Beyond Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: TTT Diary * COMPLETE [DDC 2013]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 4
    That would probably win the award for most annoying and whiny diary ever. That would be funny though.
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    loved it :D I vote for locking Mara and Luke up in a ship :D
    Lady_Misty, Nyota's Heart and Hazel like this.
  3. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, what is it between this Mara Jade & Master Luke?

[face_thinking];)[face_laugh]:p

Great post, as usual with brilliant thoughts by our special little friend.
    Nyota's Heart and Hazel like this.
  4. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everybody! [:D]

Actually, the first time I thought of doing a diary for the challenge, I thought it would be from Threepio's POV, but I set that aside because it would be waaayyyyyy too whiny. :p

Now for more of Artoo's thoughts regarding Luke and Mara...

Entry Thirty-Four

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 44:6:25 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » Hyperspace; en route to the Katana Fleet's location
    SITUATION » Catching up.

»» SITUATION UPDATE: Since the trip to the Katana Fleet's location is estimated to be five standard-days long, I am taking the time to get accurate accounts of the actions and whereabouts of my counterparts during the weeks we were apart. Well, at least of the counterparts that have joined me in this new endeavor, since C-3PO, the Falcon and the Princess stayed behind.

»» Actually, I am having difficulties recording Captain Solo's and General Calrissian's part since neither one is willing to talk to me. Obviously, they do not comprehend the importance of the records I keep.

»» Master Luke, however, has been more than compliant - I can tell he missed me and I hope he has learned his lesson on sending me away. Who am I kidding... I'm pretty sure he'll send me away again if a new opportunity to be alone with Mara Jade presents itself.

»» Anyway, a full account of Talon Karrde's rescue in Master Luke's own voice is appended to this entry. I will highlight only that he was most impressed by Mara Jade's physical prowess and techniques and he repeated many times how he'd like to delve into the Force with her (I am paraphrasing that) and help her develop her natural gifts. Hmmm... riiiight!!!!

»» Unfortunately, the account was cut short when I asked him if he had acted upon his attraction towards Mara Jade. Then Master Luke suddenly remembered he had other matters to attend to and left.

»» I guess I will go try to extract an account from General Calrissian next. That is one human that never refrains from recounting his adventures.

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
  5. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    »» Master Luke, however, has been more than compliant - I can tell he missed me and I hope he has learned his lesson on sending me away. Who am I kidding... I'm pretty sure he'll send me away again if a new opportunity to be alone with Mara Jade presents itself.

Och, somebody is jealous here! :D
    Hazel likes this.
  6. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Well Artoo try to approach this as you would both Anakin Sr. and Padme if they were one person. You might have better luck.

I am sure that Lando willl be more than welling to talk.
    Hazel likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Funny. He sure is the one to see the romance blooming
  8. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    As always, Artoo is spot on in terms of the attraction between Luke and Mara. :D
  9. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    nice entry more soon :)
    Hazel likes this.
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    LOL! Luke admires Mara's physical prowess and wants to delve into the Force with her huh? Buya! [face_dancing] I am READY! [face_laugh]
    Last edited by Nyota's Heart, Sep 6, 2013
    Hazel likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 4
    Delve away, Luke, Delve away! [face_laugh] Nice update. It does sound like Artoo is a little jealous.
    Hazel and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Lol. Lando is always willing to talk.
    Hazel likes this.
  13. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    I swear Artoo has the talent to write a romance novel! ;)
    Lady_Misty, Nyota's Heart and Hazel like this.
  14. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    I can tell he missed me and I hope he has learned his lesson on sending me away. Who am I kidding... I'm pretty sure he'll send me away again if a new opportunity to be alone with Mara Jade presents itself.

LOL. At least Artoo recognizes and is resigned to that fact. I loved these lines-- so very Artoo! :)

I can also really imagine Han not wanting to talk to Artoo and give him a full, detailed report. It's too bad that makes things harder for the group's personal historian/archivist.

Great job!
    Last edited by Thumper09, Sep 12, 2013
    Hazel likes this.
  15. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone!! [:D]

Here's more:

Entry Thirty-Five

ENTRY » START NEW
    GALACTIC DATE » 44:6:29 GrS
    GALACTIC POSITION » By the remainder of the Katana Fleet.
    SITUATION » After battle.

