main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *As Liberty Dies* (Order 66 Challenge response) (angst, drama)(vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZekksGoddess, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    As Liberty Dies
    By: ZekksGoddess

Disclaimer: I don?t own anything?same as usual, please don?t sue.

Timeframe: RotS, the Jedi Purge.

Summary: Ki-Adi Mundi, a member of the Jedi Council meets his fate at the hands of the Clone Troopers. (Order 66 Challenge response!)

Characters: Ki-Adi Mundi, clone troopers

Genre: angst, drama

AN: This is my response to the Order 66 Challenge, hope you enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    ?There's a time to stand and the time is now or never
    A time to fly, time to let go forever
    A time to grow, and a time to discover
    Life is precious, every second?
    -Martina McBride

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The second the words had been spoken, a great fear he hadn?t known existed awoke from within the depths of his soul. He could sense it, a shaking feeling of?wrongness, for lack of a better word, that refused to leave him. It crawled up his spine, and he had to stop himself from shuddering.

The phrase seemed to hold a deadly threat within it, and Ki-Adi-Mundi was reminded of an old Jedi tale they?d been told so long ago, when he?d been merely a youngling, in which someone- the name escaped him, now- who?d been delivered a thermal detonator, disguised within deceitful wrappings of the brightest, cheeriest colors.

?It will be done, my master.?

He forced the words to the back of his mind, forced himself to ignore them, forced himself to believe that they meant nothing. But it puzzled him?how could words manage to sound as sinister as those six did?

And?where had their order come from in the first place? He was in charge, here. The order should have come from no one else. He could almost feel it as his heart sank from his chest.
    A frown crept across his pale, whiskered face as he turned his large, domed head slowly to the left, attempting to catch a glimpse of the masked men behind him in the corner of his eye.

Turning fully around to face them, he saw their blasters?pointed at him. He had the perfect view down six or seven of the weapons, and he quickly turned his gaze up to the men that held them. They?d become something akin to comrades in the long months they?d spent together, but the moment Ki-Adi?s eyes found them, he realized they were no longer men. No, now they were cold, hard, warriors. They had served alongside him and numerous other Jedi for so long, and now they felt nothing as they raised their blasters to him. He could see the lack of emotion in their eyes, the hard edge of battle that rested there, and it frightened him.

His first emotion was anger, and a look of betrayal crossed his face. Anger at being betrayed like this, by people he had come to trust as friends?anger at realizing the clone army must have been ordered by the very Sith Lord determined to bring the Jedi down. Anger that the Sith Lord was undoubtedly out there, somewhere in the galaxy at that very moment, probably amusing himself with running the murders of each Jedi through his evil, twisted mind.

Through the Force, he felt a sudden surge of pain. Pain so profound, that he had to fight to remain standing. He reached out through the Force, seeking comfort?solace?perhaps even answers, but he found nothing. Pain consumed him, and he knew?he could feel it. This was happening all over the galaxy?each tiny flame of warmth, each small spark within the vast expanses of the Force was being extinguished, one by one.

The Force was empty and cold?filled only with mourning and the harsh reminder of so many lost lives.

Raising his cool gray eyes to meet those of the Commander, he embraced his anger, let it fuel, allowed it to grow. Then, when it reached a point so great that the Dark Side beckoned him, tempting him to strike viciously against the traitorous clones, he let it go. As simple as that, he let it go and gave himself fully into

2. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Waaaa! All of these Order 66 stories make me wanna ball! Good job!:_|

3. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Lovin' it! Cool story ZekksGoddes!

4. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    MasterSareBabe: I know exactly how you feel, I cried during the movie as well when it happened! Thanks for reading!

Brant_Flir: :D Thanks!!

5. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
  6. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    skywalkerlover00: Thanks! :D

7. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    great entry into the challenge--i liked how he overheard the reply & immediately began wondering about it. great job! :)

8. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Amazing, I had a great time reading this even though it was so hopelessly sad...

9. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    SarkaVrae:
    great entry into the challenge--i liked how he overheard the reply & immediately began wondering about it. great job!
    Thanks, I'm really glad you liked it. :D During the movie, in between crying over it, I almost started wondering why none of them had noticed Palpatine giving the order...

kann:
    Amazing, I had a great time reading this even though it was so hopelessly sad...
    :D Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it...really glad :D

10. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Liked the analogy of the gift-wrapped thermal-detonator, and Ki-Adi-Mundi?s insight in being reminded of that tale by so ambiguous a phrase.

Loved the description of how the Clonetroopers changed in his eyes from men to warriors to creatures, and how he let his anger at his personal betrayal and the greater betrayal grow until it was so great that?he let it go.

11. ZekksGoddess

Oct 2, 2004
    _JM_:
    Liked the analogy of the gift-wrapped thermal-detonator, and Ki-Adi-Mundi?s insight in being reminded of that tale by so ambiguous a phrase.
    Thanks!! I'm glad you noticed that part...took a wile for me to work it out..:D

Loved the description of how the Clonetroopers changed in his eyes from men to warriors to creatures, and how he let his anger at his personal betrayal and the greater betrayal grow until it was so great that?he let it go.
    Haha, mark of a true Jedi Master... thanks for reading!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.