As of today, I'm a proud new owner of a 1-bedroom flat

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Mar17swgirl, Jan 17, 2012.

1. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    Where's a like button when you need one?
  2. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
  3. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    55 m2, plus a balcony and a cellar.
    Ko?ice
  4. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Pretty big for a 1-bedroom. Nice.
  5. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    We call them 2-room flats here, because the living room (which is separate) counts as a room, too. :) Slightly different naming convention than the one used in UK and USA... So basically, my flat consists of a small hallway, a toilet, a bathroom (but I'll be combining and enlarging the toilet and the bathroom to save space, they're really tiny now), a kitchen, a bedroom and a living room with a balcony. :) But yeah, the bedroom and the living room are pretty big.
  6. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Cathedral_of_St._Elizabeth_in_Ko%C5%A1ice.jpg]

Is that the flat?
  7. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    [face_laugh] No, that's the St. Elizabeth Cathedral. The largest Gothic church in Slovakia. Also, bits of "World Without End" (sequel to "Pillars of the Earth") were filmed there last October, I believe. :)
  8. epic Ex Mod

star 7
    congrats! my gf and I bought a 2 bed place late last year so i'm still getting used to it. we took advantage of a developer plan where they put up 15% of the deposit (to be re-paid within 10 years interest free), otherwise we'd have never been able to afford it. once we get a lodger in the 2nd room, the mortgage will be less than the rent i was paying in my old houseshare sharing with 5 other people, which is stupid, but typical of London.
  9. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    You wily old fox, you.
  10. epic Ex Mod

star 7
    my wiliness holds no bounds, this is true. it is boundless.
  11. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    I suspected as much.