Saga Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: The OT Diary [2012 Dear Diary Challenge] - COMPLETED on 21/Dec

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 2, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  2. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't seem to get the hang of this Tag system :oops:. I'm going to edit the posts and re-tag everyone.
  3. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    "And with that lovely tale, we all went off to bed." Haha, love it![face_laugh]
    Last edited by Book-Geek, Oct 6, 2012
    Hazel likes this.
  4. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    He's good but not that good. I love Artoo's sense of humor!
    Hazel likes this.
  5. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Of course, Artoo would be able to separate reality from illusion... If only the Dark Side could actually work on Artoo - that would be an interesting situation! Poor droid, definitely not made to be a Jedi... :p
    Hazel likes this.
  6. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Lol. That scene is confusing for anyone, let alone a droid!
    Hazel likes this.
  7. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    =D= [face_laugh] Luke-in-training LOL I just bet you enjoyed writing that [face_laugh] ;)
    Hazel likes this.
  8. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] as usual. That scene is indeed creepy. Looking forward to more!
    Hazel likes this.
  9. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    You know I never really thought about this before. Did Artoo see Obi-Wan's Force ghost? I can't remember. Can they be picked up by cameras or sensors? And who can see Force Ghosts? Does it depend on who the Force ghost wants to see them? Leia didn't appear to see the three Force ghosts at the end of RotJ. I'm so confused. :confused:
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    JL: :) @};- Seems like it would relate to training: droids cannot be Force-trained & Leia hadn't been trained even as much as Luke had. [face_thinking] It probably is a volitional thing on the other end too, but the ones who are aware of their presence would have to have some focused Force skill. :D
  11. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    According to the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook, anyone who is Force-sensitive can hear Force ghosts, and Force-users with the Sense feat can see them.
  12. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Leia might have seen them out of the corner of her eye but either thought that it was a trick of the light or she just assumed that they were Rebels that were content to watch the celebration for a time.
  13. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    So when I had Callista trapped inside Artoo's body in one of my fics, she shouldn't have been able to sense a Force Ghost? :p Stang, what stupid situations I get Luke and Artoo into.

Sorry Hazel I don't mean to highjack your thread. Your story gets me thinking about all types of weird things since I am now seeing the scene by a droids perspective.
  14. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't worry about it @Jedi_Lover, this confuses me a bit too. I remember when I was about to write this part, I asked around for opinions and got a bunch of different ones. I hope the choice I made here is acceptable and makes sense within the story, but who knows, I might make the opposite choice in another story. And don't worry about your Callista in R2 story, it was sooooo funny, nobody really considered that particular detail.
    Jedi_Lover, Lady_Misty and Jade_eyes like this.
  15. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    It is interesting that R2 also knows what happened in the cave. The entire SW universe is interesting seen through R2´s sensors.
    Hazel likes this.
  16. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, that's a tricky one indeed! I think I'll go with what Hazel said - the sheer hilarity of the situation makes the question of whether or not it's realistic unimportant. :p
    Lady_Misty likes this.
  17. DaenaBenjen42 Force Ghost

star 5
    Lady_Misty: The meaning of that apparition is puzzling. So many interpretations and but still it's puzzling.

I'm gonna quote Superman here: "The son becomes the father, and the father the son." (The vision was meant to send a message... as for weather or not Luke got it? Hard to say.)

Good entry, Hazel. :)
    Hazel likes this.
  18. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Tag List - part 2: @Jedi_Lover @Jade_eyes @Lady_Misty @TrakNar @jcgoble3 @Valiowk

I think I got the tags right this time, but if anyone didn't get one, please let me know.

And now, let's get back to Jedi training...

Entry Fifteen

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 38:6:20 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Dagobah, Dagobah System
    SITUATION » Undergoing Jedi training – part 2

»» While Master Yoda directed Master Luke in levitation and telekinesis techniques, I detected that Anakin-Junior's X-wing, which had been left where it landed, was now sinking into the swamp. I alerted Master Luke of this fact and he immediately interrupted the training exercise.

»» I did not need the Force to read Master Luke's dismay. However, true to the Jedi teachings, Master Yoda immediately took the opportunity to turn the event into a lesson. He instructed Master Luke to retrieve the X-wing using the Force in much the same way as in the previous exercise. Master Luke tried to reason with the Grand Master stating that this was a completely different case, but Master Yoda countered the argument. When Anakin-Junior relented and said he would try, Master Yoda stated the words that I shall record now for posterity: "No, try not! Do! Or Do not! There is no try." I have a feeling (yes, droids have feelings too) these words will be engraved in Master Luke's mind for the rest of his life.

»» Following this statement, Master Luke proceeded to attempt (I will not say try) to retrieve his fighter from the swamp. I'll admit, I was disappointed when he was unsuccessful. When Master Luke had just about given up, Master Yoda stepped in and completed the task himself, making sure to turn it into yet another lesson on the nature of the Force (recording appended to this entry). It was impressive.

»» And now we have an X-wing to clean and dry out. Oh joy!

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
  20. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Drying things out are a pain in the neck.
    Hazel likes this.
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    This is one of the coolest ESB scenes :D :)
    Hazel likes this.
  22. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    hahahahaha I love Artoo saying "I will not say try". [face_rofl] Please add me to the tag list!!
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  23. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Brilliant. I agree with ginchy about Artoo refusing to say "try"; I loved that. Keep it up!
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  24. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Lol. I loved the 'I will not say try' part!
    Hazel likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover Chosen One

star 5
    Let Luke clean up the ship Artoo![face_not_talking] He's the one who crashed it. Come to think about it...he crashes a lot of ships. He crashed on Hoth, he crashed on Dagobah and he crashed a Star Destroyer onto Coruscant in Dark Empire. I bet his starship insurance is really, really high. I bet Geico wouldn't even touch him. He probably has to go to one of those "Tickets, Accidents?--No Problem" insurance companies. I bet he dreaded putting Ben on his policy when he started piloting.

I think I am rambling again.

Nice update!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade