main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As If He Was Sleeping (JA angst...) 2nd part up-09/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    **WARNING**

I like to write angst but I have to admit, even this is a new type of angst for me. I?m warning you now this fic deals with character death (making this story AU of course). Do *NOT* read this if that sort of thing disturbs you.

Title: As If He Was Sleeping (post one of 2)

Summary: Qui-Gon's worst nightmare is upon him

Disclaimer: Not mine now, never will be mine. All belong to George Lucas :)

Time Period: Mid JA

Spoilers: None whatsoever

Rating: PG-13. Just in case?

Archive: If you want it, just e-mail! Everyone who I?ve already said OK to can take it

Dedicated, forever, to Dara, Laura, Jess and Tessa.

?You may come in now Master Jinn.?

I stood up, aware of the trembling in my legs and the fluttering of my heart. I followed the healer silently into the brightly lit room. There were bright red flower arrangements in each of the four corners: a stark contrast to the whiteness of the rest of the room. In the centre was a bed. There was a body underneath a white sheet resting on it. The body of?

I squeezed my eyes closed and my shaking legs ceased movement. No, better not think that yet. They could be mistaken. Mistakes were made everyday!

But where had that warm light in the back of my mind gone?

I opened my eyes and lifted my head. With a deep breath, I continued forward, and the healer behind me followed. I stood on one side of the bed, the healer on the other. I looked into her eyes, aware of the sympathy and sadness within them, and nodded to her to pull back the white blanket.

She did so and my hand flew, as if by instinct, to my mouth to hold back a sob.

Surely that was not my boy who lay there?

One hand strayed to his face, the other to his chest. No heartbeat pounded below my fingers. No breath was drawn in through his nose.

The hand on his chest moved and I gripped his hand in my own.

?He?s so cold,? I whispered, gazing at his peaceful face.

I think I heard the healer choke back tears. Yet no tears rolled down my face. Well there wouldn?t be would there? This wasn?t happening.

My first instinct was to wrap a warm blanket around him and hold him in my arms but no amount of external heat would help. He would never be warm again.

I looked at his face. He didn?t have the look of agony on his face one would expect of someone who had been brutally stabbed in the back several times. On the contrary, I?d only ever seen him look this peaceful when he was sleeping. His lips were parted slightly, as were any sleepers, but his skin held a deathly white pallor that no living being could have.

I took my other hand from his ice-cold cheek and rested it on his ginger hair. It was as soft as ever. His braid rested lightly on one shoulder. I resisted the urge to twirl it beneath my fingers. My hand moved back to his face. With my fingers, I gently lifted an eyelid. The dull and glazed green/blue eyes gazed back at me, unseeingly.

But?but that didn?t mean it was him. No, there was still hope. I looked up at the healer, and saw her brushing at tears as she gazed at the body of the dead boy. I cleared my throat. ?Was there anything in his pockets?? I asked.

She composed herself and walked over to a counter. She picked up a tray-white again-and showed me what had been found on the body. There were only two items.

Lightsaber. I ignited it. The crystalline blue blade shot out and hummed quietly. I switched the blade off. Not necessarily his. Many Jedi had a blade that colour.

But it resembled mine in so many ways, just as his had. I remembered it well. He had built his ?saber to look like mine in many ways.

I took hold of the other item. The rock that seemed to glow the moment I reached out and touched it. Surely this was his. Yes, it was identical to the one I gave him for his thirteenth birthday and there was absolutely no chance of this being a replica.

The healer pulled a chair in from the hallway and placed

2. LinaOrgana

LinaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    You're MEAN! When you said you were posting a short story, I was looking forward to something amusing! Then you go and post angst... which of course I had to read anyway... and now I'm all sad! :_|

3. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Sorry... [face_blush]

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awww... *Sniff* Yes, I'm reading again and crying again! :( Poor Obi... :_|

5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :_| So... sad... :_|

Great job! :D :) :D Thanks for posting! Just what I needed today - a great read of one of your fics... :D

6. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Oh dear, (sniff) how sad. (more sniffing) Did you say there's another part to this? (reaching for the kleenex)

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh..........my...........god...... :_|.....that was so sad!......

:_| :_| WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :_| :_|

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks everyone :) I'll post the next part when I get the chance...

*sighs*

I don't like exams... :(

9. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    That was so sad,
    I have read this somewhere else, I think maybe on fanfiction.net or something like that...Anyways, I did not know that there was a second part to it, I'm looking forward to the next post....

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    :eek:

Obi's gone...*Sniff*

But that post was so well done I could do nothing but enjoy it. Very touching. I cannot wait for more.

11. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm in shock. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Very beautiful, even if I am sitting in horror. More! I must know who this guy is who *killed* Obi-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...n sorry, getting out of control. Very good.

