Beyond As the Dust Settles (post-TUF vignettes)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nitro29, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Nitro29 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've always liked stories that occured after the NJO. This is an idea I've been kickn' around for a while, and I've finally gotten around to writting it out.

So these are vignettes that center around different characters as they reflect the events that transpired over the NJO. Depending on the response I get, I'll post more accordingly.

So.......

Han Solo looked out of the viewport of the Millenium Falcon, gazing into the remains of the planet that stood before him. Sernpidal; where it all began for him, where his lifed would be forever changed. It all started here, his downward spiral into depression, his alcohol binges that no matter how hard he tried, would never ease his pain. And then there was alienating himself from the ones who did care, the ones who could help ease his pain; his family. Thinking back, it was amazing how low he had gone.

What was I thinking? He thought to himself. But there was no point to dwelling on that thought. What was done was done. All he could do was take responsibilty for what he had done and make it up to those he hurt. He looked back out towards Sernpidal. It was exaclty the same as he had last seen it, not long after the defeat of the first Yuuzhan Vong task force. The difference now was that he was able to look at the planet with out feeling that heart-ripping pain he felt when ever he thought of how his oldest friend?s life was taken away.

Chewie, he thought to himself, when I came here those years ago I vowed that I would make your sacrafice count for something. I know you would want nothing more than for my safety, but I could not sit iddly by while your killers were running rampant through the galaxy. Now that they have been beaten back, I?ve come here to make my peace, to set everything right. You did not die in vain.

Han sat back in his seat and recounted the events that had transpired not that long ago; the final battle. With the Vong forces weak from struggling to maintain control over their worlds, and the Galactic Alliance gaining the upper hand, slowly taking back conquered worlds, the Vong made a desperate all out attack on the capital of the Galactic Alliance; Mon Calamari. The forces involved were eye-opening. The remaining Yuuzhan Vong fleet pitted against the combined forces of the Galactice Alliance, the Remnant, and the Hapans. It had taken everyones combined effort to take them on. Despite the combined forces, they still were slightly outnumbered. Both his children had played a huge role in the battle. Jacen, controling what they called the ?Force meld.? Jaina, being a part of that meld, and leading her squadron. It had been determined that contingents of Remnant and Hapan forces be spread out to protect the planet from being invaded by groundforces. The rest would take the fight to the Vong head on.

The battle dragged on, many ships were destroyed, many lives were lost. The Vong started to gain the upper hand when part of the Remnant and Hapan blockade was broken. Then something that utterly baffled Han occured.The sudden appearence of that planet, Zonama Sekot. It had changed everything. With their aid, the Vong had no chance for victory, and were finally defeated.

The sound of the airlock snapped him out of his reverie. Leia appeared with a smile on her beautiful face. ?Hey,? she said.

?Hey.? he replied. Han stood up and took a moment to just look at this woman standing before him. Leia, his loving wife, who had stayed with him through thick and thin. Despite his shunning her, she had still taken him back. He had always said, and still believed that she was stonger than him in so many ways. When tragedy struck, and Anakin had perished at Myrkr, he thought it would completey break her, because it had certainly tore him apart. But with the help of each other, they were able to get back on their feet and recover from their loss. When Jacen was thought dead, even a little by himself, Leia stood by her bel
  2. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very nice! :D

Good choice starting with Han at Sernpidal. I'll be interested to see what kind of scenes you have in store for other characters.
  3. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome start, Nitro! :D I love Han. He's one of my all time favorite SW characters. Post more soon please.
  4. Nitro29 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nice to see someone read it. You two are the greatest. :D Hope to get some more readers though. I think I'll do Jacen next.
  5. Nitro29 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Let's see if this gets a better response

?No matter how dark the night, morning always comes.? Jacen Solo thought to himself. When he first heard that quote, he wasn?t quite sure what that ment. Now, with the recent defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong, he finally understood. Looking out on the balcony of his apartment, he recounted the events that had happened over the years.

He remembered how things at times seemed utterly hopeless. The Yuuzhan Vong were some unyielding force that would take the galaxy star by star. With the death of his loved ones, Anakin and Chewbacca, he was suprised to find that his family still had the strength to carry on. With the fall of Coruscant, and the collapse of the New Republic, he was amazed on how the people somehow still had hope, in the darkest of times, and had risen from the chaos to fight back. It was amazing how all the forces of this galaxy stood together, united in one cause. Despite still being outnumbered, the people of this galaxy would not back down, would not surrender to the Vong. For they knew what evils they would face under Vong control. The final showdown, he thought to himself, it was truly breath taking. The Yuuzhan Vong were that darkness, and the people?s will to be free was that morning that would come. It had finally came.

He glanced at his side to find Danni Quee standing beside him, gazing out at the beautiful oceans of Mon Calamari. The first one to whitness this all, he thought to himself.

I can?t imagine how this must feel for you, Danni? he said to her.

She looked at him with her inquisitve green eyes. ?What do you mean??

?This whole experience; you've seen it all. You were the first person to whitness the Yuuzhan Vong?s impending invasion. To endure the evils that so many people soon would have to face, and live to tell about it. And now, standing here, you are here to see the end of that invasion. Not only see that end, but help in seeing that end come.?

She smiled at him. ?I know I certainly would not have been able to see that end if it weren?t for the love of my closest friends. I couldn?t just do nothing with the knowledge of the Yuuzhan Vong murdering the scientists at the Ex-Gal facility.? She looked into Jacen?s eyes, ?I?m just glad that I was forunate to have someone so caring come to my rescue.?

Jacen smiled, ?I?m glad I have found someone so driven and dedicated. I know we would never have gotten out of that situation on Zonama Sekot if it weren?t for you.?

?That?s kind Jacen, but you did just as much as I did, if not more, in getting throught that.?

?We?ll call it a draw then.? That drew a smile from her, and she came foward to give him a hug. Jacen just stood there with her in his arms. He remembered talking with her on the Jade Shadow about what he would do when this was all over.

He looked down at her. Yes indeed, morning had finally come, and he had never felt so sure in his life. Even moreso than after his experience with Vergere.He still didn?t know what he would do. But in his heart he knew one thing was certain. Whatever it was, he would certainly share it with Danni.

6. Danny_Quee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Awwwww, I really liked that one! :)

I just love Jacen and Danni...of course, you know that. ;)

Keep up the good work, Nitro! :D
  7. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Another good post, Nitro! Of course, you know I'm liking the Danni/Jacen action. ;)

Who's next?
  8. JacenHornSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
  9. KazieSolo Jedi Knight

That was wonderful, Nitro! Especially the Jacen/Danni one. Awesome job! =P
  10. JainaSticksSolo19 Force Ghost

star 3
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.