main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As long as DH is doing infinities, why not a "mirror" SW universe?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    There's nothing wrong with stealing good ideas if you can make them work. Imagine the possibilities of a mirror SW universe. And yes, I'm refering to trek.

The good and kindhearted Emperor is usurpted by the two evil children of his most valiant Knight, Anakin Skywalker. The children have never been the same since their mother died, and with their father away defending the Republic, Luke and Leia Skywalker become seduced by the teachings of the long dead Sith. Luke and Leia, using lies and deceit lead a rebellion against the peaceful Empire. They suceed, and the once mighty and just Imperial forces are scattered to the ends of the universe.

Anakin is wounded terribly by his son and daughter, because he could not bear to strike down his own children.
    The rebels bring chaos and anarchy where ever they go. Lead by the Ruthless Admiral Ackbar, and the steely eyed killer Ace Wedge Antilies. One eyed harlet/Propaganda minister Mon Mothma keeps the public face of this "new order" squeeky clean... and those that disagree with the new regime, are thrown to the death rings for the entertainment of the Rebel's pirate allies, lead by the amoral Han Solo.

The shattered remnants of the once proud Imperial armed forces refused to give up. Battered Star Destroyers and their vast arsenels of troops and fighters begin to strike back at the rebels. Lead by the cunning Admiral Thrawn, and the noble Soontir Fel, the Imperial forces lead by the newly knighted Darth Vader will not give up, until peace and order has been restored throughout the galaxy.

Hey, it couldn't be any worse than what they have now. ;)

2. Jedi_Cryix

Jedi_Cryix Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2001
    I would read that

3. tyderium1111

tyderium1111 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2003
    As would I. DH could follow up he OT Infinities series by doing a PT Infinities series. The story you've conjured up could fit in well with an Episode II Infinities.

4. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    awesome idea!

And Han has a beard. Someone has to have a beard.

5. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Hey, it couldn't be any worse than what they have now.

I thought that is what we have now. :p

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I think that, after the PT Infinities, there should be some EU Infinities.

Examples:

-Tales of the the Jedi Infinities
    -The New Jedi Order Infinities(OMG! LUKE AND JACEN COULD DIE, AND ANAKIN AND CHEWIE COULD LIVE!!)

Eh, it'll probably never happen.

7. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    ^^ [face_laugh]

My preciousss...

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It wasn't supposed to be a joke. ;)

9. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Thats an intriguing idea. Very good.
    It would work certainly, and I wouldnt mind checking it out.

I'm hoping with the PT infinities that they actually do stories that make sense, cos the OT stuff has been kinda boring and non-sensical.

Its lame sounding but a TPM Infinities where Qui-Gon doesn't die would definitely grab my attention.

10. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    LOL, Darth Vader working for peace...

He could have white armour instead of black :eek:

Now that, I would read.

11. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Perhaps Chewbacca would be shaved... except for a goatee. [face_plain]

12. tyderium1111

tyderium1111 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2003
    Wow. A shaved Chewbacca. Just...wow.

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Never seen any of the Trek mirror universe episodes, but they sound pretty neat. If done well, that could be a cool idea. In a similar vein, an Imperial's POV of the actual story would be cool as well.

14. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    That would definately be a good read.

15. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Let's not forget the vicious slaver Chewbacca! ;)

16. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    The shattered remnants of the once proud Imperial armed forces refused to give up. Battered Star Destroyers and their vast arsenels of troops and fighters begin to strike back at the rebels. Lead by the cunning Admiral Thrawn, and the noble Soontir Fel, the Imperial forces lead by the newly knighted Darth Vader will not give up, until peace and order has been restored throughout the galaxy.

And the tireless efforts of Ysanne Isard, the Republic's kindhearted head of Intel? :p

WHy not, sounds kinda cool. :)

17. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Alternatively, Chewie could be a mild, passive creature who was taken captive by the sadistic pirate Han Solo and made into his personal slave.

The Mon Calamari, in a quest for power, ally themselves with the Rebels and begin a ruthless campaign of extermination in nearby systems. The Quarren are the first to go.

Promoting fear throughout the Empire through a combination of subversion and brutal slaughter is the Rebellion's main tactic. A devastating attack leaves millions dead on Alderaan, and various space stations and habitation spheres are destroyed throughout the galaxy, taking millions more civilian lives.

Meanwhile, Rebel propaganda paints the entire scenario as a campaign of "liberation". Their promise of "freedom for all" goes unfulfilled, however, as citizens of conquered planets are exploited to serve the needs of the Rebel elite. Any who question their motives, however, are accused of treason and condemned to death as collaborators with the Empire.

The noble Emperor gazes sadly on the Remnants of the proud Empire he had once built. It is a losing battle, but it is not over yet. Perhaps he can still regain the galaxy from the grip of these anarchists. Perhaps good will prevail, and there will be a happy ending...

18. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Gehh, this is funny, how bout this for some change:

Good young vital Emporer who will only do good for his kingdom

A white clad knight, his body severely scarred when he was fiercely attacked by the evil Obi-Wan Kenobi

Grand Moff Tarkin, a simple man who tries to keep his sector of the universe safe and peaceful for all. Brought in a poor Calimarian who killed him after he taught him all he knew.

The timid yet strong "mercenary" Boba Fett continues his father's legacy by creating Mandalorian Super Commandoes for those who want to make as much of a difference as the Jedi without Jedi Powers.

Kind hearted Ysane Isard, her spies will do what it takes, as long as they don't have to hurt any soft animals or pretty flower thingies

The art loving genius Thrawn... er... uh... who uh... was really really... how do I mirror this guy? He's like the middle ground of good and evil.

The evil scheming old man Palleon who will do anything to get more power, but is forever thwarted by Thrawn, who keeps him in check.

And fighting for the vil side for the very first time!:

Evil ruler would-be Luke Skywalker, bitter and angry at the galaxy for leaving him on a stupid desert ball, especially at his father who he was told by Obi-Wan left him for dead on Tattooine.

The evil mastermind fella who is controlling the strings on Luke and Leia. He stole them at birth and guided each on in a specific enviroment to become his little agents of chaos.

Princess of the weapon world Alderaan, Leia Organa uses her persuasive powers, a mixture or diplomatic upbringing, dark side powers, and pure sexual prowess, to be a spy and traitor to good 'ol Palpatine's rule. Forever is she messing things up for the good guys.

Barabrous space pirate Han Solo uses hhis fleet of pirates, gamblers, and mercenaries to ruin everything Vader and Palpatine try to do. He also keeps the slave Chewbacca.

Viscouse Admiral Ackbar, useing the tutaledge of Grand Moff Tarkin for evil, he killed his former teacher and is the commander of the Rebellion's fleet of anarchy.

The precious Mon Mothma, keeping things nice and clean for people to look at. Always the pretty face for the public, she is a complete be-witch when not in public eyes.

Borsk Fey'lya, kind bothan who tries to be the conscience for the rebellion.

So what do you tihnk of my would be opposite universe?

19. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    And the marauding Ewoks are viscious spacefaring carnivores feared throughout the galaxy. Their battlecry of "Yub Yub!" sends chills through the body of even the most grizzled combat veteran...

20. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Oooh, I like that bit

21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Infinities = death of SW comics.

22. Jedi_David

Jedi_David Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2003
    Even though Star Trek's Mirror Universe is fun I don't think it would work well with Star Wars.

To me, Infinities = not the death of SW comics

23. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    How are Infinities the death of Star Wars comics? I don't understand.

24. Quixotic_Jedi

Quixotic_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2003
    This sounds like it could actually be done in the current continuity. From a certain point of view, that is.

What about the Imperial propaganda machine? I'm sure Luke, Leia, Han, and company are all viewed as villains in HoloVids for COMPNOR SAGroup (is that even still around?) or the Palpatine Jugend or whatever. It'd be great to see an in-universe article or series of such propaganda.

Sure, it's no white-armored Vader, which would be really cool to see, but it's a similar twist to the basic idea. Perhaps we'll see the beginnings of it in upcoming segments of the HoloNet News?

25. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    That's sort of what I was thinking. :D Like Han being potrayed as a villian in Imp holos like we hear in TFP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.