main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As My Heart Remembers (pre-TPM, Obi/f, PG)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Syntyche, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntyche

Syntyche Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001

Okay. My maiden fic post on the Force boards. :) I am really, really behind with feedback, and I apologize to the JA authors for that.

Title: As My Heart Remembers
    Author: Syntyche (flysolo_pnt5@hotmail.com)
    Rating: PG, to be on the safe side :)
    Archiving: Ask me please, so I know where it's going
    Disclaimer: Anything recognizable belongs to George Lucas, I guess, and this story is not meant to infringe on copyrights held by Lucasfilm or anything associated with them. Jhesana is my creation, but she came into being before I knew of Jude Watson's Tahl. I'm not making any money off this story, but maybe if I were I'd be through school already. ;)
    Time frame: Two years before TPM; Obi-Wan is 23.
    Summary: Once, when night seemed forever, I was with you.

Thanks, as always, to the members of betas_anonymous. Also, the first half of this story is posted at fanfiction.net under the title "Wild Child," but at a comment from Xehra and similar feelings by myself, I changed the name. I can do that, you know, I'm the author. *g*

As My Heart Remembers
    By: Syntyche

Part One

Slowly, methodically, his slender hands packed the loamy earth over the mound firmly.

Ever close your eyes ?
    Ever stop and listen ?

His body moved of its own accord as his thoughts swirled. All he could think of was her: her bright, laughing eyes; auburn hair that tumbled to her waist in waves; petal-soft lips that curved in the certain smile she reserved for him alone; the way her body molded to his so perfectly that he knew she was made just for him.

Ever feel alive ?
    And you've nothing missing

And, wonder of it all, she loved him. Despite his insecurities, his awkward clumsiness, and the way his voice stumbled when he was nervous, Jhesana Rayeso loved him, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

She loved him. And had told him so many, many times in her throaty whisper as her delicate fingers caressed his face, 'seeing' him for her.

You don't need a reason ?
    Let the day go on and on ?

It was so funny. They had practically grown up as Padawans together, and he'd never noticed her dry sense of humor, or her unwavering faith in what she believed was right, or the boundless compassion that had brought her into contact with him again and turned his life - their lives - so gloriously upside down.

Let the rain fall down
    Everywhere around you ?

Her quiet courage and compassion had led her to volunteer her services to aide the diplomatic team of Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi in negotiations with the Terkelians, a race dependent on a tactile language due to the permanent twilight state of Terkel. The blind Jhesana had offered her services, both as an aide and in her normal capacity of Healer.

It was becoming somewhat of an unspoken protocol to send a Healer with Jinn and Kenobi, anyway ...

Jhesana and Obi-Wan had re-taken to each other immediately. He was twenty-three, she, twenty-two.

She had done well, Obi-Wan remembered proudly, easing them along gently when they would have stumbled trying to communicate in a dark world. Her abilities as a Healer had been welcome, as well.
    He and Jhesana had spent much time together near his Master's bedside during Qui-Gon's convalescence.
    When it was time for he and Qui-Gon to depart on their next mission, she occupied his thoughts, and it was to her that he went first upon their return to the Temple.

Give into it now ?
    Let the day surround you

Qui-Gon Jinn watched his Padawan quietly, adding his own memories to the ones Obi-Wan was unconsciously projecting.

The time came when they were separated for the three longest months of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jhesana Rayeso's lives. Holo transmissions flew back and forth from Malastare, where Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had been dispatched, and the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but Qui-Gon had been surprised to find, the times he had been in the room while Obi-Wan and Jhesana communicated, that it was nothing like the mere "crush" he'd expected. The

2. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Syntyche!! Hi!!!! I can't get on ff.n anymore, so it's good to see you here!!

If I remember right, this is so sad..... :_|

But I want more anyway!

3. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Awwwwww [face_love] Great Start Synthyche!

4. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    Awe!!!

"It was becoming somewhat of an unspoken protocol to send a Healer with Jinn and Kenobi, anyway..."

:D

5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    I think I did start reading this over at FF.N... I'm really glad you're going to post it here - as FF.N's been down lately...

I'm really looking forward to reading more, Syntyche! Please post again soon! :)

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.