»» SITUATION UPDATE: Once again, it is proven that this family cannot go anywhere without running into or being followed by the Empire. We had just boarded one of the Katana Fleet's Dreadnaughts (coincidentally, the Katana itself) and had begun to run diagnostics in order to ascertain its condition and usability when a fleet of Imperial ships arrived. The inevitable battle ensued after a bit of confusion with Counselor Fey'lya who decided to follow us at the last minute and kept repeating he was there to place Master Luke and Captain Solo under arrest. I swear, if that Bothan were a droid I'd say his programing is faulty. The Bothan ended up having to be removed by the Princess' order; another one who decided to join us at the last minute with the excuse of controlling Fey'lya's rants, although I suspect it was because she did not want to be left out of the fun. Fortunately we had remembered to bring Rogue Squadron with us, but we were still what could be considered outnumbered.

»» As the Force, or chance or good planning, would have it, we soon received reinforcements, provided by Captain Karrde and later (surprise!) Senator Garm Bel Iblis, but then so did the Imperials and the battle escalated.

»» While all the sentients were busy attempting to shoot down the their respective opponents, I took the time to count the Dreadnaughts floating in space around us and discovered that either the Katana Fleet's number of ships had been greatly exaggerated or else someone (I suspect the Empire) had already been relocating them elsewhere. Out of the two-hundred it was supposed to have, only fifteen Dreadnaughts were still around. WHAT A BLEEPING BUST OF A MISSION!!

»» I was about to convey my finding to Master Luke when he became greatly distraught about something. At first I thought he had come to the same conclusion as I did, but upon Captain Solo's inquiry, Master Luke told us that Mara Jade had been shot down. How did he know that? I have no idea and can only imagine the Force told him. That makes me wonder just what kind of a bond formed between Master Luke and Mara Jade while I was absent. Maybe I did not need to lock them together after all.

»» As for the battle, it faded quickly after Captain Solo sacrificed one of the remaining Dreadnaughts by slamming it against a Star Destroyer, but not before Master Luke pulled a Jedi stunt by singlehandedly holding off the imperials that had boarded the Katana after us. He reminds me so much of Anakin-Senior when he does that. » EMIT EMOTIVE SIGH. » After that, the Imperials quickly reassessed their stand and left the party.

»» As soon as we found ourselves without opposition, Master Luke set about getting a vessel and went out in search of Mara Jade. Yeah, definitely something going on there.

ENTRY » CLOSE » ENCRYPT ENTRY
  16. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    I swear, if that Bothan were a droid I'd say his programing is faulty. [face_rofl] true

That makes me wonder just what kind of a bond formed between Master Luke and Mara Jade while I was absent. Maybe I did not need to lock them together after all.

not a ship but the garbage disposal unit [face_mischief]

He reminds me so much of Anakin-Senior when he does that

Even Artoo picked up on Anakin's traits in Luke :D more soon :D
  17. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Great update. I love how R2 saw the seeds of LM's romance before they even did!
  18. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Yowsa! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Totally, and liked his commentary on Borsky. [face_laugh]
    Hazel likes this.
  19. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 4
    Artoo still sounds a little jealous. [face_laugh] I hope your diary next year is of Artoo's thoughts on VOTF.
  20. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4

I already wrote a one-shot of Artoo's considerations on Luke's marriage proposal and you have already read it :)
    Other than that, I don't think my muse is up to another diary next year. DRL is taking a bit toll on me lately. Unless that changes between now and January, there wont be another diary. :(
  21. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Fey'lya was one of the most annoying characters in the EU and only remotely redeemed himself in Star by Star.

Hey Artoo, surely you remember times when Anakin knew someone was in danger.
    Hazel likes this.
  22. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 4
  23. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    I think "WHAT A BLEEPING BUST OF A MISSION!!" summarised things pretty well. ;)
  24. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree with Artoo's assessment of Borsk. :p

Love his insights into Luke and Mara when her ship is in trouble, and how Artoo sees Anakin in Luke. Artoo's reaction to the "bust of a mission" was great too!

Great work!
    Hazel likes this.
  25. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Love Artoo's thoughts about Borsk and his comments on Luka and Mara!

More! More!
    Hazel likes this.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade