main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As Long as there is Hope (JA): Completed!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jemmiah, Mar 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray, a post! I loved the line "To scare Master Falmar away?" And I wonder just how Obi-Wan knows what a brothel is and the fact that it's not illegal--though if he's been around Dex very often, perhaps I shouldn't wonder. Fifteen braids, huh? Good idea! Hide the braid in plain sight!

Interesting, that Obi-Wan hears crying from far away. Jemmy's crying?

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Excellent post Jemmy! I'm not surprised Obi-Wan knows what a brothel is... being a teenager and all.

I loved how Obi prayed that Qui-Gon didn't cut his braid... and I agree with Jane, hiding it in plain view is perfect!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful post Jemmy!

I have to agree that I think that Obi has been hanging around Dex too. Although he is at that age and who better to learn from than Sexy Dexy! :D

4. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Jemmy chopping those vegetables, that was great. :D

I was glad Obi didn't get a braid-removal, too. I hope nobody tries to pull his hair, though. :(

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Good post sis!

Loved the bit about scaring Master Falmar away! :)

Don't leve us waiting too long for the next one!

6. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Black hair? I believe they've given Ewan black hair in "Moulon Rouge"!

7. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great post, Jemmiah!

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Great story Jemmiah!!! Now I am here to bug you, you must write more! :D

9. Puff The Magic Dragon

Puff The Magic Dragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2000
    "It's a bit girlie." He swallowed.

ROFLOL!!! Poor Obi!

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    This one deserves a kick to the top! :)

<PUNT!>

11. Joe_Malmsteen

Joe_Malmsteen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2001
    Its GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

<up again>

12. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Somehow I think I just discovered this. It's great. So Jem how many stories do you have going now?

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Cool!!! Great job Jemmiah!

14. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    LOL!!! Obi in dredlocks!!

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    yep, Ewan has black hair in Moulin Rouge. Makes him look even sexier, if possible...

up!

16. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Uuuuuuh *faints* Obi in MR . . . [face_love]

17. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    *sighs* MR is STILL not out in the UK yet...

I should have a new post this weekend, BTW :)

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  19. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    It's not in the U.K? I wonder why they did that? I mean, It's not like they have to translate it or anything! ;) :p

Going Up!!!

20. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Marketing probably. I've heard there are different versions of American made films shown outside the U. S. If that is true it would be interesting to see both.

21. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    They stagger the release dates across the world. Something to do with marketing, yes. About the only thing the UK gets to see before the US is foreign-language stuff and Bond movies.

22. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I wonder if it's so the actors can promote the movies several times and attend several openings as part of their contracts. That way the intrest stays up in the movie and the big wigs get their money's worth out of the actors. I've heard it's a big deal when someone refuses to do promotional tours.

23. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Merdan sat back on his chair, resting his head full tilt against the wall, his booted feet crossed over each other upon his desk.

More people arriving. More money arriving. More satisfied customers who would no doubt be happy to return.

Piracy was a very lucrative business when combined with honest to goodness entrepreneurial skills. Stealing goods off people was one thing. Stealing the people as well was quite another?

Rufus had no qualms about slaving, selling people or using them to make a profit be it in the long term or the short term. In the short term he was happy enough with his personal business venture but if there was the slightest way of expanding his schemes without jeapordizing what he already had then so much the better.

Levinstowe had been gone for a while now, and with him the money he had brought to the partnership. He didn't miss Levinstowe but he did miss the money. Nargotria was in no danger of running short of funds as there was a steady stream of visitors -approved visitors- who were only too keen to throw their hard earned credits away on a few weeks or months of unadulterated passion. His list of clients were checked, vetted, verified and checked again before being approved and in any case it always paid to have some background information on the people who were setting foot on his property, not to mention using his property too.

New visitors were required to keep his organisation running prosperously and with every new person who passed the inspection the risk of getting found out by others increased tenfold. Not that Coruscant would ever be bothered to stir itself on Nargotria's account. A backwater little planet, not part of the Republic? External matters had never bothered them before and it hadn't seemed likely that would change even if they were discovered?

Until now.

Nargotria's resident, if sparse population had cheerfully ignored Merdan's operations as long as they themselves were left alone. That had suited Merdan just fine. But when he had heard that the planet had been put up for inclusion in the Republic, Merdan couldn't help but feel that time was possibly running out for him. And if he were forced to move, what then? Take his stock with him? Abandon them on the planet to their fate? Throw them off the cliffs?

The latter two options did not make financial sense and first and foremost Merdan was a business man, if a highly immoral one, but shipping his worke force out at a moments notice was going to be a risky thing to do. If he needed to escape quickly, he would maybe have to do it alone. Leaving behind witnesses was not a good idea either.

Oh, he'd considered it over and over again, imagining every scenario possible. Rule number one was survival: HIS survival. He could get new whores. They were ten a credit, and there were always slavers who would be willing to sell stock on the cheap. Some of his present workers had volunteered to work for him, seeing no better life for themselves elsewhere. Then of course, if he couldn't beg or borrow he could always steal?

The envoy woman was dead and so was her crew. Let them tell any tales now, if they could. With their disappearance Rufus hoped to persuade the Republic that Nargotria was not the best candidate for joining their ranks. Pirates were known to swarm all over the area. It was a hotbed of criminal activity. With the Calton woman gone they would just assume that some unknown hostile source had run into her with dire consequences. And there were people enough on the Chancellor's staff who knew intimately the pleasures that the planet secretly harboured. Merdan smiled, suddenly feeling more secure. He was sure they could all be relied upon to suggest tactfully that Nargotria remained outside the capital's jurisdiction.

Grey eyes glittering with a mixture of avarice and a small amount of satisfaction at the way he had arranged things, Merdan reached for the decanter of Sullustan red wine and poured himself a large glass. He had a fondness for the Sullustan stuff. Levinstowe had never shown any real

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    great post, Jemmiah!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I don't think there's a more soul-less creature then Merdan. Jemmy's fears of finding her mother there jumped to my mind as well.

Dark and forboding post Jemmiah... and as always superbly done! :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.