are aware that above us, the Rebel fleet is about to engage the Death Star. Time is of the essence. I will know focus on the task at hand and, Force willing, will update this entry after we are victorious.

»» I will now dedicate my full resources to the mission.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

»» SITUATION UPDATE: And that was that. Of course we were successful, but not without a few scares along the way. First, the Princess, the Captain and the others managed to get caught inside the bunker and it was up to me (predictable aren't they?), C-3PO and our furry little friends to rescue them (ironic, I know), then I was again needed to open the bunker's blast-doors, and that's all I remember. You see, I was shot. AGAIN! Next thing I know, the battle is over and Chewbacca is rearranging my inner-circuitry. I hate it when he does that, something always malfunctions.

»» C-3PO is now filling me in on all the events I missed out on. The Princess was also shot, but it was not serious. Captain Solo is fixing her up as I record this. And apparently I was fixed just in time to see the Death Star explode. We are still awaiting confirmation that the Emperor is dead and also awaiting Master Luke's return. We hope he was not still on it when it exploded. I don’t' think he was. He is Anakin-Junior, after all.

Entry Twenty-Six

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 39:3:25 GrS
    SITUATION » Celebrating victory.

»» It is official! VICTORY IS OURS! Master Luke returned this evening with news that the Emperor did indeed die aboard the Death Star. He was killed by Anakin Skywalker, who returned from the dark side to save his son and then died as a Jedi. There were tears in Master Luke's eyes when he recounted this to his sister and the rest of us. I would have cried too, had I that physiological ability. I know that somewhere in the Force, Mistress Padmé is welcoming him and Master Yoda and General Kenobi can now rest in peace, or whatever it is that Force ghosts do with eternity.

»» I would have liked to have recorded Anakin's return. I miss him.

»» Outside this hut, the celebration has only just begun and I must join it and record it for posterity. This is an important day in the history of the galaxy.

»» I wonder now what adventures await us next. I know this was not our last one.

»» May the Force be with us all!

The End
  23. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Awesome wrap. :D And a very gentle wistful tone to it all. :) Woohoo jinkies I know the TTT diary will be a blastarama. [face_love]
    Hazel likes this.
  24. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Awesome wrap-up! Congrats on finishing! Especially with that dreaded MOOOOVE this year.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Great diary and a grande finale to a delightful hilarious diary. Of course waiting for the next one of him.
    Hazel likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade