As I humbly promised: Your reviews on the meet.

Discussion in 'Fresno, CA' started by That_Wascally_Droid, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I thought it went well even though we didn't do as much as I thought we would. So basically I drove an hour for lunch :p
    But everyone was really cool. Except for Finney. I must've asked him out thirty times and each time was met with a 'no'. :_|
    And I thought everyone handled my little revelation well enough :p
    After lunch we took off. My paycheck was already drying up and unlike some people *looks in Sparticus' direction* I didn't get my meal for free! :( :(
    But I'm all for making the trip for another one :)
    Well, in the future :p
    I quit my so-called job, so I'll have a lot of free time coming up :p
    I'll try to bring more friends in the future.
    Well that's it from this man in black.
    How's about the rest of you?
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Sounds pretty good for a first meeting. How many people showed up?
  3. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Lesse. . . if I remember correctly. . . 9? I maybe forgetting someone. 11 if you count Sparti's parents ;)
  4. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That is a really good turnout! Our first meeting only had 13, and when you consider San Diego has a population of 2 million in the county, 9 for Fresno is REALLY good!
  5. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    You can chalk it up to my charm and quick wit. [face_mischief]
  6. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    i thought our little turn out turned out really good. all you guys are really cool and i'm glad there wasnt any real freaks, lol... except for valens.
  7. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    eh what can i say...im a freak. it was a good turn out though. i look forward to the next meeting!
  8. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actualy Valens, you reminded us of our friend Louie. That's who we thought you were at first :p
  9. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    He's Mexican and works Graveyard at Target? ?[face_plain]

[face_laugh]
  10. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mexican yes :)
    And he works the graveyard at Hollywod video which is in the same shopping center as Target. . .
    Oh my God! Louie has a twin and he never told us! [face_shocked]
    I mean, sure he liked Spiderman more than SW, but that's no reason to disown your twin is it?
  11. Jedi-Finney Force Ghost

star 4
    thats not possible, if it was his twin he would definitly like star wars better...
  12. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I sense a conspiracy. . .
    I will get to the bottom of this!
    But first, I need to waste time!
  13. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    Sweet merciful crap! That's just plain trippy!!
  14. Sparticus Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey! It wasn't my fault they forgot my pie!!!
  15. Jedi-Stalker Force Ghost

star 1
    those diabolical bastards!
  16. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well maybe if you were a bit more friendly with the waiter?
    Like me, I winked and gave him 'the eye'.
    Maybe that's why it took so long to make a friggen salad :p
  17. jedivalens Force Ghost

star 4
    'the eye' doesnt always work my friend
  18. Jedi-Stalker Force Ghost

star 1
  19. Jedi-Stalker Force Ghost

star 1
  20. Jedi-Stalker Force Ghost

star 1
    your right... it doesnt work...
  21. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I was pleased with the turn out. 9 of us seemed like a victory, considering not many of us seeked each other out at Edwards on the Premiere night for AOTC.

We worked through the "business" very well. There was no arguing or debating over anything, which was relieving.

I did not, however, like the seating arrangement. We had the "South Valley" folks sitting at one table, and the "North Valley" folks sitting at another table. This gave life to a joke of sorts, however, I would hate for that joke to take on a life of its own. I think that Saturday was a success, even if we didn't spend more time together.

I still worry that it may prove difficult to meet regularly for the North Valley/South Valley people. You are all fairly close to one another, but myself, DSGeorge, his g/f, and our other friends up here may have difficulties keeping a regular meet schedule, what with work, families, etc. If we end up going official with this, is there a ruling/provision for a FanForce SPLITTING?? This is not foreshadowing of any sort, rather, it is just raising a point that could seriously become an issue in the long run, seeing how the Valley is not exactly a hop from city to city.

:cool:
  22. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^ There is a precident for this actually. What other cities have done is to split up and have seperate meetings, say a meeting in Merced, and another in Fresno, but to communicate between the groups and let each other know what was discussed etc. And as much as possible, have combined meetings. You would still continue to all use the Fresno FanForce board for communication, and can elect a Co-City Rep to head the meetings in the area of the city that the elected CR does not reside. The Co-City Rep can get a title under their name recognizing their responsibilites, but only the City Rep will be given acess to the City Rep forums, and have his/her name listed as City Rep.
  23. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a precident for this actually. What other cities have done is to split up and have seperate meetings, say a meeting in Merced, and another in Fresno, but to communicate between the groups and let each other know what was discussed etc. And as much as possible, have combined meetings. You would still continue to all use the Fresno FanForce board for communication, and can elect a Co-City Rep to head the meetings in the area of the city that the elected CR does not reside. The Co-City Rep can get a title under their name recognizing their responsibilites, but only the City Rep will be given acess to the City Rep forums, and have his/her name listed as City Rep

Thank you for the information, M_J_F. I was wanting to know the details, just to be aware should the travel distance not "work out" in the long run. :(
  24. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    ( que in the Palpatine Theme)

I believe the meeting was the start of something great. SW fans UNITE!!!! :D

I agree with Jirin , Next time lets sit together, perhaps a round table??? Our geographical segregation was unintentional to be sure...

I like this bunch...
  25. Jedi-Stalker Force Ghost

star 1
    i thought it was kinda odd that the north and south were segrigated that way... are you guys plotting something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.