main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As powerful as Master Windu

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithreaper, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I'd take it further: Palpatine likely knows diddly-squat about military training. He DOES know about manipulating and controlling people, though.
    I get the impression that they know this, but sort of let it roll off them. They seem to feel that your average Republic citizen is too ignorant of what their lives are like to make a judgment on the matter. Again, I'll reference Cestus Deception, as I read it not too long ago.

Back on topic: it's really amazing that Anakin was as powerful as he was drawing mostly on instinct and raw power. He had just become a knight, and had almost no experience with the Dark Side, and was able to take out everything the Temple threw at him, and only lost to Kenobi because he made a bad, arrogant decision.

2. Quiet_Mandalorian

Quiet_Mandalorian Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2005
    Yes, but what is the GAR? It's an abstraction, essentially. I'm not saying that it's imperative that every CT learn Mando'a (in fact, I don't it's ever been hinted that any more than a few know any more than a few words of it), but once again, Mandalorian customs seem to be primarily focused on creating and sustaining fighting-men, something that would no doubt be of practical value, as I've already said.

Uh-huh, and what is their number-one aspiration/myth/ideal?

Jango Fett.

Notwithstanding the fact that it's in step with keeping them sane?

I wouldn't say they are, per se. I tend to look at the average CT as being a bit like the average Canadian, i.e. they're (mostly) docile drones brought up specifically to serve the state (well, almost), but the society that they exist in is very much influenced by American culture. Some of them are just more aware and hence, open to the advantages of accepting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.