main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As much as I love this banner...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ThrawnRocks, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    There seems to be a problem with it.

*insert spoilers here*

See the problem? Is there something that can be done about that? The problem is especially with older spoilers posted like this...

2. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I thought this was going to be about the blue page links being impossible to read against the dark grey.

As for this problem, just add a (color=black)(/color) (with brackets in place of parentheses, of course) to the text as well. That way it'll be spoilered no matter what the color scheme.

3. DarthSanctimonious

DarthSanctimonious Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2006
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/darthsanctimonious/nooo.jpg]

4. Mayor_Adam_West

Mayor_Adam_West Jedi Master star 2

Aug 22, 2006
    I think the bigger concern is with stuff thats already been posted. Time for the mods to get to the editing.[face_dancing]

This banner kicks butt.

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Heh heh. Love "Crazy(-er)Camper" in the upper right.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I love this banner! :D

And the hilighting problem:

You can still do it, just do it as I do, making sure the font color is the same as the hl color.

Like this.

Just don't know how to edit those already made the other way, guess the mods will have to edit!

7. JEDI-KILLER_17

JEDI-KILLER_17 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Man my new icon looked bad*** in the old color scheme too.

8. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    What about Legacy? Isn't #9 coming out this week? Haven't checked Diamond, but it's still due out this week according to DH. No one stepped up for a split banner? Quite a shame.

9. Sn00va

Sn00va Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    I wish you could hide all those menus.

this forum is such a mess :p

10. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Mhh... I wonder why the stylesheet hasn't been changed to my new version, yet. (Yes, I made that banner)

Maybe it's necessary to change the stylesheet completely, as this is probably the best solution to solve the spoiler problem.

I've tried to figure out how to solve this problem, but the blue page links aren't for me to edit - the mods/admins must do that.

There is a dark side Legacy banner I made. Check Lit Banner Thread.

Also, thanks everyone who likes the banner despite the markup problems... [face_whistling] :)

EDIT:
    Here's my updated version, dark on light text:
    http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/banner/kotor/testpage.htm

For the mods/admins: http://www.daves-sw-rogues.de/banner/kotor/stylesheet.css

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I find the dark red user names hard to read against the black. Also there seems to be a piece missing on the Post Reply screen - I see a small square with a red X under 'Literature'.

12. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    All that's fixed in my updated stylesheet, save for the Post Reply thingy... I, like many other of the people who made Lit banners, have apparently overseen that there's such a thing. And using IGNBQ, I don't really have a problem with that, anyway. :p

If you really want a "Post Reply" image, I can make one, but I don't think it's such a biggie.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I was just curious on the missing bit as I have had a few problems with Norton Internet Security blocking banner bits by mistaking them for ads. (The file name hits something in its keyword list and that part of the banner doesn't get displayed.) If others see the Red X then I know the problem isn't my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.