main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC As Promised: Horrors! || The VicFF Social Outing Thread||

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by PulsarSkate, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Non-Saturdays usually work for me. :p Or even that night would be alright, but I work full days on Saturdays so it's difficult to make it into the city before 5 or 6.

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Ahh, I see!

Very well. I shall make a list:

Things that mean a meet won't work

- Saturdays
    - Sporting festivals

3. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    When work has allocated my a permanant 3rd shift of a week I'll be able to tell. But at present I stand at:

Not able to do Wednesdays, or Thursday (Work); Alternating Friday & Saturday evenings (Fortnightly rotation)(Work)(Saturday is this week).

Otherwise I'm pretty cool.. Some Tuesdays (post 7.30pm), and obviously some weekends are out - but as people go I have a fair amount of time on my hands.

Given enough notice, (about 3-4 weeks - So I can write myself up as N/A for work) I'll be able to organise myself to get out.

4. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Monday to Wednesday I'm at Uni, but other than that if I know in advance I should be fine.

5. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005

Greetings...

I'm a newcomer to the Victoria forum, so I've been injecting myself into all the active threads...well, there's about three threads that have seen posts in the last couple of days- but it's still fun!

How are you guys enjoying the Commonwealth Games? (Or to use PulsarSkate's phrase, 'The Games of Doom'.) Beware Flinders St on Wednesdays, they're making it one-way so you can only go DOWN to the platforms, making you exit through Elizabeth St.

How I love public transport :rolleyes:

6. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Welcome! :D

I have been thankfully avoiding the horrors of Flinder St this week, because the trams have been suspciously empty up my end of town. Perhaps they're killing off the commuters...

[face_worried]

7. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

Oh, I wouldn't put it past them...I could've sworn I saw two IG-series droids skulking around the ticket machines...[face_skull]

8. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I've been staying clear of the city other than uni ever since the games started, but I intend on giving the CBD a shot tomorrow to buy some CDs . . .

9. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Good luck! You might see me ranting on a street corner about the evils of a public transport :p

10. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    I've never had a problem with public transport, fair dinks, I reckon our trams are bloody great. The Games are rocking and the city is thriving and that's also BLOODY great. So full of LIFE!! God almighty, I'm excited..

PS, organising a meet is very challenging task indeed, huh? I reckon a mid-week meet at a comfy lounge on brunswick st or sydney rd would be suave... but like that's going to happen haha

11. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

I envy you!

12. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Depends on which tram you catch methinks...

Try Routes 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 16, 64, 67, 72 at the moment. Seriously, nearly everyone I catch from Queensberry St. (And on the odd occasion from Melbourne University itself), it's like being squished in like a sardine tin. Same with the same routes from Melbourne Central. :mad:

I think I may be slowly developing a case of claustrophia, from all these packed trains and trams. doesn't help that some commuters marinate in perfume or hairspray etc... :(

13. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    Haha, would you prefer to marinate in ye olde body odour? I catch route 55, its wicked fun

14. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Number 19 all the way baby! Nothing beats surly office workers who try and take up more room with their newspapers!

15. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

See what public transport does? Even our resident Caamasi is becoming claustrophobic...

I wish I'd had a video-recorder handy at the Melbourne Central platforms today. There was this train going to Werribee with only a couple of carriages, and the commuters were attempting to squeeze themselves in without getting jammed in the doors- it took several attempts before they got the doors shut.

The Games end on Sunday...now to wait for the Comedy Festival in a couple of weeks! :)

16. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Squee! I can't wait! I've got tickets to see Dylan Moran (from 'Black Books') and I'm hoping going to as many little shows possible. Anyone else going?

*takes notes for possible meets [face_devil]*

17. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Oooohh I want I want I want to see Dylan Moran!!!!!!!!

Stupid isolated W.A. All we're getting is Judith Lucy this month, which is good, but not Bernard.

18. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

I'm hoping to see Tripod. Some of the smaller shows are only $10, but they can be a bit hit-and-miss. I saw Raw Comedy last year, which showcased the finalists of the comedy talent search, and that was quite hit-and-miss, but the hosts were Tripod and Arj Barker, and they were great.

A bit of cool trivia: in the second book of their NJO 'Force Heretic' trilogy, Adelaide authors Shane Dix and Sean Williams make a reference to Tripod- when Tahiri poses a part of an underground cleaning gang, whose members are named Yon, Gaitzi and Scod.

I started a thread on it once in Literature but only Kyptastic knew what on earth I was going on about ;)

19. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    noice! I saw tripod at UWA 2 years ago.

they're pretty classy live. I wanted to see Weird Al Yankovich, but I missed out! I wanted to top myself!

20. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

I love it how they can just burst into three-part harmony :) . As for Weird Al, I love 'The Saga Begins'.

21. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I dolove Tripod, very amusing guys and so nice to talk to! Scod does acoustic gigs at my local and t turns out he can write emo with the best of them! :p

I did hear about Tripod being in the NJO series, they were talking about it one morning years ago on Triple J, when Tripod used to do the song in an hour with Adam and Wil. Ahhh, good times...

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Skate: which date you seeing Dylan Moran? I might be lurking in the audience... ;)

23. Jet-Eye

Jan 10, 2001
    how funny, i'm seeing Dylan too. I'm seeing him after the festival though, in England :p

24. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Tell me about it. Werribee is my line.

And I'm hopefully going to see old Bernard at Hamer Hall, but I haven't got the tickets yet so who knows.

25. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    PoT: The Saturday night, uh, 15th? Don't you dare lurk...I'll sniff you out :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.