main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As if we didn't have enough reasons NOT to use AOL

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by halibut, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    http://www.nbc10.com/news/9406462/detail.html

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Yeah, completely ridiculous. Makes me glad I deleted their software from my Hard drive.

3. England

England Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2004
    So he wants to upgrade?

4. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    [face_plain]

Reminds me of trying to deal with Tiscali.

5. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    ...I had prety much the same experience with T Mobile....I can recommend them highly....if you are looking for some major frustration...:mad:

6. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Sounds like SKY TV.
    They are just as bad.

7. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    No, the real people you don't want to mess with are the "3" network. I had a phone service with them between 2004/05, and when the 12 month contract was up on it, I wanted to cancel. I was on the phone 45 MINUTES with them, and spoke to THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE, all of them were trying to keep me on, but I wouldn't have it, and in the end, I became like this guy.

3 has a TERRIBLE customer experience service record, and I know I'm not the only one to go through this with them. :mad:

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Definately sounds like Tiscali.

I was on the phone to them for 40 minutes trying to sort out why I couldn't connect to the Internet. Of course being a girl apparantly I know nothing on computers [face_plain]
    Then when the guy figured out I knew about 1000 times more than him he handed me over to a manager who still couldn't figure out the problem.

In the end after 40 minutes I used a few choice words to them and hung up [face_mischief]

9. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I had a similar problem with a guy who was trying to convince me to take out extra protection on a small loan I wanted.

It would have worked out that the protection would have been about 1/4 of what the loan repayments were! So I told him in no uncertain terms over and over again that I didn't want the protection. That is where all these loan companies make their money, so he was pretty keen for me to have it.

He was trying to talk me around for around 10 minutes, just to get this bloody protection. I suppose he would have got a bonus or something if I had taken it out.

In the end I changed my mind and scrapped the loan. All because this guy wouldn't take no for an answer. He tried everything in the book!

"What if you get ill?"
    "What if you die?"
    "What if you lose your job?"
    "What if you get a really bad hair cut and can't venture out of the house?"

NOOOO! I don't want the bloody protection!

10. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006
    is it just me or does vincent ferrari annoy you?

11. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    I agree with elbertino. It actually sounded like Ferrari was being the arse.

12. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    Mark...I know exactly what you mean about 3....excpet what was 45 minutes to you was 3 hours for me and my Dad!!!:mad::mad: needless to say we threatened with legal action and a few days later....for some strange reason lots of vouchers came through our door.........

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I don't think he sounded like an arse. More like someone who has had a lot of similar troubles with annoying helpdesk operators in the past. Probably why he recorded it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.