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    First of all, I never intended to do this. But thanks to Megan and Wild Horse I decided to write a little companion piece to As If He Was Sleeping. So, this goes out to them.

I guess I?d better give this a tissue warning? I nearly had myself in tears while writing this?

Everything in italics stands for flashbacks.

Title: Moonlight Shadow (part two of two)

Rating: G

Summary: Late one night, Qui-Gon is given the closure he needs.

None of these characters belong to me! All belong to George Lucas and chums! :p

I still couldn?t sleep. It had been a week now since I had watched the body of my apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi go up in flames. His ashes still rested in an urn beside my bed. His devastated parents had told me that I should be the one to take care of them as I had been with him for far longer than they had. I had yet to decide what to do with them. I couldn?t think of a suitable place.

But that was probably because I expected the young man to come strolling into the apartment at any moment with that smile he always wore and ask for something to eat.

Like he had the morning he had died.

Obi-Wan came out of his room, sleepy eyed and a head full of bed hair. He yawned and Qui-Gon managed to catch a ?Morning Master?.

?Good morning Padawan!? Qui-Gon said brightly, clearly showing that he was a morning person, unlike Obi-Wan. ?Breakfast??

?Huh? Mmm?yeah, breakfast?yes please Master.?

Qui-Gon nodded and went to the kitchen while Obi-Wan sat down on his favourite chair. He curled his legs under him and waited for his mind to wake up a little more.

?I?ve got to go out this morning Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said as he returned from the kitchen with a tray. ?It?s Mace?s birthday coming up and?well we want to make it a birthday he?ll never forget.?

Obi-Wan grinned. ?What will it be this time? A surprise party that will give him a heart attack as he enters his dotage??

?Exactly,? Qui-Gon said, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Obi-Wan laughed with his Master for a while then tucked into his breakfast.

?I think I?ll just go into Coruscant for the morning then,? Obi-Wan announced a little while later. ?Garen told me about this new arcade with some of the latest games. I want to try them out.?

Qui-Gon nodded in agreement. Obi-Wan could use some time to relax and this was the perfect opportunity. There were no outstanding pieces of homework he had to get done and it wouldn?t be fair on the boy to make him stay at home all morning alone.

Later that morning the pair went their separate ways. Qui-Gon shuddered, as if caught in an icy breeze. Frowning, he gazed over his shoulder just as Obi-Wan disappeared round a corner. For a moment, Qui-Gon was struck by a sudden heaviness in his chest but it passed within the space of a heartbeat. Frowning to himself, Qui-Gon headed to Yoda?s quarters. A niggling feeling in the back of his mind remained for a while but it too passed, leaving Qui-Gon wondering what it had all been about.

I sat on the edge of my bed, moonlight filtering through the curtains and dimly lighting the room around me. All I could think was why. Why hadn?t I listened to my feelings? Something had been trying to warn me that morning but I hadn?t acted upon it. I hadn?t gone and meditated on my feelings or even thought of them twice. If only I had?if only I had stopped to think for just a minute, I would have been able to save him.

It was late afternoon when it happened. A sudden scream tore through his mind and a small explosion seemed to go off, leaving his vision dark for a moment. Something in his head seemed to snap.

?Qui-Gon? Hear me can you??

Qui-Gon blinked and met the wide and concerned eyes of Yoda. A heavy feeling of dread was wedged into his heart and Qui-Gon found himself breathing heavily, as if had just run a marathon.

?What happened? Alright are you?? Yoda asked as Qui-Gon sat up.

Qui-Gon took a moment to calm himself. ?I?I don?t know. Something?s happened. Something t

13. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Ohhhh.........*sniff, sniff*

WHO STABBED HIM?! I AM GOING TO HUNT HIM DOWN AND KILL HIM! (or her, though I can't see Obi killed by a girl.)

Wait, anger is of the dark side, as is revenge. Darn.......WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Good story, I liked.

14. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Thanks Ginger! :D

Just what I needed...Two great fics too read! :) My day is complete ;)

"Where did you go little one?" That line is SO sad :(

15. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I read this when you posted it on fanfiction.net. It's so sad. Good, but sad.

Keep up the good work.

~Swede :p

p.s. when are you going to post on Brewing?

16. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    waaaahhhhh!
    :_|

I've read this elsewhere as well - and cried both times.
    U 'killed off' Obi so beautifully I won't even come after u ;)

17. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks everyone :)

I'll post on Brewing the week after next. My exams are underway and I have little time for anything except studying

18. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow, that was great! I loved the way you described Qui-Gon's reaction to Obi-Wan's body. Wonderful job!

19. Tyria-Solo

Tyria-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Oh, :_| That was so sad, but so good. I need a tissue!

20. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *Hands Tyria a tissue box*

Thanks for reading :)

21. i_luv_mush

i_luv_mush Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    *siff* I-I'm crying! ARG! :_| Oh that was so sad... I LOVE IT!! Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.