main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

As ROTS approaches, which film do you like more?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Strilo , Apr 10, 2005.

?

As ROTS approaches, which film do you like more?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

36.5%
  2. Attack of the Clones

63.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Episode One was lacking in many areas. Given the choices, Episode II is a better film.

2. Ryloth_bounty_hunter

Ryloth_bounty_hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2003
    AOTC. The phantom menace was ok but I think AOTC was just better. More interesting background characters, creatures and locations which interest me the most in a movie.

3. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    I also enjoyed the plot more in AOTC than in TPM. Kept me on the edge of my seat a lot, even though TPM was a more tightly contructed movie. And then it was nice and simple, contrasting and echoing upon ANH's story and plot, much like TPM echoes and contrasts upon ROTJ's plot. As ROTS to TESB. Well really, they are all echoing and contrasting upon each-other. They're all similiar.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    The only thing TPM has going for it in my book is that it has quite a few Palpatine appearances in it, either as Sidious or Senator. Compared to the screen time he gets in AOTC, he is a star in TPM.

Other than that, AOTC is more my favorite.

5. renegadesith

renegadesith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    If I had to make a choice (based on just the duels) then definitely TPM.

6. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    Attack Of The Clones! My favourite Star Wars film.....so far!

7. DoOrDoNotNoTry

DoOrDoNotNoTry Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 12, 1999
    I've never been particulary fond of AOTC. Something about it just doesn't sit right with me.

After seeing ROTS, I prefer TPM to AOTC. It's such a happy movie and everyone is feeling great that they won. They have no idea what's about to his them in 13 years.

That little obnoxious boy on Tatooine is so innocent yet he's gonna create such a Sith storm later on(sorry, couldn't resist).

AOTC just seems like filler until we get to the good stuff of AOTC.

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Now that I've watched them again for the first time in about six months, I can say that I like AOTC more. It's more exciting, better written and directed and contains a bit more natural acting.
    Sometimes, I'll probably go back to liking TPM more. Overall, though, I think that AOTC is more well done.

Yep
    /LM

9. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    Attack of the Clones even after seeing ROTS still remains to be my favorite of the PT.

10. T16Skyhopper

T16Skyhopper Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2002
    AOTC. While I think TPM had better direction, acting and dialogue, they were all sorta wasted on a sub-par story and characters. AOTC lacked all those things, IMO, but quality of the plot made up for it enough to top TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.