Beyond Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: TTT Diary * COMPLETE [DDC 2013]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    hahahahaaha I love Artoo's insight into humans.
    Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Hah! Master Luke has located the needed power source. It is in his cybernetic hand. Is this what humans call keeping something handy? I must ask C-3PO

[face_laugh] awesome update, am now waiting for the great escape chase and crash :p
    Hazel likes this.
  3. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks all [:D] :*

Here is the next entry:

Entry Fourteen

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 44:5:11 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Unknown location.
    SITUATION » Escaaaapiiiinnnng.

»» SITUATION UPDATE: After 324 standard minutes, Master Luke was finally able to extract a power supply from his artificial hand and connect it to his exit’s locking system. As expected, the door slid open and he exited his confinement, after which he came and released me from the restraining collar. We immediately proceeded to exiting the building and entering the surrounding forest, almost encountering Mara Jade in the process. Fortunately, she did not spot us.

»» It was Master Luke’s plan to take cover behind the closest tree line while heading towards the maintenance hangar, hoping to find X-wing. Unfortunately, our fighter was not in its station and could not be located. In alternative, and because it was imperative that we remain undetected and distance ourselves from the smuggler’s base, I located a pair of unidentified lean designed fighters approximately twice the length of an X-wing and Master Luke chose the one closest to us. We installed ourselves in the cockpit (one more awkwardly than the other, guess who) and after a quick system’s check, we took off.

»» Unfortunately (again), as soon as we thought we were clear of danger, two ships showed up on scanner: one very large – an Imperial star Destroyer, and the other small (the second fighter). Even though the identity of the imperial vessel and its commander as unknown to us, the same could not be said for the identity of our other pursuer. It was someone extremely proficient at flying the fighter and very determined to catch us, and both characteristics pointed to Mara Jade. She quickly caught up with us.

»» Hoping that the trees would provide us with cover from the Star destroyer and help in losing our pursuer, Master Luke dived to their level and a nerve-wrecking chase began. Please, tell me you have the Force back! Please, please, tell me you have the Force back. TELL ME YOU HAAAVEEE THE FOOORCEEEE BAAACKKKK!!!

»» AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

»» FOOORCEEEEE HEEEELPPPP UUUUSSSS!!!!!

»» The good news – our pursuer crashed; the bad news – so did we.

»» Bleep it!

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
    Last edited by Hazel, Jun 12, 2013
  4. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_dancing] It starts. ;) R2's reactions, perfect =D= =D=
    Hazel likes this.
  5. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor R2! Those Skywalkers are always causing problems for him. [face_mischief]

You know R2, if you used good, clean language they wouldn't have replaced everything you said with bleeps, beeps, whistles and what not. :p
    Random Comments and Hazel like this.
  6. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh] Great work, Hazel!
    Hazel likes this.
  7. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 5
    Please tell me you have the Force! Bahahaha! [face_laugh] Nope! No Force. Poor Artoo.
    Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  8. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_rofl][face_laugh][face_rofl]

Love Artoo's screaming. Can't wait for the next entry!
  9. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    HAHAHAH The last part particularly was funny.
    Hazel likes this.
  10. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    »» The good news – our pursuer crashed; the bad news – so did we.

Hehe. There's always a silver lining with Aretoo :)
  11. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks all! [:D]

This part of the book isn't exactly packing with humor, so I have to keep spinning it around to extract it. I'm very happy it's working. :)
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    Why do I have a feeling that Artoo would love to be a Jedi who was able to use the Force at this moment? :p

So that's the reason why Artoo's speaking with bleeps, beeps, whistles and what not - it all got censored! :D
  13. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Please, tell me they are okay! [face_nail_biting]
  14. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    @Valiowk - Artoo really wishes he had the Force right about now. He doesn't know about the ysalamiri.

@AzureAngel2 - Hey, this is where the fun part starts. :p
    AzureAngel2 and Jade_eyes like this.
  15. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I know, I read the books, but your R2 story is more fun than the Zahn story line. [:D]
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Artoo is hilarious with his complaining
  17. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_rofl][face_rofl] Poor Artoo. I'm surprised he's not gone barmy from all the Skywalkers he's had to put up with. [face_rofl][face_rofl]
  18. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    @earlybird-obi-wan - Poor Artoo! Thanks. [:D]

@ginchy - And he isn't even half way yet. :p Seriously, I have no idea how he made it to the Legacy Era.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    [face_laugh][face_rofl]

Loved it loved it loved it, can't wait for more :D
  20. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks all !! [:D]

Entry Fifteen

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 44:5:11 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Unknown location.
    SITUATION » After crashing in the forest.

»» RETRIEVING LAST ENTRY » Crash.

»» It took Master Luke 1.4 minutes to regain consciousness after he crashed us in the forest. At least, the first thing he did after was to ask about my condition. I related that I had suffered injuries: my information retrieval jack was broken and I had several dented plaques, and that my spatial position was less than optimal. He immediately proceeded to release me from my restrains and help me into an upright position.

»» As soon as he got the vessel's hatchway to open, Master Luke noticed the state of our pursuer's vessel and decided, against my judgment, to investigate her condition. Seriously, this kid does not have a self-preservation instinct.

»» Predictably, when he came out again, he was under our pursuer's blaster point. So much for being a nice person. Maybe Anakin-Junior will learn from experience; then again, probably not. I should confirm, at this point, that my earlier suspicions were correct and our pursuer was indeed Mara Jade. Moreover, she was even on a worse mood than in our earlier meeting and immediately blamed Master Luke for the crash. Okay, so, she was right on that one. Then, she started to order him around. See kid, this is the thanks you get for being caring.

