main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Arts-and-Crafts~ L/M fluff - Missing Scene / End of "Centerpoint"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by verybusy, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    I am currently moving and while sorting things and packing up things, I found a story I wrote about 9 years ago (I really wrote it BEFORE VotF came out). I had to change a few things (mainly rewriting the 2nd part), but I still liked the idea. so here it is:

thanks to Ginchy, for betaing and for encouraging me to post....@};-

cheers,

VeryBusy

[b]Title:[/b] Arts-and-Crafts
    [b]Author:[/b] VeryBusy
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] End of ?Centerpoint?
    [b]Characters:[/b] L/M
    [b]Genre:[/b] Missing Scene

It was just short after sunrise when Mara opened the hatch of the [i]Jade?s Fire [/i] and pressed the button to drop the ramp of the ship.

She stretched while standing in the door's frame and glanced over the landing field.
    Right now, in the morning light, everything appeared to be a little bit insubstantial.

The other ships standing nearby seemed abandoned and the accumulated ground from where the Repulsor had made its way out of the soil gave the impression of rather standing on an uninhabited moon in the Outer-Rim instead of being on Drall, one of the Correlian Core systems.

Mara fetched the scanner in order to check the Fire?s outer hull for hidden damages and already wanted to walk down the ramp, when she suddenly observed a motion on top of one of the more distant loam hills.

Something very small moved approximately 30 cm above the ground.

It flew, stopped, sank down, was out of sight for a moment, got visible again, turned and finally vanished behind the top of the earth wall again.

She blinked and reluctantly placed the scanner back into the toolbox. Maybe the inspection of the ship could wait, because this phenomenon deserved a more closely examination.

[i]There it was again! [/i]

The object was so small and that far away that any other person had probably overseen it, but Mara was trained to notice things like that.

Instinctively her hand went to her hip in order to check for her lightsaber and her blaster, but found nothing.

She frowned; it was very untypical for her the leave the ship without it, but this morning she must have left them in her cabin, not really knowing the reason why.

Maybe it was because when looking back at the events of the past weeks, at least this corner of the galaxy seemed peaceful now, and Mara longed for it to be peaceful, at least for the next few hours.

She wondered about getting back into the ship to fetch the utensils, but decided otherwise.
    She would have sensed any danger coming from the little object, but there was nothing... and she still had the small hidden blaster attached to her sleeve anyway.

Finally curiosity took over.

She slowly went down the ramp and activated the lock placed on the outer hull of the ship. The [i]Fire?s[/i] hatch closed behind her with a hiss.

Mara looked around again; there was still no activity on the other ships.

Probably everyone needed little bit more rest than usual considering yesterday?s events.

With the morning sun behind her back, always taking care of not to be seen from behind the earth wall, she approached the hill. The little object was now exactly on top again.

Mara stopped in short distance. She was sure that, due to the fact that the sun was still low, whoever was on the other side of the hill had not spotted her so far, so she took her time to watch the object more closely.

It was so small that she had easily been able to take it with one hand and place it into her pocket.

Mara began to smile. She had seen this small device before.

During her escape from ?Corona House?, Leia had fetched it from the floor and took it along. It was a children?s toy, a little hover-car.

Anakin?s toy probably, which had now found a new assignment as a soil transport.

This was amazing. Mara edged closer and crouched down to observe the landscape where the little vehicle had moved around more closely. The risk of being caught was momentarily forgotten.

What from distance had looked like an extreme rough ground, were small buildings of di

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Suddenly smile returned on his face and into his eyes. ?Or, maybe I should really do it more often? especially if I want to get a morning caf served from someone like you?.?

Love it! Mara really is the best at chasing his darkness away. [face_love] I just love missing moment fics and this one is terrific, gal. Great job with both Mara and Luke and I love how they walked into the sun at the end... *sigh* Terrific job! Thanks for the sneaky-peeky! :D [:D]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! [face_love] I needed that this morning! :p

?Skywalker!?

He jumped slightly to the side and blocked her punch. ?I hope the invitation is still valid??

?It is! But you are definitely living on dangerous ground here?? Mara tried to punch him again, but then ? maybe she was not really conscious about what she was doing - just linked her arm with his.

They walked back to the Fire, towards the light of the sun

Beautiful. =D=

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    awww... very wonderfully aawwwww....

heheheh

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I loved that!! They're so comfortable together and of course Mara can banish his dark mood. Better than anyone. [face_love] :*

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Now that's what I'm talking about! =D=

7. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Very nice. =D=

?Have you ever felt like, all you really care about is ripped into pieces just because it is close to you? ?Or because it wants to help you? ?Or to protect you??

Mara looked into his eyes; she did not like the shadows whirling around there. There were probably many things she could say, she really should say, because she felt like she could give an explanation for this, but the pain in his eyes kept her silent.

?After all this crafts work? do you care for a morning caf on the Fire?? The words were out before she could really think about them.

I think Mara said just the right thing after all. [face_love]

And I totally loved the ending with them walking arm-in-arm into the sunrise. Friends--yay!

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    What's wrong with a grown-up playing with toys? LOL!

Nice piece -- glad you found it and posted!

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    How cute! Love how Luke was messing around with Anakin's toy building trucks. Boys will be boys, right?

And Mara's reaction: priceless. Very nice, Verybusy! ;)

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Play is good for adults as well as kids. It certainly helps the stress level.

11. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    ginchy:[:D] Thanks.

Love it! Mara really is the best at chasing his darkness away

Well, like I told you I had this idea basically about 9 years ago when I read Shodown at Centerpoint. Although Mara and Luke did not interact much in that book there was one scene in the Correlian Triology where they meet and it becomes obvious that even if they never talked about it there is much more firendship between those two than anyone might have imagined.

VaderLVR64 : :D I am happy that I could brighten your morning a bit. :D

RedGold : Hehehehe..... I love to get AWWWs like that. ;)

Jade_eyes : Thanks for reading. I am happy you like it.[:D]

Jade_Pilot : :D Thanks :D

Blue_Milkshake :
    I think Mara said just the right thing after all.

I have to admit, about 9 years ago the only intention of tis little viggie was to get her inviting him for a caf after watching him play, but then when reworking it, I had a hard time thinking about in which mood he should currently be in and how this woud fit. I am glad that you though it was okay though.

Jedi-2B : I am glad I found it again as well. I remembered that I wrote this one some weeks ago, but never found the CD where I had stored it that day and honestly I did not dare rewriting it without reading the origina again at first.

divapilot : Thanks for the review [:D] I always hoped for Luke to act more boyish in Profic, at least when not being in an official function. [face_batting]

RebelMom :
    Play is good for adults as well as kids. It certainly helps the stress level.

Exactly my thoughts ....:D

cheers,

VeryBusy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.