»» After we all got down to ground level (which wasn't a big drop since we had crashed on the ground), Mara Jade assumed a pausing stance as if she were hearing something. I immediately extended my auditory sensors and noted the sound of an approaching ship. We're RESCUED!!

»» Unfortunately, Mara Jade did not come to the same conclusion and ordered us to move and hide behind the trees. Such a level of paranoia in such a young woman. It is unsettling.

»» She told Master Luke to hide me behind a large tree trunk and to lie down on the ground. Then she lay down next to him, really really close, keeping her blaster against his jaw. Soon after, an imperial shuttle appeared and landed. Then, a full squad of stormtroopers exited and began searching the wreckage. I must state that I was confused my Mara Jade's actions and I believe Master Luke mirrored my confusion. All this violence towards us was uncalled for, she could have simply stated that an imperial detachment was coming and that we should conceal ourselves. We would have readily complied. Some sentients are so confusing!

»» Then, Mara Jade stated: "Whatever you're thinking about trying, don't. I can easily claim you were holding me prisoner out here and that I managed to snatch the blaster away from you." I wonder what she believed Master Luke to be thinking of doing. I'm sure it wasn't to make our presence known to the Imperials, was it? Confusing, VERY confusing.

»» After thirty-nine standard minutes, the stormtroopers reentered the shuttle and left. Then, Mara Jade ordered us to quietly move away from our position, claiming that we could not return to the wreckage because the stormtroopers would have left a sensor behind. She said it was standard procedure. She did not explain how she would know that. Based on her knowledge and behavior, I now suspect Mara Jade to be a former stormtrooper, possibly a deserter, although I have never heard of female stormtroopers.

»» She directed us further into the forest and then ordered us to sit down. Based on the way she keeps issuing orders, I deduce that she used to be a squad commander and is missing it terribly.

»» After we settled, Master Luke thanked Mara Jade for not turning us in, to which she replied she couldn't until she knew what was the story her employer had concocted for the Imperials. Master Luke then suggested that she should call Talon Karrde and ask. She retorted that she might as well save herself the time and call the Imperials directly. I think if she wanted to talk to them, she should have at the crash site, so I'm going to assume Mara Jade is prone to sarcasm.

»» After this exchange, Mara Jade started working on a flat box Master Luke had retrieved from the crash prior to the arrival of the imperial squad. Undoubtedly, it is a computer terminal. After 4.6 minutes, she stated it would take us three days to reach the nearest urban agglomerate - Hyllyard City. I recall recording this name upon arrival, now I'll be able to append holos and location. Maybe, in the meantime, I will be able to discover what planet this is.

»» Oh, wait... Mara Jade is preparing to leave us behind. I believe she meas to kill Master Luke and leave me in pieces. NOOOOOOOO!!!! Do something, Anakin-Junior!

»» I'm starting to dislike Mara Jade.

»» Master Luke is now trying to reason with her. They are arguing. Mara Jade is stating that Master Luke ruined her life and that this is why she wants to kill him » SEARCHING MEMORY BANK » SEARCHING... SEARCHING... » We have never encountered any being designated Mara Jade before » SEARCHING RECORDED BIOMETRIC DATA » SEARCHING... » I have found three possible matches: Shira Brie - 60% accuracy, jaw line too large; one dancer in Jabba's palace - 80% accuracy, wrong hair color; one lieutenant on Hapes - 30% accuracy - too short. None are stormtroopers, though. I require more data.

»» Resuming account of argument: Master Luke is countering that Talon Karrde wants us alive to which she is replying that everyone wants things they can't have. She is now claiming she can't spare more time with us and is raising her blaster towards Master Luke.

»» Master Luke is now proposing to have ME send an encrypted message to the smuggler's base. He's saying I can send it to the X-wing, and that the X-wing's computer will decrypt it for the smugglers. He is being so confident explaining the plan, that I can tell he is convincing Mara Jade.

»» YES!! She's convinced. Way to go Anakin-Junior!

»» Now she has to take us along.

»» Wait, why are you two pointing at those branches? What do the branches have to do with me?

»» Oh, this is going to be so humiliating...

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
    Last edited by Hazel, Jun 12, 2013
  21. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Loved this entry. I wonder what Mara would do if she could "read" R2's opinions on her [face_laugh] ... And lying real close together, L/M were, huh? [face_mischief] [face_sigh] Too early for them to get ... excited about such things, darn it ;) [:D]
    Hazel and Lady_Misty like this.
  22. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_rofl]

Poor R2, I wonder how he is going to react when she when she reveals who she was in the Empire.

It is good that he was trying to figure out who she is.
    Hazel likes this.
  23. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Hehehehe. TTT was not full of humour, but I get a kick out of your R2 :)

I think if she wanted to talk to them, she should have at the crash site, so I'm going to assume Mara Jade is prone to sarcasm

Mara Jade? Use sarcasm? NEVER!
    Random Comments, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  24. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    »» SEARCHING MEMORY BANK » SEARCHING... SEARCHING... » We have never encountered any being designated Mara Jade before » SEARCHING RECORDED BIOMETRIC DATA » SEARCHING... » I have found three possible matches: Shira Brie - 60% accuracy, jaw line too large; one dancer in Jabba's palace - 80% accuracy, wrong hair color; one lieutenant on Hapes - 30% accuracy - too short. None are stormtroopers, though. I require more data.

I think you want the dancer in Jabba's palace, Artoo. It's called "hair dye". ;)

»» Now she has to take us along.
    »» Wait, why are you two pointing at those branches? What do the branches have to do with me?
    »» Oh, this is going to be so humiliating...

Poor Artoo! [:D]
    Hazel likes this.
  25. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    *chuckles* oh this is comedy gold. I love how he tried to pinpoint who she was.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade